• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Potatoes in the DCB Microwave: Whole Potato Experiment

In summary, it typically takes 10-12 minutes to bake a medium-sized potato in the DCB Microwave without the need for poking holes or using aluminum foil. You can bake up to 4 medium-sized potatoes at once and add seasonings and toppings before baking for added flavor. Adjust cooking time accordingly for larger potatoes.
imkay32
has anyone used whole potatoes (white or sweet) in the DCB in the microwave? was wondering if i could do a "baked" potato and not heat up the whole house.

You can just pop the potatoes in the micro without any stoneware. Poke holes throughout each potato, and use the "baked potato" button....most micro's come with this option.

i wanted to use my baker to see if i could get a more oven baked taste

1. How long does it take to bake a potato in the DCB Microwave?

It typically takes about 10-12 minutes to bake a medium-sized potato in the DCB Microwave. However, the exact time may vary depending on the size and type of potato, as well as the wattage of your microwave.

2. Do I need to poke holes in the potato before baking it in the DCB Microwave?

No, you do not need to poke holes in the potato before baking it in the DCB Microwave. The design of the Deep Covered Baker allows for steam to escape without the need for poking holes.

3. Can I use aluminum foil when baking potatoes in the DCB Microwave?

Yes, you can use aluminum foil when baking potatoes in the DCB Microwave. However, it is not necessary as the Deep Covered Baker is designed to cook the potatoes evenly without the need for foil.

4. How many potatoes can I bake at once in the DCB Microwave?

You can bake up to 4 medium-sized potatoes at once in the DCB Microwave. If you are baking larger potatoes, you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. Can I add any seasonings or toppings to the potatoes before baking them in the DCB Microwave?

Yes, you can add seasonings and toppings to the potatoes before baking them in the DCB Microwave. Some popular options include garlic powder, paprika, and shredded cheese. Just make sure to evenly distribute the seasonings and toppings on the potatoes for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies