• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Postcards or Mini-Catalogs: Which is More Effective for Invitations?

usually they are holding onto them until the very last minute. I think it would be great if HO did more with on-hand qtys for the Fall-Winter Season!
JDooley said:
Becky... what size of label did you use that covered that area correctly?

I used the 30 to a page labels....and I didn't say it covered the area correctly.:D;) I think the email area was still visible.

I had it set up like this:

Show Title or Teaser
Host Name
Date and Time

I also used a label over the PC website which had my website, and instructions for ordering online.

OK... So I have minis with the invite label from CC on them, and I stuck an order form inside. Here are my questions:

1) Should I out them in a #10 envelope or leave as is?
2) Is it still a regular stamp?

It's a regular stamp with or w/o the envelope. It's up to you on the envelope. Many people have said that the mini's have a history of getting ripped up going through the postal machines. Some use bright colored envelopes so they stand out. I do mine in an envelope just to be safe. But it is added cost.

Ok Thanks!

I have my host make reminder calls to anyone who hasn't RSVP'd by two days prior. The mini's make a HUGE difference. Instead of getting a straight 'no' my hosts are getting a "sorry, but, I'd like such and such on page..." A little here and a little there adds up. I also send mine out in a regular envelope with a full page invite and the guest special on the back; however, the two sided guest specials need their own sheet and require an extra seventeen cents. If you figure the cost of mailing 20 invites, it doesn't take long to make up the cost and I'm finding my guests take them along to the show and take them back home with them! Many of them keep them strictly for the recipes and tuck them away. I had one guest who arrived at the show and said, "I feel stupid, I went to the grocery store looking for basil blend canola oil, knowing I had seen a recipe needing it somewhere. Now I remember it was in my mini." She walked away with the oil she needed for the recipe, along with $115 order and a booking. It was her first PC show and she probably wouldn't have attended had the recipe not caught her eye. I've gotten two more shows from her show. My postage has more than paid for itself!

gwyn26 said:
I have my host make reminder calls to anyone who hasn't RSVP'd by two days prior. The mini's make a HUGE difference. Instead of getting a straight 'no' my hosts are getting a "sorry, but, I'd like such and such on page..." A little here and a little there adds up. I also send mine out in a regular envelope with a full page invite and the guest special on the back; however, the two sided guest specials need their own sheet and require an extra seventeen cents. If you figure the cost of mailing 20 invites, it doesn't take long to make up the cost and I'm finding my guests take them along to the show and take them back home with them! Many of them keep them strictly for the recipes and tuck them away. I had one guest who arrived at the show and said, "I feel stupid, I went to the grocery store looking for basil blend canola oil, knowing I had seen a recipe needing it somewhere. Now I remember it was in my mini." She walked away with the oil she needed for the recipe, along with $115 order and a booking. It was her first PC show and she probably wouldn't have attended had the recipe not caught her eye. I've gotten two more shows from her show. My postage has more than paid for itself!

Small hijack...

On that full page invite others have shared, it says that there's a yummy recipe in the mini. But I just can't seem to locate a recipe in the new mini. Am I completely missing it somewhere? I ended up deleting that line in the invite and put in "Check out the new Fall products!"

There was a recipe in the Spring mini, but there isn't one in the Fall one.

Thanks for confirming! :) Just thought I'd post that earlier also to point that out, so people can edit that invite if that's what they are using....you don't want all those guests to feel like you don't know what you're talking about and be like "Hey...What recipe? I don't see a recipe...she said there was a recipe!" :D

I use one of two different invitation styles. I print them at Office Max on colored paper. If it is a theme show I'll say "30 Minute Chicken) etc, in the heading. I have found that by giving specific instructions for the website it makes things a little clearer, especially for the less techno saavy people out there.

Attachments

• catalog invite word.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 487
  • Cooking show invite.doc
    31 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
I use envelopes with mine, I just go to staples, earn my rewards with all I buy from them, lol.

I put in envelopes and use hostess name/address as return and put my info on flap.

I've never thought of putting order form inside them. I generally stick my invite and I could shrink an outside order form to put on back of my invite.

Also, link if up on CC for mini invite label.......these need Avery label style 5164

My concern doing without an envelope is: If it gets wet from rain or snow or spilled on during mailing, my ink will run, as I've got an ink jet not a laser printer.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/download_invite_sticker_form.pdf

HTH,

Lisa

I think this thread has made another convert. :) My September shows all have their stuff already - with postcards for the host to distribute. I think starting Oct I'll be going with the mini's and ME doing the distribution.Thanks for the inspiration!

I started mailing out Minicats for my Sept shows - 3 shows mailed out so far.
I printed out one of the two attached flyers on colored paper...with the CC order form on the back in case anyone wanted to order. I put my contact info sticker on the mini. Put it all in an envelope with the host's return address. I look forward to seeing the results.
BTW - the graphics in my flyer invite are outdated and I don't know how to update them - can anyone do that for me and post it?

Attachments

• KATRINAS GENERIC FLYER INVITE.doc
    411 KB · Views: 391
  • full page invite for minicat insert.doc
    43 KB · Views: 419
Carolyn,
These look like they are inserted photos, so you should be able to click on them (when little box appears around it) hit delete and that picture should disappear.

To get new ones, depends on what you want, go through your web site photos and click on and save them and put them where you want them.

That's what I do. I don't have time right now to do them, but let me know after Weds. if you want it done and what kinds of products you want on and I'll see what I can do.

Lisa

I decided to play with the various fliers posted & I think this is what I'll be using....

The *letter to the host and the *guest list worksheet (including a SASE) will go to the host, along with a planning guide, a catalog, a copy of the host special & a few extra invitations - which will be the *full page invite with the *order form on the back and a mini catalog all in a #10 envelope. :) Thanks for the inspiration, everybody!

* - if it has a star it's attached here.

Attachments

• Host Packet Letter.doc
    85 KB · Views: 581
  • Invitation Front.doc
    45 KB · Views: 432
  • Invitation Back.doc
    50 KB · Views: 317
Lisa/ChefBear said:
Carolyn,
These look like they are inserted photos, so you should be able to click on them (when little box appears around it) hit delete and that picture should disappear.

To get new ones, depends on what you want, go through your web site photos and click on and save them and put them where you want them.

That's what I do. I don't have time right now to do them, but let me know after Weds. if you want it done and what kinds of products you want on and I'll see what I can do.

Lisa

I have tried that, Lisa, but can't seem to get it to work. If you wouldn't mind playing with it and adding any newer/current products I'd be forever indebted!! <3 :love:

Hey Lisa - I am trying again and am not sure from where I can lift new pics...from the thumbnails on my PWS maybe?
Heeeeeelp!!!
:)

Okay Cheffers...
I am a techno-dork...can't do anything. Poop :p
I can't for the life of me, change the pictures of outdated products on my flyer invite I posted above in post #62
Can anyone help me?

dannyzmom said:
Okay Cheffers...
I am a techno-dork...can't do anything. Poop :p
I can't for the life of me, change the pictures of outdated products on my flyer invite I posted above in post #62
Can anyone help me?
Me too Carolyn - so I use one without pictures. :D (they get lots of pictures in the mini I send along with the flyer)

The way I put new photos in my newsletter - go to your PWS Assistant as if you're changing things on your web site. Pick the picture you would like to use from the thumbnails - click on larger - then I do a hard right click on my mouse which brings up the option to copy the photo. Once it's copied I go to my newsletter/flyer and paste it where I want it to be. Hope that helps!

Gina M said:
The way I put new photos in my newsletter - go to your PWS Assistant as if you're changing things on your web site. Pick the picture you would like to use from the thumbnails - click on larger - then I do a hard right click on my mouse which brings up the option to copy the photo. Once it's copied I go to my newsletter/flyer and paste it where I want it to be. Hope that helps!

I have tried that a million times but it won't let me insert the pics into the flyer. :(

I am thinking maybe I don't have the right program to make changes to this file? I didn't make the flyer - an old customer of mine made it for me years ago.

<h2>1. Have you used both methods?</h2><p>Yes, I have used both postcards and mini-catalogs for invitations. </p><h2>2. Do you see a difference in your attendance with one vs the other?</h2><p>It ultimately depends on the specific event and target audience. In general, I have seen a slightly higher attendance rate with mini-catalogs as they provide more detailed information and a visual representation of the products. </p><h2>3. Do you see a difference in your sales with one vs the other?</h2><p>Again, it varies depending on the event and audience. However, I have noticed that mini-catalogs tend to generate higher sales as they allow customers to browse and shop from the comfort of their own home, rather than only seeing a few products on a postcard. </p><h2>4. Is the return on investment (ROI) worth the extra cost in the catalogs, plus extra postage, plus the new label (or any label in general)?</h2><p>This ultimately depends on your budget and the expected turnout for the event. If you have a larger budget and are expecting a high turnout, investing in mini-catalogs may be worth it as they can potentially result in higher sales. However, if you have a limited budget and are unsure of the expected attendance, sticking with postcards may be a more cost-effective option. </p><h2>5. If using Minis, how many do you usually order at a time?</h2><p>I typically order a few hundred mini-catalogs at a time, depending on the size of the event and expected attendance. However, it's always a good idea to order a few extra in case of any last-minute additions or changes. </p>

1. Have you used both methods?

Yes, I have used both postcards and mini-catalogs for invitations.

2. Do you see a difference in your attendance with one vs the other?

It ultimately depends on the specific event and target audience. In general, I have seen a slightly higher attendance rate with mini-catalogs as they provide more detailed information and a visual representation of the products.

3. Do you see a difference in your sales with one vs the other?

Again, it varies depending on the event and audience. However, I have noticed that mini-catalogs tend to generate higher sales as they allow customers to browse and shop from the comfort of their own home, rather than only seeing a few products on a postcard.

4. Is the return on investment (ROI) worth the extra cost in the catalogs, plus extra postage, plus the new label (or any label in general)?

This ultimately depends on your budget and the expected turnout for the event. If you have a larger budget and are expecting a high turnout, investing in mini-catalogs may be worth it as they can potentially result in higher sales. However, if you have a limited budget and are unsure of the expected attendance, sticking with postcards may be a more cost-effective option.

5. If using Minis, how many do you usually order at a time?

I typically order a few hundred mini-catalogs at a time, depending on the size of the event and expected attendance. However, it's always a good idea to order a few extra in case of any last-minute additions or changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ksmedic
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies