• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Postage Increase: USPS Rates Rising on May 11

In summary, the USPS is increasing their postage rates on Monday, May 11. What now costs me $4.95 to mail a host packet will be $5.+
pkd09
Silver Member
Just a reminder: The USPS will be increasing their postage rates on Monday, May 11. What now costs me $4.95 to mail a host packet will be $5.+?

UGG:cry:

pkd09 said:
Just a reminder: The USPS will be increasing their postage rates on Monday, May 11. What now costs me $4.95 to mail a host packet will be $5.+?

Good reminder! It is almost getting to the point it is to expensive to mail anything these days!

USPS needs some competition!

Priority and express are not changing.

There is a nice little chart at my PO. There is prob one online too.

Here is the link:

http://www.usps.com/prices/pricechanges.htm

On May 11 the price for a 1-ounce First-Class Mail stamp will increase from 42¢ to 44¢. Prices for other mailing services — Standard Mail, Periodicals, Package Services (including Parcel Post), and Extra Services — will also change. The average increase by class of mail is at or below the rate of inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index.

See Complete Price List (PDF)

Customers can use their Forever Stamps — regardless of when purchased — to mail 1-ounce letters after the price change, without the need for additional postage. Forever Stamps are widely available through Post Offices, commercial retail outlets such as grocery stores, and online.

Prices for mailing services will continue to adjust each May. Prices for most shipping services, including Express Mail and Priority Mail, were adjusted in January and will not change in May.

So what should I do with all the postcard stamps I have? Will they have a small stamp amount that I can get to cover the difference?And don't forget, that it's actually 10 cents cheaper to print off your flat rate Priority mail envelopes from the USPS website--plus it even gives you free email delivery confirmation.

You will be able to get 1cent stamps to add to your post cards (such a pain!!!!)

I wish they'd pass the costs along to the Junk/Bulk mail users! Stop punishing the average person. All it does is drive more people to use E-mail and online bill pay- which is why they are losing revenue in the first place.Thanks for the reminder.

I went to our PO today and got the last 3 books of Forever stamps!!
Wish I thought of it earlier!!!

Don't get me started about postcard stamps. I can't buy them here without going into the postoffice. Or spend an extra dollar to have them mail them to me. I needed some the other day, and couldn't buy them because the post office was closed and they don't sell them in the lobby machine anymore!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Don't get me started about postcard stamps. I can't buy them here without going into the postoffice. Or spend an extra dollar to have them mail them to me. I needed some the other day, and couldn't buy them because the post office was closed and they don't sell them in the lobby machine anymore!

Our PO took out their machines and now have the automated postal centers. No postcards stamps there either!

Thanks Holly. I almost forgot about the price change.

BlessedWifeMommy said:

My small town doesn't even have a lobby machine!! We have to actually talk to someone.. Which is a pain since the hours vary!!

I stocked up on my Forever Stamps!

wadesgirl said:
Our PO took out their machines and now have the automated postal centers. No postcards stamps there either!

Same Here! So frustrating. I hope the new postcards stamps are as cute as this past years though. I LOVED the fruit theme.:love:

Me too!!! :thumbup:

Way better than the cougar :yuck:

pkd09 said:

If you use Click n Ship online you can mail your priority package for 15 cents less- $4.80. It's really easy to do and saves you a trip to the Post Office. If the label is printed with the scan bar it can be dropped in a mail box, rather than given to an actual mailperson.

etteluap70PC said:
Me too!!! :thumbup:

Way better than the cougar :yuck:

It's the little things, Paulette. :D

AlowayFamily said:
If you use Click n Ship online you can mail your priority package for 15 cents less- $4.80. It's really easy to do and saves you a trip to the Post Office. If the label is printed with the scan bar it can be dropped in a mail box, rather than given to an actual mailperson.

yes that is handy but being on dial up it takes me like 20 minutes!!!

I drive by the PO at least once a day so I just go in.

Isn't it silly Becky... I was in heaven when I saw those fruit postcard stamps! I thought Ohhh a food theme How lucky!!!

etteluap70PC said:
yes that is handy but being on dial up it takes me like 20 minutes!!!

I drive by the PO at least once a day so I just go in.

Isn't it silly Becky... I was in heaven when I saw those fruit postcard stamps! I thought Ohhh a food theme How lucky!!!

LOL - that way my thought exactly...I think I may have even come to CS to post about my excitement over them!

I bought 200 Forever stamps at Costco. They are cheaper there, too!

Okay so here is the new postcard stamp ($.28 by the way). Polar Bear http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=11828&productId=44601&langId=-1&WT.ac=44601

I know the increases are frustrating. I hate paying more, too. But, think about it. For only $0.44 i can send a letter to anywhere in the contiguous United States and be fairly certain that it will arrive within a week. That's amazing.And, remember, the USPS does have competition. It's email, faxes, FedEx, UPS, etc. Your local post office can provide you with materials to make figuring out your postage easier. They have templates that make it easy to determine whether or not you can use standard postage rates. USPS.com is amazing. I send most of my host kits and returns via the website, as well as the goodie boxes I send to my baby boy. Of course, I'm blessed to have the best Postmaster in the United States just 3 1/2 miles down the road in Mexico. She's helpful and friendly.

I just went to usps.com the Simpsons are on the new stamp?:yuck: I'm not impressed.

Oh man I love the Simpsons !!

Jess_K said:
I just went to usps.com the Simpsons are on the new stamp?:yuck: I'm not impressed.

I'm glad they have forever stamps! :)

simpsons...as in that nasty cartoon? That will look so nice on my Christian cards I send out. Yuck! I am glad there will be different ones to choose from.

Shawnna said:
simpsons...as in that nasty cartoon? That will look so nice on my Christian cards I send out. Yuck! I am glad there will be different ones to choose from.

I agree! No way will I stick a Simpsons stamp on any of my mail. People who know me would think I had lost my mind. LOL

What is the reason for the recent postage increase?

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has increased postage rates due to rising operating costs and declining mail volume.

How much is the postage increase?

The postage increase varies depending on the type of mail being sent. For example, the cost of a First-Class stamp has increased by 3 cents, while the cost of sending a postcard has increased by 2 cents.

When did the postage increase go into effect?

The postage increase went into effect on January 24, 2021.

Will this increase affect international shipping?

Yes, the postage increase will also affect international shipping rates. The USPS has implemented a 2.5% increase on international shipping services.

Are there any options to save on postage costs?

Yes, there are several ways to save on postage costs. One option is to use online tools, such as the USPS postage calculator, to determine the most cost-effective shipping method for your package. Another option is to take advantage of bulk mailing discounts for businesses sending out large quantities of mail.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • susanr613
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • esavvymom