• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating a Potential New Consultant: Tips for Recruiting Success

In summary, my anxiety is affecting my business. One of the guests at my last show approached me about being interested in being a consultant! My jaw pretty much hit the floor. I do not yet ask or push for recruits. I am still having trouble getting bookings from a show! However, I told her all about it and she said that she'd like to wait until the fall before joining. She has a busy summer schedule, and I respect that. I told my Director about this possible recruit, and my Director is pushing me to get her to join right now, to get her to sign up
Stephanie S
I'm a little anxious. One of the guests at my last show approached me about being interested in being a consultant! My jaw pretty much hit the floor. I do not yet ask or push for recruits. I am still having trouble getting bookings from a show!

Anyways, I told her all about it and she said that she'd like to wait until the fall before joining. She has a busy summer schedule, and I respect that. I told my Director about this possible recruit, and my Director is pushing me to get her to join right now, to get her to sign up for conference etc!. My better judgment tells me to respect the possible recruit's wishes and allow her to sign up in the fall. I don't want to push her, but I also don't want to lose her. Any suggestions?

You may want to tell her that there is a great incentive for signing in July and you didn't want her to miss out. Also she can sign up and make August or sept her first month and give her the time to line up the shows. You always want to let everyone know about the specials, you wouldn't be doing your business if you didn't tell her. She could mention to her friends and get her business off to a great start in the fall. :) Good Luck.

You don't want to scare her awaybut you do need to keep in the front of her mind. If she isn't ready to commit, perhaps joining you as a guest at conference for Saturday would be alright with her. I noticed you are from Unionville, she wouldn't need to stay over as it is so close, because you are so close, she would have a great opportunity to see everything that PC has to offer her.

If she is really swamped before the fall, I always consider seasons to start a little early... Keep in touch regularly (new conference & season products, recipes etc), and encourage her to "date" her starting date. I would consider August to be the start of fall, Feb/Mar for "spring" recruits, May/June for "summer" recruits and Oct/Nov for winter recruits. I also use this guideline when people say "call me to book a show in the fall. This way I catch them in the early part of any season, even if they put it off for a couple of weeks or a month...

I would help her select a start date: Aug 15 for example. One open house (at her home), two catalogue shows (from far away friends or family) and one kitchen show that week. She has lots of time to prepare,get on the phone & learn recipes. It is already July, so it will be here before she knows it. I recommend 2 shows a week for 1 month, by then she'll be qualified, earned SS1 & 2 perhaps #3 , have a couple of more bookings and will have more of an idea what she sants to put into & get out of her business.

There are lots of reasons that directors push to recruit before conference, including incentives & recognition, but you need to be the best consultant you can be for this recruit, if that means waiting until she's ready to sign on the dotted line, then you still have to do some superb recruit coaching until Aug or Sept. :)

Esther

Ester, you say it so devine. Good detail and right on the money. Always keep in touch, you never no when the right time is and you don't want to lose a posible recruit. :)

Meet other Consultants!It may be different over here because PC is so new, but I took an interested lady to a cluster meeting to get together with other recruits. She signed up after that! She said she looked around the room and saw lots of ordinary women making a success of it and thought "if they can do it, so can I". Speaking for myself as someone who has only been with PC for 6 months, I wouldn't have joined until I was ready, but there was a great offer on the month I signed which prompted me to do it. If my director hadn't have told me about it I could still be thinking about it now - tell her about why she should join now, but then leave it up to her - you don't want to push her - but make sure you keep in touch every couple of weeks!!! Good Luck!

I think Super Starters are the best advertisements for the business! I didn't focus on recruiting at the beginning either, but looking back I really wish I did! Try to make it a point to at least mention a recruiting line two or three times during your show. When you use a products from your Starter Kit, mention, "Look, I got this in my starter kit! I've loved it ever since." and keep mentioning the products from the starter kit. One tip I learned from a teleclass (I think that's where I heard it) that I want to start doing is to actually attach little stars (I know they sell little wooden ones at craft stores)to all/most of the Super STarter Kit Products. You can tie them on with ribbons to the products you're able to do this on. Then you'll remember which ones are part of the STARter Kit. Get it? Even if you don't mention what the stars mean right away, chances are someone in the audience will notice and ask why there are stars on some of the products. That's a very low-key way to introduce recruiting comments in your shows if you're not comfortable yet. It probably will be stepping out of your comfort zone to do it, but it'll be so worth it! Becoming a consultant was WAY out of my comfort zone, but it was the best risk I ever took.

I would present everything you can to this potential recruit and preface it by saying, "I know you weren't thinking of becoming a consultant for a few months, but I want to make sure you're aware of everything that's going on right now. If I didn't fill you in, I wouldn't feel like I'm doing my job." You never know if she just needs a little extra encouragement to think about it now rather than later. And unfortunately for some people, the longer they wait to sign on, the less likely they are to do it. Excitement tends to wane and they talk themselves out of it. Just present her with what you can and really hype up that there's some great bonus in July for new consultants, but we just don't know what it is yet. It's GOT to be good is what I'm thinking.

I agree with you, though, and I wouldn't push or expect her to come to Conference since it's so close. That would seem pushy to me. You could at least make her aware of it and plant the seed for her to consider going next year. Good luck!! Let us know how your next conversations go with her.

The stars on the ribbons are a great idea!! Very low key ;) I am having a fundraiser meeting with a number of women next month and I think I am going to try that out!!

Stephanie - just keep in touch with your possible recruit. Remember to be a good ear for her and let her ask the questions. I think if you just pour out the information at once she might seem overwhelmed. I know for me, it took alittle thinking and contemplating before I joined. Maybe invite her over for coffee if you have time so that way you can sit with her and talk about it. Tell her your story. But definitely don't rush her! Good Luck to you and let us know how it goes!! :D

September SSM?Come to think of it - about the July recruiting promotion - Can you make September your starter month instead of August? SInce the details will be released after conference, I assume they would extend the qualifying time for the recruits until the end of September. Does anyone know? :confused:

kitchenqueen said:
Come to think of it - about the July recruiting promotion - Can you make September your starter month instead of August? SInce the details will be released after conference, I assume they would extend the qualifying time for the recruits until the end of September. Does anyone know? :confused:
If someone signed their agreement in July, I would assume they could make their first SS month September, since you can usually do it two months out. If anyone on this website signs their agreement in July, maybe they can tell us if September was one of the choices.

Thanks so much for all of your feedback. My possible recruit lives in Owen Sound, 3 hours north of where I live. The only reason why I did a show that far is because it was for the wife of one of my Dad's co-workers. I let this potential recruit know that there will be a lot of business up there for her, and that any show leads for that area I will pass onto her - it's too far for me to go and not really worth it. I only do this on the side from my full-time job, and spending 6+ hours in the car on my weekend outweighs the pros for me!

Anyways, I do feel that it is too rush to have her come down for conference. Seeing as she is so far up north, I don't want to throw something at her that will cost her a few hundred dollars before she even starts.

I feel that I was slightly misled when I joined, and I want to be sure that I am totally up front and honest with any recruits that join my team....

Thanks again for your help.

p.s. any suggestions as to how I would go about finding a cluster closer to my area? My Director lives in Barrie and that's where the cluster meetings are held. That's a 2-hour round trip drive for me. I'd like to find a cluster closer to me so I could attend the meetings on a regular basis. How would I go about doing this? :confused:

Stephanie....It is VERY EXCITING to have someone interested in PC. I agree that you don't want to scare them away.

I would start with finding out what made your potential interested in PC. When she lets you know, answer any questions she might have. Find out why she wants to wait until the fall.

One of the things you want to be upfront about is that PC is offering an incentive for signing up in July. If she waits until August when there is no incentive, she might be upset with you. If she signs up in July, she can always make September her first month. But I would find out why she wants to wait.

Don't push her into something, it needs to be her decision. Inform her and answer any questions she might have. Let her know about the incentive that will be announced after/during conference.

Good luck...let us know what happens!

Thanks Ginger. If she signs up in July, how can she (I) make September her starting month?

Super Starter MonthWhen I signed my contract I was asked if July or August would be my super starter month. So I don't know if they will let September be the Super Starter Month. I do know that my recruiter sent me an email that said if I held and submitted 2 shows between Aug 1st and 15th that I would receive the Fall Mid-Season products for free. I think they have something to do with cake baking. Since the flyer says that earning them "is a piece of cake." I've attached a link below. The flyer says the products are worth more than $60. You might want to mention this to your recruit since there isn't a sales limit on it I didn't find it as daunting as the $1250 reward. I'm still going for them, but this seems very doable!

Attachments

• August Consultant Special.pdf
    103.9 KB · Views: 519
Hi Donna,

Thanks so much. Good luck with your new business. I'm just into my 3rd month. I've earned all of my Super Starter Bonuses and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be!

Best of luck!

DZmom said:
When I signed my contract I was asked if July or August would be my super starter month. So I don't know if they will let September be the Super Starter Month. I do know that my recruiter sent me an email that said if I held and submitted 2 shows between Aug 1st and 15th that I would receive the Fall Mid-Season products for free. I think they have something to do with cake baking. Since the flyer says that earning them "is a piece of cake." I've attached a link below. The flyer says the products are worth more than $60. You might want to mention this to your recruit since there isn't a sales limit on it I didn't find it as daunting as the $1250 reward. I'm still going for them, but this seems very doable!
Did you sign in June or July?? If you signed up in June, those would have been the choices. But, I wondered if someone signs in July, the choices might be August or September. I suppose we could call the HO and ask, too.

choosing your first superstarter monthAnyone who joins the company half way through a month can choose either the following month or the one after that as their 1st super starter month. That way they will have at least 6 weeks to get started! For instance if someone joined on July 17th she could choose either August or September for her first month.

If she chose August, her kit would be shipped within 48 hours and she could start submitting shows as soon as she has her consultant number in July. July and August sales would be combined for her first super starter month.

If she chose September, her kit would ship on or around the first of August and she could NOT submit July shows but she would have ALL of August and September as her "first" month.

IN CanadaSteph, we can't change our Super Starter Month start date in Canada. It starts 1-2 weeks after you get the kit.
Esther

In the US you can change your first super starter month but it does not make you eligible for any recruiting special that comes up after you sign (except as the recruiter). I had a consultant sign in December and needed to change her month to January. She was not eligible to earn the new January incentive but she was given that extra time for her 1st month.

What qualities are you looking for in a new recruit?

We are looking for individuals who are motivated, driven, and have a strong work ethic. We also value good communication skills, the ability to work well in a team, and a willingness to learn and adapt.

What is the recruitment process like?

The recruitment process typically involves submitting an application, followed by a series of interviews and possibly a skills assessment. We also conduct thorough background checks to ensure the safety and integrity of our company.

What kind of benefits do you offer for new recruits?

We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid time off, and opportunities for career growth and development. We also have a positive and inclusive work culture that values work-life balance.

What kind of work environment can a new recruit expect?

Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, with a focus on collaboration and teamwork. We encourage open communication and value diverse perspectives and ideas. We also strive to create a positive and supportive atmosphere for all employees.

What sets your company apart from others in the industry?

Our company values innovation and creativity, and we strive to stay ahead of industry trends and advancements. We also prioritize employee satisfaction and provide ongoing training and support to ensure our team is equipped with the skills and resources to succeed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • gussey30
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Curlyone
  • byrd1956