• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Postage Rates Increasing on January 8th - Happy New Year from the Post Office!

In summary, the postal service is raising rates on 1 ounce mail, priority flat rate, and postcards. The increase on postage will go into effect on Sunday, January 8th.
DebPC
Staff member
Hi All,
The 1 ounce mail is going up 2 cent to 39 cents. The postcard and extra ounce are going up 1 cent to 24 cents and the priority flate rate(for host packets) is going up to $4.05. Happy New Year from the Post Office!

Blame it on Congress!I was just reading about the postal increase on the USPS website (I had NO idea postage was going up...what rock have I been under?). Congress ordered them to develop a fund for as yet undisclosed purposes, so they had to raise rates. Rates would not have gone up except for this. What shall the fund be for, I wonder?

Robin

It figures...I recently needed to buy a few postcard stamps. The clerk really pushed the idea of buying a role of them for the convenience (I had my baby on my hip at the time...lol). My exact questions was "You're not going to raise rates any time soon, are you?" and the response was "No"...so I bought the role. They were probably trying to get rid of all of those old rolls! :eek:

When does this take effect? I have a half roll of postcard stamps that I need to go through. Ugh!

It takes effect 1-8-06 basically Sunday. Saturday is our last day to use those old stamps. What sucks for me, is I went to the local post office to buy a 100 stamps and all they had were the .39 stamps, and the price increase was 2 weeks away. I had to buy the more expensive stamps, they would not print on my envelopes, I was furious. She said I could drive to town and go from store to store to see who had some. I drive a big truck, it would of cost me more in gas to go and find stamps vs. buying the .39 stamps. Oh well! Happy new year! :(

That really stinks! I guess I better send some postcards out! Oh well, maybe it will generate some sales for me! :)

It's not THAT big a deal if you have old stamps. I counted up how many of each I have and bought .01 stamps (for postcards) and .02 stamps (for letters) to use with them.

1. What does "Postage Going up 1/8" mean?

The United States Postal Service (USPS) periodically increases the cost of postage stamps, and the phrase "Postage Going up 1/8" simply means that the price of a stamp is increasing by one eighth of a cent. This is a small but frequent increase that helps cover the rising costs of delivering mail.

2. When will the postage go up 1/8?

The USPS typically announces postage rate increases in late November or early December, and the increase usually goes into effect in January of the following year. So, if you see the phrase "Postage Going up 1/8," it means that the postage rate will be increasing in January.

3. How much will the postage increase by?

The postage rate increase is typically one eighth of a cent, as indicated by the phrase "Postage Going up 1/8." This may not seem like a significant amount, but it adds up for the USPS and helps cover the costs of delivering mail.

4. Will all stamps cost more after the postage goes up 1/8?

Yes, all stamps and postage rates will increase after the "Postage Going up 1/8" announcement. This includes first-class stamps, postcards, and other mailing services. The USPS will provide a detailed breakdown of the new rates on their website.

5. How can I prepare for the postage increase?

If you are a regular user of postage stamps, you can purchase stamps before the increase goes into effect to save money. You can also consider using alternative methods of mailing, such as online postage or bulk mailing, to save on costs. Additionally, staying informed about USPS rate changes can help you plan and budget accordingly for your mailing needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pattikake
  • kam