• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick! Potato/Corn Chowder Recipe Needed

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a potato/corn chowder recipe that they made before. They remember it being in an older cookbook and cooked in a large microcooker in the microwave. They ask if anyone has the recipe and also request other potato soup recipes. Another person responds with a recipe for Easy Corn Chowder that includes red potatoes, corn, red pepper, and ham cooked in a saucepan on the stove. They also suggest topping it with bacon and cheese.
kewaters
i'm looking for a potato/corn chowder recipe i made once before. i think it was in one of the older season's best cookbooks. i know it included potatoes, corn and red pepper and you cooked it in the large microcooker in the microwave. Anyone have the recipe handy that they would be able to post? I'm at work and don't wnat to have to go home then to the grocery store tonight. Also, if you havea any other potato soup recipe that would be great as well (note, my microwave is too small for my DCB so trying the new one is out). Thanks!

Here's what I've made at shows. YUM, I'm checking to see if I have
everything, we got a cold snap and this sounds awesome!!

Easy Corn Chowder
The Pampered Chef®
Super Salads Recipe Cards 2003

2 medium unpeeled red potatoes
1 cup cubed cooked ham
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup coarsely chopped celery
1 tsp butter or margerine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (14 – 14 ½ oz) chicken broth
1 can (12 oz) fat-free evaporated milk
1 can (15oz) creamed corn
2 tablespoons sliced chives
salt and ground black pepper to taste
cooked crumbled bacon (optional)
Cheese Grated (Opt.)

Cut potatoes and ham into ½-inch cubes using Chef’ Knife; set aside. Dice bell pepper. Coarsely chop celery using Food Chopper. Heat butter in Professional Medium (3qt) saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and celery; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in flour; heat until bubbly. Gradually add broth, evaporated milk and corn, whisking with Nylon Spiral Whisk until blended.
Add potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in ham; heat through. Remove from heat; stir chives into soup and season with salt and black pepper. Ladle soup into bowls using Nylon Ladle. OPT: Top with bacon and serve with Lacy Cheese Crisps, or even grate some fresh cheese over them.

Yield: 6 servings (6 - ½ cups)

Here is a recipe for Potato and Corn Chowder that can be made in the microwave:Ingredients:- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced- 1 onion, chopped- 1 red bell pepper, diced- 1 cup frozen corn- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth- 1 cup milk- 1/2 cup heavy cream- 1 tsp dried thyme- Salt and pepper, to taste- Shredded cheddar cheese, for topping (optional)Instructions:1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, red bell pepper, and corn.2. Pour the broth over the vegetables and stir to combine.3. Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap, leaving a small vent.4. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.5. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, heavy cream, thyme, salt, and pepper.6. After the vegetables have cooked for 10 minutes, add the milk mixture to the bowl.7. Stir to combine, then microwave for an additional 5 minutes.8. Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chowder.9. If desired, top with shredded cheddar cheese before serving.Enjoy your delicious and easy Potato and Corn Chowder!

1. What ingredients do I need for a quick potato/corn chowder?

To make a quick potato/corn chowder, you will need:

• 4 cups diced potatoes
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional toppings: bacon bits, green onions, sour cream

2. Can I use canned corn instead of frozen corn?

Yes, you can substitute canned corn for frozen corn in this recipe. Just make sure to drain and rinse the canned corn before adding it to the chowder.

3. How do I make this recipe vegetarian/vegan?

To make this recipe vegetarian, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omit the bacon bits as a topping. To make it vegan, you can also use non-dairy milk and cheese alternatives.

4. Can I use a slow cooker for this recipe?

Yes, you can adapt this recipe for a slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients (except for the milk and cheese) to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Once the potatoes are tender, stir in the milk and cheese until melted and serve.

5. How can I make this recipe healthier?

To make this recipe healthier, you can use low-sodium broth, skim milk, and reduced-fat cheese. You can also add in more vegetables, such as diced carrots or celery, for added nutrients. Additionally, you can use turkey bacon or omit the bacon altogether for a lower-fat option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinforyou
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef