• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Start Slow and Work Up to Hosting Pampered Chef Shows as a New Mom?

In summary, as a new mom, you can start slow and work your way up to hosting Pampered Chef shows. The company understands your limited time and allows you to set your own schedule and choose the number of shows you want to do each month. They also provide resources and support to help you find shows and overcome any intimidation. Even without a large network, you can still be successful by utilizing training, marketing materials, and reaching out to your local community and social media. Balancing being a new mom and running your business is supported by the company, and they offer tips and resources for effective time management. The commitment required varies depending on personal goals and can be gradually increased, with necessary training and support provided by the team.
kailyon
Silver Member
Hello all, I joined here to do a little research on maybe becoming a Pampered Chef rep. I would really like to start, however I am very intimidated by having to find shows to do. I am a new mom and don't have a network of people to tap to start off, so I am wondering if I can start slow and then work up to shows as I get the word out about what I am doing.
This decision is a big one for me as I will be committing myself to it in lieu of going back to work. Wow, where to begin!

Kimberly

Kimberly - do you have a recruiter you are working with? Anyone who has helped answer any of your questions?

Hello Kimberly,

I am close to you~I think :). There are so many ways you can make contacts. Of course your first few shows would be hosted by friends and family. If you plan on participating in any mommy groups this would be a GREAT start. When you are in the baby aisle...it is a great idea to make conversation with other moms and bring in the you love staying home with your baby and bring Pampered Chef up. It is a wonderful time to be a Consultant because of the 50% rebate. Everyone HAS to eat so we have a wonderful service that we offer. Whether you like to cook or not....PC is the fun way to do it!

Many times, the first show a consultant does is their own show. They host a party in their home, with the emphasis being on gaining bookings from that party.

There are many ways/opportunities to become more comfortable with doing a party. There is online training, area cluster meetings, one on one training, audio training....PC won't leave you out in the dark alone!

Are you in Louisiana ??? I am in Southern Louisiana, Terrebonne Parish, please feel free to email or PM me, Christine.....I just finished my 1st 90 days, but over 10 years as a customer

My director is in TX - just over from Shreveport. If you are in that area and still need a contact, let me know. She's great.But to answer your questions, yes, you probably could. If you can get 4-5 shows to start yourself off, chances are you can take it from there with the new people you'd meet. Booths are a good way also (spring is coming- so be on the lookout- check the Booth threads for ideas on how to get them).Just start letting everyone you know what you are doing. It can take some time to build up a good contact list when you have very little. Start out small with what you have:Some ideas to generate names....try to think of 3-5 names for each letter of F.R.A.N.K below:
F- Friends
R- Relatives (even long-distance can do some cattyshows to get you floated along)
A- Associates or Acquaintances
N- Neighbors
K- Kids - contacts you know through them (teachers, daycare, other parents, playgroups,e tc). _ if you aren't IN a playgroup- find one! (MOPs, Gymboree, etc)Then let them know you are starting your own business with the Pampered Chef and are looking for some help. Ask them if they'd be interested in getting Free Product, while helping you get your new business started.Good luck! There's lots of great information here. And the information from Pampered Chef is fantastic too (you don't have to reinvent the wheel...at least not until your comfortable doing so. ;))

Last edited:
I guess this shows my skewed perspective, I'm thinking Los Angeles! :D

But yes, there is lots of help on here, and the recruiter and/or director you're working with should be able to help you with any of your concerns.

Great idea to research before jumping in. I think the key is the prep work. Start telling everyone that you're going to start your own business, and that you'd like to get qualified asap. Your friends and family, if they live in a different area, can still help you by hosting an online catalog show. You can schedule your own kick off show, as mentioned above, and invite your neighbors and people from any groups you belong to...you can have a Mystery Host show and raffle off the host rewards. There are so many ways for you to get the word out, and Biz is literally everywhere! I suggest you have at least your 1st 4 shows booked before officially signing. Work as if you have already become a consultant, so that the groundwork is done.

