• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Postage Increasing May 12, 2008

In summary, on May 12, 2008, the United States Postal Service (USPS) announced a postage increase to cover rising costs of transportation and operations. The increase will vary depending on the type of mail and weight, with the first-class letter rate increasing by 2 cents. The shape and size requirements for mail will remain the same, but oversized or non-machinable envelopes may be subject to additional fees. Unused stamps with the old rate can still be used, but additional 2-cent stamps can also be purchased to make up for the difference. The international postage rates will also increase on this date, with the exact increase depending on the destination and weight of the mail.
redsoxgirl
I saw someone mention this in another thread, but I thought it could use a thread of it's own.

http://www.usps.com/prices/welcome.htm

Make sure to go out and buy some http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=18406&productId=29351&langId=-1 to save yourself some cash. I know it's only 1 cent per stamp, but that stuff adds up after a while!

That *ucks!!! :yuck: :cry: :yuck: :grumpy: :mad:
It costs an arm & a leg to mail ANYTHING now a days!!

May 12 is my wedding anniversary! It sucks that it has to be associated with a price increase that will affect me! :grumpy: :grumpy: :thumbdown: :mad: :cry: :(
I wish they'd stop raising prices..... it is getting so freakin old!:thumbdown: :mad: :grumpy:

There was legislation passed recently that allows the PO to raise postage in May each year by the inflation rate, as long as they give 45 days notice.

chefann said:
There was legislation passed recently that allows the PO to raise postage in May each year by the inflation rate, as long as they give 45 days notice.

Stock up on those 41 cent Forever Stamps then!

redsoxgirl said:

Make sure to go out and buy some http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=18406&productId=29351&langId=-1 to save yourself some cash. I know it's only 1 cent per stamp, but that stuff adds up after a while!

OK - I am stupid - WHY???

The forever stamps are good at the current postage rate...no matter how high postage goes. I personally don't have enough extra cash to stock up enough to make a difference!!:D :D No money...no stamps!:cry:

What is the reason for the postage increase on May 12, 2008?

The United States Postal Service (USPS) announced the postage increase to cover rising costs of transportation and operations.

How much will the postage rates increase?

The increase will vary depending on the type of mail and weight. For example, the first-class letter rate will increase by 2 cents, from 41 cents to 43 cents.

Will there be any changes to the shape or size requirements for mail?

No, the shape and size requirements for mail will remain the same. However, oversized or non-machinable envelopes may be subject to additional fees.

Do I need to purchase new postage stamps for the increased rates?

No, any unused stamps with the old rate can still be used after May 12, 2008. You can also purchase additional 2-cent stamps to make up for the difference.

Will this increase affect international postage rates?

Yes, the international postage rates will also increase on May 12, 2008. The exact increase will vary depending on the destination and weight of the mail.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pattikake
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Kathytnt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies