• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Do Postal Rates Change and What Will Be Changing?

In summary, The price of a First-Class Mail stamp will increase 2-cents to $0.41 per stamp. The rate for the Priority Mail service flat-rate envelope will continue to be based upon the 1-pound rate, which will be $4.60. The rate for the Express Mail service flat-rate envelope will continue to be based upon the ½-pound rate, $16.25. There will be a new 1 pound rate of $19.50. The Breast Cancer Research Semipostal stamp will increase from 45-cents to 55-cents. Semipostal stamps are First-Class Mail postage stamps that are issued and sold by the Postal Service™ at a price
Kathytnt
When will the change take place?

The change will take place May 14, 2007
What will be changing?

First Class Mail®Stamp Increase.
The price of a First-Class Mail stamp will increase 2-cents to $0.41 per stamp.
Forever Stamp.

You may begin ordering the Forever stamp in booklets of 20, April 2, 2007 through The Postal Store®, or by calling 1-800-STAMP24 (1-800-782-6724). Orders will be fulfilled beginning April 12 and will be delivered via Priority Mail for a $1.00 fee per order (regardless of quantity) within five to seven business days. Beginning April, 12, the Forever stamp will be available in booklets of 20 through www.usps.com, by calling 1-800-STAMP-24 and in Post Office lobbies nationwide. You may also purchase the stamps in Post Office vending machines beginning April 14. Forever stamps will be available through Automated Postal Centers May 14. Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) will begin offering the Forever stamp in sheets of 18 later in May. Once prices change May 14, the Forever stamp will remain on sale at the 41-cent First-Class one-ounce letter price until the next price change. The Forever stamp will then be available at the new price.
Non-Denominated Flag Stamp
Also, a non-denominated Flag stamp will be available on April 12 at post offices.
Priority Mail®
The rate for the Priority Mail® service flat-rate envelope will continue to be based upon the 1-pound rate, which will be $4.60.
The rate for the Priority Mail flat-rate box will be $9.15.
Express Mail®
The rate for the Express Mail® service flat-rate envelope will continue to be based upon the ½-pound rate, $16.25.
There will be a new 1 pound rate of $19.50.
Breast Cancer Research Semipostal
The Breast Cancer Research Semipostal stamp will increase from 45-cents to 55-cents. Semipostal stamps are First-Class Mail postage stamps that are issued and sold by the Postal Service™ at a price above the First-Class Mail single-piece first-ounce rate to raise funds for designated causes. Since 1998, the Postal Service has raised more than $53 million for breast cancer research through the sale of this semipostal stamp.
Pricing Incentive for Business Mailers.
USPS has unveiled new pricing incentives that would benefit both business customers and the Postal Service. The new plan would combine the weight with the shape to allow the Postal Service to align prices with processing costs.
For example, if the contents of a First-Class Mail flat can be folded and placed in a letter-sized envelope, the mailer can reduce the postage by as much as 20 cents per piece. If a First-Class parcel can be configured as a flat, the mailer will save 36 cents.
Additional Ounce Rate.
As the Postal Service emphasizes shape in its pricing, it will also reduce the additional ounce rate. As mail pieces become heavier, the proposed price increase declines. For letters over one ounce, the new prices are actually lower than today's prices, decreasing $0.07 to $0.17 each.
Extra Services
All domestic insured items will have a barcode. Insurance $200 and under will use Form 3813 and will receive a scan at delivery. Insurance over $200 will use Form 3813-P and will receive a signature and a scan at delivery. Customers will still need to purchase Delivery Confirmation™ or Signature Confirmation™ to receive delivery status information on their insured items. Fees for insurance coverage have changed as follows:
$0.01 to $50 will increase to $1.65
$50.01 to $100 will decrease to $2.05
$100.01 to $200 will decrease to $2.45
$200.01 to $300 will increase to $4.60
The cost per additional $100 of insurance will decrease to $0.90.
Customers who purchase domestic insurance online through Click-N-Ship® or eBay will now be able to initiate their claims online at usps.com®.
The fee for Return Receipt Electronic has decreased to $0.85.
Can $0.39 postage stamps be exchanged for the new $0.41 stamps?

No. Unless mistakes were made when originally purchased, or stamps were defective when purchased, adhesive stamps are not exchangeable or refundable. 1 cent and 2 cent stamps can be used to make up the difference.

Thank you for that very useful info!!

I am bummed though, I never really thought about the Flat Rate service going up. I use that all the time!!:(

You can buy the "forever Stamps" their good for indefinly even if the rates go up again in a year!!!

Thanks for the info! I guess I need to get on the ball and buy some forever stamps!

I was concerned because I asn't sure when this rate change startd

so can you buy the forever stamps now at the current .39 rate?

I'm pretty sure the forever stamps started at the 41 cent rate

According to my understanding the Forever stamps can be purchased at 39 cents until May 14th then they will cost 41 cents.

Kathytnt said:
According to my understanding the Forever stamps can be purchased at 39 cents until May 14th then they will cost 41 cents.

I just tried to buy some the other day - they were 41 cents....I bought enough 39 centers to get me thru until the 14th!

ok , at the risk of sounding dumb, what are forever stamps? Before PC I havn't "mailed" something in ages except greeting cards (I use the internet for everything). I didn't even know the cost of a stamp :p The last packet for a catalog host caost me about $4 to mail, is that average or is there a less expensive way of shipping them. I really like going over the host packet in person to do the coaching, but that is not always an option.

I usually mail my host packets in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope. Or ideally, I book my shows from a show and give them the host packet right there in person.

But I mail single catalogs, receipts, etc in 9x12 manila envelopes and that price is going to SKYROCKET!!!

I encourage you all to read the postage increase info CLOSELY as this is going to impact your expenses in a major way.

The forever stamp helps you save a little money. If you purchase the stamp now it is good forever - It is a hedge against future price increases

I couldn't see this in the info above, but the postcard stamps are going from 24 cents to 26 cents.

My local postmaster told me today that the flat rate box will be $8.95. There was a lot of back and forth between the postal people and others about this. The postal people wanted $8.95. The others (I can't remember who she told me it was) wanted $9.15. Finally, $8.95 won. Since I send a lot of things to my baby boy in Texas stuff via flat rate boxes, I'm glad the lower amount will stand, at least for now.

I can't believe the flat rate envelope is going up so much!

When I started PC 3.5 years ago it was $3.85!! Then it went to $4.05 about a year ago, and now to $4.60! I try not to send my host packets out this way, but I do think they get there quickly and they aren't all messed up since those envelopes really protect them. Perhaps I need to look into a different way to mail these! (I do try to give them out personally whenever I can!)

1. When do postal rates typically change?

Postal rates typically change every year, usually in January. However, there have been instances where rates changed mid-year due to economic factors or changes in postal regulations.

2. Will all postal rates be increasing?

No, not all postal rates will necessarily increase. The United States Postal Service (USPS) has different rates for different types of mail, such as letters, packages, and postcards. Some rates may stay the same or even decrease, while others may increase.

3. How much can we expect postal rates to change?

The amount of change in postal rates varies from year to year. In general, the USPS aims to keep price increases in line with the rate of inflation. However, other factors such as fuel costs and operational expenses may also influence the rate changes.

4. What will be changing specifically in the upcoming rate change?

The USPS has announced that, for 2021, the price of a first-class stamp will increase by one cent, from $0.55 to $0.56. In addition, there will be increases in other postage categories, such as Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and international mail rates.

5. How can I stay updated on postal rate changes?

The USPS typically announces rate changes a few months before they go into effect. You can stay updated by regularly checking the USPS website or signing up for email notifications. Additionally, your local post office or mailing service provider may also have information on rate changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ddcook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • hoosierchef