• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Homemade Potato Chips on Stoneware | Easy Recipe

In summary, stoneware is a great material for making potato chips because it evenly distributes heat and retains heat well, resulting in crispy, evenly cooked chips. To properly season stoneware before making potato chips, rub a small amount of oil onto the surface and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Stoneware can be used to make various types of potato chips, such as sweet potato or veggie chips, by adjusting the cooking time and temperature accordingly. Flipping the potato chips while cooking on stoneware is not necessary, as the even heat distribution ensures both sides are cooked evenly. After making potato chips, clean stoneware by letting it cool and washing it with warm, soapy water, avoiding metal utensils
bridgetbakes
I have heard that you can slice potatoes with the Mandoline, sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and throw on the stoneware at 400 degrees to make potato chips...Does anyone know how long they need to stay in the oven?

I am doing the potato demo at my show this weekend and the chips sound great!

It takes about 10 minutes in my oven. YUM!! I think I'll make some of those tonight! Try a batch at home before you do the show or make most of them at home and just do the last batch at the show to save time.

How do you think they would taste made with sweet potatoes????;)

Ginger428 said:

I would use the cinnimon on sweet potatoes...YUMMY!

Sweet potato chips -YUMMM!!!:p

Ginger428 said:
Oh my! I have to make some of these!! YUMMY!!!!

What are the benefits of using stoneware for making potato chips?

Stoneware is a great material for making potato chips because it evenly distributes heat, resulting in crispy, evenly cooked chips. It also retains heat well, keeping the chips warm for longer periods of time.

How do I properly season my stoneware before making potato chips?

To season your stoneware, simply rub a small amount of oil onto the surface and bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. This will help prevent sticking and ensure a crispy texture for your potato chips.

Can I use stoneware to make different types of potato chips, such as sweet potato or veggie chips?

Yes, stoneware can be used to make a variety of different types of potato chips, including sweet potato and veggie chips. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly for the specific type of chip you are making.

Do I need to flip the potato chips while they are cooking on stoneware?

No, flipping the potato chips is not necessary when cooking on stoneware. The even heat distribution will ensure that both sides of the chips are cooked evenly without the need for flipping.

How do I clean my stoneware after making potato chips?

To clean your stoneware after making potato chips, simply let it cool completely and then wash it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • swtnsssychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
swtnsssychef
Replies