• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Pork Tenderloin: 1.7lbs vs. 1lb

In summary, the cooking time for a 1.7lb pork tenderloin can vary depending on the method used, with roasting taking 25-30 minutes at 375°F and grilling taking 12-15 minutes per side over medium-high heat. A 1lb pork tenderloin can also be cooked using the same methods, but with shorter cooking times. While it is not necessary to marinate the pork before cooking, it can add extra flavor and tenderness if desired. When cooking multiple sizes of pork tenderloin, it is best to cook them separately to ensure even cooking. Always use a meat thermometer to check for a safe internal temperature of 145°F before slicing and serving the pork tenderloin.
RMDave
Gold Member
Seems like most of the recipes I see for Pork Tenderloin in the DCB call for a one pound tenderloin. I see lots of sizes in Southern California markets, but the most frequently "pre-packaged" is 1.7 pounds, not 1 pound.

Has anybody worked with the 1.7s and how much should I increase microwave time? I'm trying it in a few hours but would love a headsup.

Thanks in advance.

7-8 minutes per pound

I bet there are two pieces inside that 1.7 # package, so just make one of them and freeze the other for later.

leftymac said:
7-8 minutes per pound

Thanks. Much appreciated, Keith.

DebbieJ said:
I bet there are two pieces inside that 1.7 # package, so just make one of them and freeze the other for later.

Yep, they usually are. Looks like one tenderloin in the package, but it's usually two.

DebbieJ said:

Wow, I hadn't thought of that. I'll be checking when I open the package up. Thanks so much.

Since microwaves vary so much, I don't time it, personally. I cook for about 10 minutes to start (because, yes, finding a pork loin for exactly 1 pound is extremely rare), and then use the thermometer to determine when it's done.

Thanks Sarah

Just made that tonight (1.7oz pork tenderloin - and yes it's 2 pieces). Took 13 minutes.

Thanks, Beth! Maybe I'll only make one.

BethCooks4U said:
Just made that tonight (1.7oz pork tenderloin - and yes it's 2 pieces). Took 13 minutes.

Sounds like my 7-8 minutes per lb was pretty accurate. ;)

leftymac said:
Sounds like my 7-8 minutes per lb was pretty accurate. ;)

Keith, you're our own li'l Rachael Ray! Yummo!

1. How long should I cook a 1.7lb pork tenderloin?

The cooking time for a 1.7lb pork tenderloin will vary depending on the cooking method. For roasting, it should take approximately 25-30 minutes at 375°F. For grilling, it should take about 12-15 minutes per side over medium-high heat. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145°F for safe consumption.

2. Can I use the same cooking method for a 1lb pork tenderloin?

Yes, you can use the same cooking method for a 1lb pork tenderloin. However, the cooking time will be shorter, so be sure to adjust accordingly. For roasting, it may take approximately 15-20 minutes at 375°F. For grilling, it should take about 8-10 minutes per side over medium-high heat.

3. Should I marinate the pork tenderloin before cooking?

It is not necessary to marinate pork tenderloin before cooking, but it can add extra flavor and tenderness. If you choose to marinate, make sure to do so for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator before cooking. Be sure to discard any leftover marinade.

4. Can I cook a 1.7lb and 1lb pork tenderloin together?

It is not recommended to cook different sizes of pork tenderloin together, as they will have different cooking times. This can result in one piece being overcooked and the other undercooked. It is best to cook each piece separately to ensure even cooking.

5. How do I know when the pork tenderloin is done cooking?

Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork tenderloin. The safe minimum temperature for pork is 145°F. Once the internal temperature reaches this point, remove the pork from the heat and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • BethCooks4U
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni