• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl: Microwave Instructions

In summary, Danielle says to peel and cube potatoes, place bowl lid on turned 1/4 so that it is not sealed and has room to vent, microwave 9-12 minutes, and take potatoes out after 9-10 minutes. She then mixes milk and butter in an easy to read measuring cup and microwaves until hot. She continues to mash the potatoes with a masher while adding the milk/butter mixture until desired texture is reached.
lovenpc
I think I read somewhere that you can make mashed potatoes in the classic batter bowl in the microwave. If so, can someone give me the details....time, amount of water, lid on or off. Thanks Danielle

I know there are many ways to do this...but I use one of the ways I saw on here awhile ago:

Peel & Cube potatoes (we use anywhere from 3-5 potatoes) in Classic Batter Bowl. I cube pretty small so they mash easy.

Place Batter Bowl lid on turned 1/4 so that it is not sealed and has room to vent. Microwave 9-12 minutes. (DH does NOT like lumpy potatoes, so we microwave 12-13 minutes). Stick a fork in them after 9-10 minutes and see if they are soft enough for you.

Take potatoes out of microwave, turn lid so that it almost seals Batter Bowl. While the potatoes sit, I combine milk and butter in Easy Read Measuring Cup and microwave until hot. We usually do 1 cup milk and 2-3 Tbsp butter. DH likes his potatoes very creamy. When he is making fewer potatoes, we do 1/2 cup milk and 1 Tbsp butter. After awhile you'll figure out how much milk/butter to heat up for the qty of potatoes you use.

Mash the potatoes with Masher and start gradually adding the milk/butter mixture until desired texture, continuing to mash.

I know others recipes call for the milk & butter to be microwaved with the potatoes, but I do it separately so I can control how creamy I want the potatoes.

HTH

Thanks so much Kathleen. Just to clarify, you just but the potatoes in the bowl with NO water to ook them?
Danielle

lovenpc said:
Thanks so much Kathleen. Just to clarify, you just but the potatoes in the bowl with NO water to ook them?
Danielle

Yep, just potatoes - no water.

DH can now do his own! And it is SO much cheaper than buying the containers (Bob Evans, etc) of Mashed Potatoes.

,Hi Danielle,Yes, you can definitely make mashed potatoes in the classic batter bowl in the microwave. Here are the details:1. Start by peeling and cutting your potatoes into small chunks. You can use any type of potatoes you prefer, but russet potatoes work great for mashed potatoes.2. Place the potato chunks in the classic batter bowl and add enough water to cover them.3. Microwave on high for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.4. Drain the water from the bowl and use the Mix 'N Masher to mash the potatoes right in the bowl.5. Add your desired seasonings and mix well.6. If you prefer a creamier consistency, you can add a little bit of milk or butter and continue mashing until you reach your desired texture.7. If you want to keep the mashed potatoes warm, cover the bowl with the lid and microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes.And that's it! You now have delicious mashed potatoes made in the classic batter bowl in just a few minutes. Enjoy!Best,

What is the recommended cooking time for the Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl?

The recommended cooking time for the Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl is 8-10 minutes.

Can I make the Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl in the microwave?

Yes, the Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl can be made in the microwave following the provided instructions.

Do I need to add any additional ingredients to the Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl?

No, the Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl come with all the necessary ingredients. Simply follow the instructions and microwave for a delicious side dish.

How many servings does the Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl make?

The Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl make approximately 6 servings.

Can I refrigerate any leftovers from the Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl?

Yes, any leftover Mashed Potatoes in a Batter Bowl can be refrigerated and reheated for later use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpasto
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
lmradlein