• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How much does it cost to mail a host packet?

In summary, the price to mail a host packet has gone up and it is now almost $5.00. The person suggests printing out the priority label online and paying for postage that way. It costs $4.90 to mail a packet with 1 catalog, outside order forms, and instructional letter. If you are mailing less, it might be cheaper to drive the host to the house or to send 2 catalogs.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I just about died when I looked at the price to mail a host packet! Is it really almost $5.00 to mail one???

I remember when it was $2.00. I knew it probably went up a little but not that much.

What are you putting in it?? You know you can stuff a Priority Mail envelope and print a label online for $4.90.....and that is for 3 catalogs, mini's and paperwork. I send host packets for $2.60 with address forms, 1 catalog and instructional letter.

Mail just went up. Priority flat rate is now 5.15. I tried a March pkt. going regular mail and it was 5.30. If you are getting it cheaper, please share how you are doing so.

I sent out a packet this week that had 2 catalogs, 5 order forms, host and guest specials and one other piece of paper and it was around $3.50...maybe the person at the post office didn't charge me right???

If you print the priority lable online and pre pay it is still $4.90

Do you need special labels or printing programs to print your own?

Gosh darn, I have 4 packets I need to mail out. Didn't realize it would be $20 to mail them out.

Feb and Aug are the two months of the year I end up mailing the most b/c of having to wait for supplies - otherwise, I learned my lesson the hard way with the postage adding up. I ALWAYS have more than enough host packets with me at a show. If the show doesn't hold, no biggie. It cost me only a fraction for the packet than it would to mail it. :)

Melissa78 said:
Do you need special labels or printing programs to print your own?

No special program or paper needed. It's called click n ship. You just print it on regular paper and you get all the possible ways to ship - you just pick what works for you. Parcel Post postage has to be purchased at the PO but all priority choices are there. You save when you do it all on line and it includes delivery confirmation as well. You need the weight of the item and if you are doing a flat rate envelope you can fit 3-4 catalogs, outside order forms and flyers, a pack of mini's (invitations) for $4.90 including delivery confirmation.

I often give out the catalogs when I book the show (if I run out of packets) and then mail the rest for about $2.

Think about hosts. We ask them to mail out 40. If they do that its almost $20 if they send the mini. :yuck: If we mail them, that comes out of our pocket. Then if ingreds are around $15, that's $35 to do a party! Mail is killing us!! :cry:

Sandi

Unfortunately, all 4 of these parties were either from outside order customers, a friend who just decided to have one and we didn't have March catalogs yet

I can't believe I am saying this but it might be cheaper to drive them to the houses!! A couple of them live 20 minutes away...

I meet them for coffee. Cheaper and I know I have their full attention. ;)

Sandi

It is cheaper to send 2 catalogs vs 3! I started sending only 2 catalogs for catalog hosts because of this. I'm seriously considering doing less for my regular hosts if I have ot mail the packet.

I was going to be put 3 but glad I settled for 2...

Don't forget to keep up with what you spend on postage and you can use it as a business expense at tax time. Always keep your receipts to go with your return in case of audit.

I do. I realize all of this is tax deductible but sometimes some of these expenses don't fit into my budget now. Sometimes I need to put gas in my car and buy food for my family before I pay for the other. I am doing all sorts of things in order to not have to worry about some of these expenses now but until then....

What is the cost of postage to mail host packets?

The cost of postage to mail host packets varies depending on the weight of the packets and the destination. It is best to check with your local post office or use an online postage calculator to determine the exact cost.

What is the maximum weight limit for host packets?

The maximum weight limit for host packets is typically 13 ounces for domestic mail and 4 pounds for international mail. However, it is always best to check with your local post office for any specific weight restrictions.

What is the best way to package host packets for mailing?

The best way to package host packets for mailing is to use a sturdy envelope or small box. Make sure to securely seal the package and include enough padding to protect the contents during transit.

Do I need to include a return address on host packets?

Yes, it is important to include a return address on host packets in case the package cannot be delivered or needs to be returned to the sender for any reason. This will also ensure that the package can be returned to you if the recipient is unable to receive it.

How long does it take for host packets to be delivered?

The delivery time for host packets varies depending on the destination and the shipping method chosen. Domestic mail typically takes 2-5 business days, while international mail can take 6-10 business days. It is best to check with your local post office for more specific delivery times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefpelkey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • rbergwrightchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Pampered Laura