• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Important Notice: No Personal Info on Posters! Protect Our Contributors.

It sounds like you two are doing everything right. Sometimes it is just hard to predict who is going to show up, no matter how much we try to plan. Hang in there and keep trying!
DebPC
Staff member
A wonderful director just emailed me. Her name and telephone number recently appeared on a 2 flyers posted here as attachments. She has been receiving telephone calls for the last 2 weeks from members here asking questions about her theme shows. To make matters worse- the flyers weren't even done by her. No idea how her name and telephone number got on there. The post has been deleted and reposted without her personal info.

She was very gracious-BUT PLEASE DO NOT post any flyers or invitations, etc. with any personal information on them unless it's your own.
AND PLEASE do not call any posters on this website unless you are invited to.

We certainly don't want to take advantage of all our wonderful contributors.

I am also posting this under Announcements.

I am sorry but I am a little new at this. Is this poster available for other consultants to use? And where can I find it- Is Annoucements a link somewhere

There are tons of flyers that you can find in the files section...Debbie was just trying to make sure that we don't post files with someone else's info that is not our own.

I'm trying to remember to take the information off and do generic "fill in here" and on PDF versions having the space for a sticker or stamper.

I've never hosted a show of any kind before my first will be in November. I'm also planning on being my own consultant - yikes! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Read the recipe for success. Pick one of the recipes they include in it with a script. Practice, practice, practice until you are comfortable with the recipe and the script/have reworked the script to make it sound more like you.

What is the advantage of being your own consultant? Just wondering.

Do you mean being the consultant at your own show in your own house? You get to earn all the free products, half price products and discounts so you can stock up on any products you want and need to start doing the rest of your shows w/o spending very much money, if any. I did my own first show, and only spent about $20, earning over $115 in free and discounted items. It was hard for me to be the hostess and consultant, though. I wasn't a very good host to my guests because I was so busy being the consultant. I'd do it different if I were to do it again. Thankfully one of my sons helped me with the show and answered the door as guests arrived.

Every time I download an attachment, I ALWAYS replace their info with my own before saving it!

Figure that's best for everybody's security!

Di - check out the date of this original post - back in 2005 - I believe the matter has been taken care of -

I too save only with my info!!

New To Pampered Chef indiaan15.gif Hello, my name is Sheila and I am fairly new to The Pampered Chef. I joined the business June 7th, 2008, and I had my Grand Opening, but no one showed. What did I do wrong? How can I be sure when people tell me that they will be there that they are being truthful? BTW: I call them two days before, and the day of the party. :eek:

Sheila Gildersleeve said:
View attachment 11302 Hello, my name is Sheila and I am fairly new to The Pampered Chef. I joined the business June 7th, 2008, and I had my Grand Opening, but no one showed. What did I do wrong? How can I be sure when people tell me that they will be there that they are being truthful? BTW: I call them two days before, and the day of the party. :eek:

I would start a new thread on this to get more feedback on your questions.

It sounds like to me you did everything right. Sometimes it is like this no matter what we do. You can never know for sure if a person is going to do what they say.

Re: New To Pampered ChefSheila - I am new too. I had my opening June 21. I had several people say they would come but only 2 showed up. Luckily my best friend brought her mom and her mom's friend so it turned out ok. I am not sure what day you did your show, but mine was on a Saturday morning. I tend to think that summer gets people busier than other times in the year. Don't get discouraged.

Paige

Don't get down! I did my Grand Opening 7/10 and nobody showed for mine either. I know how you feel, but we gotta keep on keeping on. I believe if we press on that good things will come. I'm trying to just focus on the FUN! Best of luck, and GOD BLESS YOU!!!

I love theis site. I get so much encouragement. I'm new to PC too. I'm not only new to PC, but somewhat new to the area we live in too. We've lived here a year now. My day job is an hour commute each way so I have little time to meet anyone. I've done 3 cooking shows and 2 catalog show. I still get so nervous. My first show was my neice's that one was ok. My second one was for a friend. She had 10 - 12 people tell her they were coming and only 4 showed up and they were family members. It turned out ok too. My show I had sunday was my best one yet. It's at 609 and she has 5 more orders to pick up, but no bookings. When will I get over being so nervous?

The severity of your nervousness will lessen over time, but it's natural to get a bit nervous. Just be sure to practice out loud with a pretend audience. It helps you get comfortable with what you're doing.

tnmimi said:
I love theis site. I get so much encouragement. I'm new to PC too. I'm not only new to PC, but somewhat new to the area we live in too. We've lived here a year now. My day job is an hour commute each way so I have little time to meet anyone. I've done 3 cooking shows and 2 catalog show. I still get so nervous. My first show was my neice's that one was ok. My second one was for a friend. She had 10 - 12 people tell her they were coming and only 4 showed up and they were family members. It turned out ok too. My show I had sunday was my best one yet. It's at 609 and she has 5 more orders to pick up, but no bookings. When will I get over being so nervous?
I am also a new consultant--just finished my 90 days. I have learned that going over what I'm going to say on the way to the shows gives me more confidence that I won't forget an important detail. I do it just like I'm at the show--kinda like a practice run. I still get nervous, but if I can remember everything while I'm driving and not looking at my notes, I'm pretty confident I can do it when I get there. Like Rae said, practicing with a pretend audience does wonders,too! Good Luck!

The key to success in direct sales is commitment. We are all totally new to this when we start and you are not alone. Stay committed to your business and to learning and you will surely succeed.

This CashFlowShow blog category has http://www.createacashflowshow.com/category/building-show-business on finding bookings. :blushing: The site is dedicated to teaching people like you how to have a consistent cash flow in their home business!

Remember that the only way you can fail is by stopping!

Be sure to use the products in your own kitchen! I fell in love with the stoneware and so did my whole family. That makes you excited to tell others about it! I just used the paring knife with the sharpening cover and it was FANTASTIC to use a knife that really cut! (see, I don't actually know the name but hopefully, I will before the next party because I loved it!) I was SO excited! I had my hubby, who is a butcher, try it and even he liked it. I was cutting the baby back ribs that I was going to cook in my new DCB. They turned out fantastic! I think no "script" is the best way to go for me.

Yes, you need to make some of the key points. OK. I am starting to use a 3 ring binder and page protectors to give me reminders. But, most of the show is just me talking about what is the most exciting discoveries for me while using the products. And, the guests can add to that excitement if you ask them their favorite, "WOW" moment!

You girls are replying to a thread that started in 2005. ;)

Sheila said:
You girls are replying to a thread that started in 2005. ;)
Some stuff still applies today though. ;)

How do I get the flyer???

Freedom and flexibilty!!

I can't seem to see or open any attachments. I have tried to find out many times what I am doing wrong. Can I not open these with chrome on my android phone

What is the purpose of the "Important Notice" about not including personal information on posters?

The purpose of this notice is to protect our contributors' privacy and prevent any potential misuse of personal information that may be shared on our platform.

What qualifies as personal information?

Personal information includes any identifying details such as full name, phone number, email address, home address, social security number, or any other sensitive information that could be used to identify an individual.

Why is it important to protect our contributors' personal information?

Protecting our contributors' personal information is crucial to maintain their trust and ensure the safety of their sensitive data. It also helps us comply with privacy laws and regulations.

Can I share personal information in a private message on the platform?

No, we strongly discourage sharing personal information through private messages on the platform. We recommend using alternative methods of communication, such as email, to exchange personal information with other users.

What should I do if I come across a post or comment that includes personal information?

If you see a post or comment that includes personal information, please report it to our team immediately. We will take necessary actions to remove the information and remind our users about the importance of protecting personal information on our platform.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
MomToEli
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mom4angela