Feel free to email me if you'd like....
[email protected]

Thanks so much for all the responses, I'm greatly encouraged by the sense of community you all seem to share. I don't have anyone I am working with but it seems that there are lots of helpful people here so I'm not worried about getting help or info. Most of my questions at this point are geared towards defining terminology and the rules that surround the terms (i.e. catalog shows, bookings, coaching etc...) I would imagine those things are in the aggreement when I sign up, but most of it is fairly intuitive so I'm getting a great idea of how things work without being well versed.

Hehe, sorry I guess I should have specified, LA as in Louisiana and the area is near Lafayette!

kailyon said:
Thanks so much for all the responses, I'm greatly encouraged by the sense of community you all seem to share. I don't have anyone I am working with but it seems that there are lots of helpful people here so I'm not worried about getting help or info. Most of my questions at this point are geared towards defining terminology and the rules that surround the terms (i.e. catalog shows, bookings, coaching etc...) I would imagine those things are in the aggreement when I sign up, but most of it is fairly intuitive so I'm getting a great idea of how things work without being well versed.

Hehe, sorry I guess I should have specified, LA as in Louisiana and the area is near Lafayette!

I sent you PM.

kailyon said:

I live near Lafayette..I would be happy to help you and answer any questions you may have...email me at [email protected]

So I guess I need someone to contact me so I can get started ordering my kit...I have questions and need to know what I need to do next. Do I post my info? I know there is a referral link on the PC website, but what are the chances I will get someone that is active here if I go that route?

Going through PC's website will hook you up with whatever TL or above is next in line for getting "leads" who is in your area. So if you want someone on here, you'll want to let her know directly. My director is Gilmer Tx- but that's 4+ hrs from you...she's great though and is very patient and doesn't push us to do more than what we want. If you'd like me to have her call you or me, I'll GLADLY do that. My director will be back late tonight from Spring Launch and could call you probably Wednesday. You can email me at [email protected] or send me a Private Message through here (click on my name) with your contact details. Good luck!!

hi, I am new myself to pampered chef selling, but I knew alot going in, as I had purchased products and held parties for the 10 years prior to me becoming a consultant and I sold for almost $5,000 in my 1st 90 days.....I feel though I have a lot to offer someone, I would be happy to help you.....we live a couple of hours away from each other, but I think we could do this together, please pm or contact me through my website at: /ccarrier (you will see my phone # there)
P.S. I am from Schriever, between Houma & Thibodaux, Terrebonne Parish

Last edited by a moderator:
Christine...you may want to edit your website link to just put /ccarrier ...she will have to fill in the rest - or separate it somehow. You can't link it directly- even on here.

thanks essavy..... www. pamperedchef.biz /ccarrier

What Bobbi means is you need to remove your website from your original post, you cannot post it like that. As for your 2nd post, you cannot post that either. The only way to post our website is to put /yourwebsitename.

1. Can I start slow and work up to hosting Pampered Chef shows as a new mom?

Yes, absolutely! As a new mom, we understand that your time may be limited, so it's completely okay to start slow and gradually work your way up to hosting shows. You can set your own schedule and choose how many shows you want to do each month.

2. I am intimidated by having to find shows to do. How can I overcome this?

Don't worry, we provide plenty of resources and support to help you find shows to do. Our team will provide you with training on how to reach out to potential hosts, and we also have a variety of marketing materials that you can use to promote your business and find new hosts.

3. I am a new mom and don't have a network of people to tap into. Can I still be successful?

Yes, you can still be successful even if you don't have a large network of people to tap into. Many of our successful consultants started with a small network and grew their business through word of mouth and networking. You can also reach out to your local community, join mom groups, and utilize social media to expand your network.

4. How can I balance being a new mom and running my Pampered Chef business?

We understand that being a new mom is a full-time job, and we want to support you in finding a balance between being a mom and running your business. You can set your own schedule and choose when to host shows, and we also have resources and tips for managing your time effectively.

5. What kind of commitment is required to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The commitment varies depending on your personal goals and how much time you want to dedicate to your business. You can start slow and gradually increase your commitment as you see fit. Our team will provide you with all the necessary training and support to help you succeed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christina Wood
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sally Vigil
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Stephanie P.