• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Tasty Potato Soup Recipe from Pampered Chef Community: Bacon & Beyond!

In summary, a guest at a show went to a show a "long" time ago and they fixed a Potato Soup recipe. It had bacon in it and she'd like the recipe. Does anyone know of a potato soup recipe that used to be part of the PC community? Thanks.
beepampered
A guest at a show went to a show a "long" time ago and they fixed a Potato Soup recipe. It had bacon in it and she'd like the recipe. I can't imagine remembering what recipe was served at a show YEARS later so it must be good. Does anyone know of a potato soup recipe that used to be part of the PC community? Thanks.

There's the Smashed Potato Soup in It's Good for You. That might be it.

also a good one in Main Dishes

Or the one in the new Season's Best!

I just made the new recipe in SB and WOW it's great! Will be making this one a lot!!

I just made it too, with the following modifications:• Wisk cream cheese? HELLO? It all got stuck in my wisk! If I ever make this again, the cream cheese will be room temperature and I will use my mixer! The cream cheese was way too lumpy!• Green onions are best served on the side ... I have abundant chives growing in the weed garden, may use them instead!• I peeled the potatoes, just because mine were scrubbed and still looked gross ... That's what ya get for shopping at Sav-a-lot!• Bacon was on sale for $1.49 and I would not make this recipe without it!

made it the other day...yummy
my modifications:
definitely peel the potatoes...I didnt and when I went to chop them with mix and chop the peelings all began to fall off anyhow, and they looked nasty floating in the soup...I had the cream cheese softened and it mixed up perfectly with just my scraper..wouldn't whisk either...
Then add the milk slowly like it says.
I will use the small bar pan to cook up some bacon at the beginning of the demo or before and then chop with food chopper to show.
I didn't have green onions so I threw in Tastefully simple onion onion...yummy!!! I also didn't rotate the potatoes...if I was to demo this, I wouldn't want to have to stop the micro at 11 minutes and then rotate them and do another 10 minutes ...I just put them on for the 20 minutes as is and then mashed them up!!!! Mixed the other stuff up while they were cooking.

I also made the potato soup. It was very good. Next time I will peel the potatoes as well. Wisking the cream cheese, yeah it was nearly impossible. It got all stuck in the whisk. I also cooked the bacon on my small bar pan. I will not cook bacon any other way.

I made this soup last night, in spite of the fact that it was 95+ here yesterday. Our AC downstairs works VERY well- even set to 75, and we're always under blankets, so soup sounded good! But the soup was excellent and very easy! My 5 yr old loves "white soups", so he gobbled it up. I did peel all but two of the smaller potatoes. I didn't start out "whisking" my cream cheese...I used a bamboo spoon so soften it first and start adding the milk, then I switched to whisking and it worked fine. I added some leftover Turkey bacon that I had and it was delicious. Eating it for lunch today. :D (and yep- going to be 97!)

I made this but wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and used an 8oz block of cream cheese instead of the 4oz that it calls for. I also had a difficult time whisking the cream cheese and milk because of it getting stuck in the whisk. I did not peel the potatoes, but think I might next time. I also added a good bit of extra cheese than what the recipe called for.
Instead of frying bacon (because I didn't have any), my son and husband topped their's off with bacon bits (I buy the kind in a little bag that taste like actual bacon pieces, not hard little chunks).
I also made a pan of cornbread and it was delicious crumbled up in the soup.

1. What ingredients are needed for the potato soup recipe?

The potato soup recipe from Pampered Chef Community: Bacon & Beyond calls for 6 medium potatoes, 8 slices of bacon, 1 onion, 1 garlic clove, 4 cups of chicken broth, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup of chopped green onions.

2. Can I use a different type of broth in the recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of broth you prefer. Vegetable or beef broth would also work well in this potato soup recipe.

3. How do I make the soup creamy?

To make the soup creamy, you will need to blend the cooked potatoes and broth together using a blender or immersion blender. Then, add the heavy cream and shredded cheddar cheese to the blended mixture and stir until well combined.

4. How long does it take to make this potato soup?

The total cook time for this potato soup recipe is about 45 minutes. However, the active prep time is only about 20 minutes.

5. Can I make this soup ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this potato soup ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat the soup on the stove or in the microwave until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinforyou
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • JackieB999
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Aun