• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing a Kid-Friendly Main Course To the Boy Scout Potluck Dinner

In summary, some easy and suitable main course options for a kid-friendly potluck dinner include spaghetti and meatballs, chicken tenders, mac and cheese, mini sliders, or pizza. To accommodate children with dietary restrictions, you can offer vegetarian or gluten-free options. It is also possible to prepare the main course in advance and reheat it at the potluck dinner. To make the main course more appealing for kids, you can use colorful ingredients, fun shapes, and involve them in the cooking process. Additionally, there are healthy main course options that are still appealing to kids, such as turkey or veggie burgers, grilled chicken skewers, or a vegetable stir-fry. Incorporating fruits and vegetables in creative ways can also make the main
chef.katie
My son's boy scout troop is having a pot luck dinner next week and I need some suggestions on what to bring. I need to provide a main course type dish that will feed multiple people and that the kids will like. Any ideas?

The Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss is Yummy If people dont take tons it will serve more and my 4 yr old son who hates broccli and carrots loves this dish.

Mandarin Pasta Salad, of course...sorry I can't seem to find any place that this dish does not fit. Kids love it (mine do at least and they are picky eaters) and it is a big salad and will feed many.

If you need a main dish, I would say the inside out lasagna!! It's awesome!! All kids like pasta and cheese!!!

Cajun Cornbread Chili SkilletMy favorite to take to a pot luck is the Cajun Cornbread Chili Skillet from All the Best. It's super easy to make. I bake it so it's ready just before we leave, the put the lid on it, and take it to the pot luck with the large square platter. When I feel like I have a large enough audience, I tell them that they have got to see this, then flip it out.

It's always a big WOW factor, most everybody loves the dish (kids included), and I've gotten some sales and a booking from doing it.

I've attached the recipe as I make it...I've modified it a little bit.

HTH

Attachments

• Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 317

1. What are some easy main course options that are kid-friendly and suitable for a potluck dinner?

Some easy main course options that are kid-friendly for a potluck dinner could include dishes such as spaghetti and meatballs, chicken tenders, mac and cheese, mini sliders, or pizza.

2. How can I make a main course that will accommodate children with dietary restrictions?

You can make a main course that accommodates children with dietary restrictions by offering a vegetarian option, such as a veggie pizza or pasta dish, or by providing a gluten-free option such as grilled chicken or quinoa salad.

3. Can I prepare the main course in advance and reheat it at the potluck dinner?

Yes, you can prepare the main course in advance and reheat it at the potluck dinner. Just make sure to properly store the dish in the refrigerator and reheat it to the appropriate temperature before serving.

4. How can I make the main course more fun and appealing for kids?

You can make the main course more fun and appealing for kids by incorporating colorful ingredients, using fun shapes or designs, and involving them in the cooking process. For example, you can make mini pizzas and let the kids choose their own toppings, or have them help assemble a build-your-own taco bar.

5. Are there any main course options that are healthy and still appealing to kids?

Yes, there are many main course options that are healthy and appealing to kids. Some ideas could include turkey or veggie burgers, grilled chicken skewers, or a vegetable stir-fry. You can also incorporate fruit and vegetables in creative ways, such as making fruit kabobs or serving a colorful vegetable platter with dip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Bexamo
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe