• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible Male Recruit Wanting to Speak With Male Consultant

Anyway, in summary, this guy says that, in his experience, being a male consultant in a female dominated field actually works to the advantage of the consultant.
flemings99
Gold Member
I have a client I've been working with for several months who is interested in signing up with PC. He's concerned about being a consultant in a female dominated field and would like to speak with a male consultant regarding concerns. Anyone out there willing to help me recruit this guy? I know it's a lot to ask.

HO said they couldn't give me a name of a local male consultant b/c they don't keep gender based records.

I have 3 way calling & can call you to save phone charges if you are willing to help out.

Side note: Talked with HO about him attending Spring Launch b/c he is interested & they said he'd have to sign up tomorrow to be able to attend.

Thanks for your help!

According to this week's Newswire:
New Consultants who join between Jan. 18-26 will have the opportunity to register through Jan. 26. Watch for next week's PC NewsWire for more information.
Wonder why they told you differently when you called?

Show him David Meenan's photo in the catalog!

I'm a girl in a male dominated job. I'm an engineer, and one of only 6 girls out of 60 engineers in my division. Not exactly the same thing but you can PM me if he wants my email.

esavvymom said:
According to this week's Newswire:

Wonder why they told you differently when you called?

:confused: Interesting--guess I missed that in the Newswire. She mentioned some have sold out, but Omaha isn't one of them. I'll have to go back to the archives for that one.

Monty060609 said:
I'm a girl in a male dominated job. I'm an engineer, and one of only 6 girls out of 60 engineers in my division. Not exactly the same thing but you can PM me if he wants my email.

Appreciate all your suggestions/help. I found a biz card to a guy I met at conference last yr. from MI who is willing to help him and my Exec. found a guy here locally (who is going to Omaha & looking for a roommate--perfect!)

Crossing my fingers it works out :)

I'll talk to either one or both of you. I'm just a part timer, but I'm about to reach my 4th year anniversary and my first recruit, also a male will have his 4th year aniversary in March. We both love the business. My recruit "Shane" was asked to sign by his wife that had been to a show. I didn't know anything about PC when I started. I just wanted a home based business that had a product that people wanted.
email me for my phone number. [email protected]

I started PC 2 years ago. As a single parent and 2 kids in college, I needed a part time job to pay for my kids college, PC gave me the flexability to work the hours I wanted and to make the required $$.. When I started I figured I needed to do 3-4 shows a month and I'd be good to go. The first 14-15 months I was able to do that easy, since that time, I've been doing 5-7 shows a month and this year It's gone to 6-8 shows a month.
FYI... I went to 4 shows where my Dir was the consultant.. she asked at each show if I wanted to be a PC consultant. each time I said no... at the 5th show I said yes....
13 months to hit $15,000 in sales
since that mark reached $32,000 in sales... (9 months to more than double it!!!)

Do I enjoy being a consultant in a woman dominated field... YEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE IT.... LOVE IT.... GOTTA DO IT!!!!!
do I get reactions yup... normally it's a guest asking the hostess who the consultant is, and they they never heard of "her" before, that's when the hostess normally says " "he"... is over there" and the guest are a little shocked..
or I get "I've never had a guy cook for me, this should be interesting"
or "a guy consultant... hmmmm this could be fun"

Last edited:
We had a male consultant come talk to our group about Full Serve Checkout at a cluster meeting. Someone asked him about being a male consultant in a female dominated business. He said:

When women look at another woman in Pampered Chef, they think "How nice, she has a hobby." When they look at a man in Pampered Chef, they think "Wow, he's got his own business."

We all know it's true, that's just the perception we have to deal with, but in the case of a male consultant, it actually work for them.

I'm always surprised people get so shocked by guy-consultants...I mean, don't they watch the Food Network shows, or even morning talk shows?? Most of the chefs that are pros are men! I think it would be nice if PC offered more seminars and material geared to the men in the company though.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have to say PC consultants are the best!

My recruit decided to go ahead and sign up without talking with anyone after reading him some of the post.

I appreciate all of your help & willingness to go above and beyond to help me get this recruit on board.

If you are going to Omaha training perhaps you'll get to meet him.

You "guys" are great!!

Congratulations on your new recruit!!!

1. What are the benefits of speaking with a male consultant?

Some male recruits may feel more comfortable opening up to a male consultant due to shared experiences and perspectives. It can also help with building trust and rapport.

2. Can a male consultant understand my unique experiences and challenges as a male recruit?

Yes, a male consultant is trained to understand and empathize with the challenges and experiences specific to male recruits. They can provide valuable insights and support.

3. Will speaking with a male consultant be confidential?

Yes, all conversations with a consultant are confidential. They are bound by professional and ethical standards to keep all information shared during sessions private.

4. How can a male consultant help me in my recruitment process?

A male consultant can provide guidance and support in navigating the recruitment process, offer advice on preparing for interviews and assessments, and provide resources for personal and professional development.

5. Can I request a specific male consultant to speak with?

While you can express your preference for a specific consultant, the availability of consultants may vary. Our priority is to match you with the most suitable consultant for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• augmommychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
augmommychef
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • flemings99