• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ricing Potatoes with a Cookie Press - A Surprising Success!

In summary, a cookie press is a kitchen tool used to create uniform shapes out of dough or mashed potatoes. It consists of a cylindrical tube with a plunger at one end and interchangeable disks with various designs at the other end. Any type of potato can be used for ricing with a cookie press, with starchy potatoes like Russet or Yukon Gold being preferred for a smoother consistency. It is recommended to peel the potatoes before ricing with a cookie press to avoid affecting the texture, but thin-skinned potatoes can also be used. The main advantage of using a cookie press for ricing potatoes is the ability to create a smoother and finer texture, as well as more control over shape and size. A cookie press can also be used
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I know I've raved about the cookie press but tonight I tried it for ricing potatoes. Wasn't really sure what to expect. It worked fabulous. I don't suggest it for large quantities as just the few servings I had didn't fit in the whole tube. But it was really easy to use and made really nice soft potatoes!

Good to hear! DH hates lumpy potatoes and he likes them WAY too "soupy" for me...so just doing a small amount won't be a problem for us.

kam said:
Good to hear! DH hates lumpy potatoes and he likes them WAY too "soupy" for me...so just doing a small amount won't be a problem for us.

Yes perfectly smooth!

which insert did you use? Just curious. I LOVE when I can suggest other uses for our products. That way, it makes it more valuable!!

shelly.nurse said:
which insert did you use? Just curious. I LOVE when I can suggest other uses for our products. That way, it makes it more valuable!!

The new cookie press has a ricing disc.

What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to create uniform shapes out of dough or mashed potatoes. It consists of a cylindrical tube with a plunger at one end and interchangeable disks with various designs at the other end. To use it, you fill the tube with the desired dough or mashed potatoes, and push the plunger to press the mixture through the disk, creating the desired shape.

Can any type of potato be used for ricing with a cookie press?

Yes, any type of potato can be used for ricing with a cookie press. However, starchy potatoes like Russet or Yukon Gold are preferred as they produce a smoother and fluffier consistency when mashed.

Do I need to peel the potatoes before ricing with a cookie press?

It is recommended to peel the potatoes before ricing with a cookie press. The potato skins can get stuck in the disk and affect the texture of the mashed potatoes. However, if you prefer to keep the skins on, make sure to use a potato variety with thin skins.

What is the advantage of using a cookie press for ricing potatoes?

The main advantage of using a cookie press for ricing potatoes is that it creates a smoother and finer texture compared to other methods like mashing or using a potato ricer. It also allows for more control over the shape and size of the mashed potatoes, making it perfect for creating fun and attractive side dishes.

Can I use a cookie press for ricing other types of vegetables?

Yes, a cookie press can be used for ricing other types of cooked vegetables as well, such as carrots, parsnips, or cauliflower. However, keep in mind that the consistency of the mashed vegetables may vary depending on the type and texture of the vegetable used. Experiment with different vegetables to find your favorite combination!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13
  • Liquid Sky