• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pork Tenderloin: To Season or Not to Season?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of using pre-seasoned pork tenderloin versus unseasoned pork tenderloin. The consensus is that unseasoned is the preferred choice, as the pre-seasoned ones are loaded with sodium and may not have the freshest meat. Various seasoning options are suggested, including using a specific BBQ rub or rosemary herb seasoning. It is also noted that the pre-seasoned ones can be difficult to handle and may need to be rinsed before use.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Don't laugh, but do you buy the pork tenderloin, seasoned or not?

No laughing from me. I wondered the same thing, but of course was at the store when I had the thought and unable to post the question here! Finally decided that since the receipe uses the bbq rub, unseasoned would be the best.

Depends on what you're doing with it. As mentioned, if you are using the recipe with the BBQ rub or any rub for that matter, you want unseasoned.
Otherwise, the seasoned ones are fine.

As a side note, the pre-seasoned ones are LOADED with sodium, so if you or anyone else is monitoring salt intake, I wouldn't use the pre-seasoned. The taste pretty good, but I prefer to season my own and control what amount goes on there.

The other thing with the pre-seasoned ones are that you aren't seeing the pork, you are really just seeing the marinade....
It always makes me scared that the pork is old or something!

ljeffries said:
The other thing with the pre-seasoned ones are that you aren't seeing the pork, you are really just seeing the marinade....
It always makes me scared that the pork is old or something!
EEWWW! Very good point, I never even thought of that!:yuck:

Use unseasoned! The pre-seasoned ones have tons of sodium and cooking that fast will intensify the salty taste.

MomToEli said:
Use unseasoned! The pre-seasoned ones have tons of sodium and cooking that fast will intensify the salty taste.
I always get unseasoned too. I want them to taste OUR seasonings!

ok, so if I don't have TPC BBQ, but want to do to the pork tenderloin, anyone recommend something I can use otherwise? I want to do a pork loin in the DCB for tomorrow's show....in addition to the 'main' recipe..

The rosemary herb seasoning is really good on pork tenderloin. There's a recipe for a pork tenderloin w that particualr seasoning in either "It's Good For You" or "All the Best" -- can't remember which book, but the recipe is really tasty. Maybe it's in "Stoneware Inspirations". Argh. I'll go see if I can find it.

you are sweet to look..I actually only have italian season mix and the asian so far of TPC seasonings....Thanks

In my experience, the "seasoned" ones are nearly impossible to get the silver skin off too. The marinade makes them too slippery to handle properly. Even the "unflavored" ones that have just the extra juices are yuck. I have to rinse them off before using them.

1. Can I season my pork tenderloin before cooking?

Yes, it is recommended to season your pork tenderloin before cooking to enhance its flavor. You can use a variety of seasonings such as herbs, spices, rubs, marinades, or a combination of these.

2. How should I season my pork tenderloin?

You can season your pork tenderloin by rubbing the seasonings directly onto the meat or by marinating the tenderloin in a mixture of seasonings and liquids. Be sure to evenly coat the entire tenderloin for maximum flavor.

3. How long should I marinate my pork tenderloin?

The ideal marinating time for pork tenderloin is between 2-24 hours. Marinating for too long can result in a mushy texture, so it is important to follow the recommended marinating time in your recipe.

4. Can I season my pork tenderloin after cooking?

Yes, you can season your pork tenderloin after cooking if desired. However, the flavors will not penetrate the meat as deeply as they would if you season it before cooking. It is best to season with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper after cooking for added flavor.

5. Do I need to season both sides of the pork tenderloin?

Yes, it is important to season both sides of the pork tenderloin for even flavor distribution. This will ensure that every bite is full of delicious seasoning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies