• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Postage Rates Rising: First Class to Increase to $.46 in January

In summary, the First Class price for stamps will increase by .46 cents in January. This will impact those who mail out invitations as well as regular mail. Those who are not able to afford this increase may want to consider phone-vites instead.
pkd09
Silver Member
First class will raise to $.46 in January :yuck:

Oh my gosh, they are just forcing more and more people to find alternatives to using mail. I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to mail out invitations any more. Think I'll be trying out the phone-vite thing.

What idiots..... They will never learn until after they have put themselves out of business.

just like any business....keep your prices reasonable & you'll have plenty of business!

The govenrment needs to get OUT of business! They cannot run a profitable business. Make it a private business that will either sink or swim. Either they'll figure out a way to swim or not. Tired of my tax dollars supporting so many wasteful ventures (even ones with good intentions)

I have no problem spending $.46 for a stamp that will take my piece of mail from my home and send it ANYWHERE, nationwide within a week. Yes, I understand it is an additional cost, but it is ONE penny more/stamp. You can also spend less/invitation and just use the post cards. I personally don't think the cost is that unreasonable.

If it's just a penny, you're right...it doesn't seem that bad. Considering the cost of gas has gone up so much lately. I just hate how they keep creeping up the price. Every little thing gradually costs more and more, and that means I can afford less and less.If we had good postcards, I might be tempted to use them. But I hate when they put a specific recipe picture on them or a theme show, because my show might not be that and I just don't like sending out something if we are doing something different. I know, that's probably silly, but it's a little thing that I don't like. I love the mini catalog. But to pay for them, envelopes, labels, postage, it just adds up. I still like to do it because I find I get less cancellations if I use them, but it cuts into my profits so much, I'm thinking I need to host coach better and just do things a little differently.

Stock up on Forever stamps!

babywings76 said:
Oh my gosh, they are just forcing more and more people to find alternatives to using mail. I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to mail out invitations any more. Think I'll be trying out the phone-vite thing.

Do you pay for the postage! I mail invitations or do evites for my hosts but never pay for postage! That would be way to much cost for me over a years time!!

chezshelly said:
Do you pay for the postage! I mail invitations or do evites for my hosts but never pay for postage! That would be way to much cost for me over a years time!!

I just can't bring myself to ask a host to reimburse me.

I have no problem spending $.46 for a stamp that will take my piece of mail from my home and send it ANYWHERE, nationwide within a week. Yes, I understand it is an additional cost, but it is ONE penny more/stamp. You can also spend less/invitation and just use the post cards. I personally don't think the cost is that unreasonable.

Yes...it is just ONE Cent, now. But what was it last time? One Cent, and before that, One cent. Point is, it happens about every year or two. I think when I started the biz, it was not even 40cents yet.

Basically, each ONE cent increase equals one more nail in their coffin.

babywings76 said:
If we had good postcards, I might be tempted to use them. But I hate when they put a specific recipe picture on them or a theme show, because my show might not be that and I just don't like sending out something if we are doing something different. I know, that's probably silly, but it's a little thing that I don't like. I love the mini catalog. But to pay for them, envelopes, labels, postage, it just adds up. I still like to do it because I find I get less cancellations if I use them, but it cuts into my profits so much, I'm thinking I need to host coach better and just do things a little differently.

As far as the postcards, email the suggestion to HO to make them attractive and more generic! I don't like them either.

If the Post Office is privatized it will cost a lot more than .46 cents to mail a letter. FedEx and UPS raise their prices everytime gas goes up. They call it a surcharge. The Post Office can't charge a surcharge to cover the rising cost of gas. Tax dollars do not support the Post Office and hasn't for some time. I will continue to use the post office because I like the personal touch of sending out invitations.

chezshelly said:

I wouldn't be opposed to asking my hosts to reimburse postage, I just haven't found a tactful way to suggest it. How do you do it?

I've never started sending out invites for hosts and hope not to. That way I never have to ask for reimbursement. My hosts expect to do this themselves.

chefsteph07 said:
I wouldn't be opposed to asking my hosts to reimburse postage, I just haven't found a tactful way to suggest it. How do you do it?

When I explain hosting a show at every party I tell them all it will cost them is the recipe ingredients and the postage. They know up front. Any other party you do for any other direct selling company you have to pay for postage. People are never surprised and I've never had anyone complain. They have the option of evites or snail mail, I will do both. But doing about 100 shows a year, it would cost me a fortune to pay all that postage!!

1. What is the new postage rate for sending packages with Pampered Chef?

The new postage rate for sending packages with Pampered Chef is based on the weight and size of the package, as well as the destination. It can range from $3.80 for a small package within the US to over $50 for a large package being sent internationally.

2. When will the new postage rate go into effect?

The new postage rate for packages with Pampered Chef will go into effect on January 26th, 2020. This is the date set by the United States Postal Service for their annual rate increase.

3. Will there be any changes to the way Pampered Chef handles postage?

There will not be any changes to the way Pampered Chef handles postage. We will continue to provide the best rates possible and will adjust our shipping costs accordingly to reflect the new postage rate.

4. Is there any way to avoid the increase in postage rates?

Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid the increase in postage rates. This is a nationwide change set by the United States Postal Service and all businesses will be affected by it.

5. Can I still use my current postage stamps after the increase goes into effect?

Yes, you can still use your current postage stamps after the increase goes into effect. The value of your stamps does not decrease with the increase in postage rates, so they can still be used to send packages with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pkd09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
monsen0727
  • ddcook