• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Pork Tenderloin Recipes for Oven and BBQ - Tips for Beginners

In summary, the author is asking for help with a recipe for a pork tenderloin. The pork tenderloin can be cooked in a microwave or oven. The author suggests using different barbecue rubs and suggests a recipe for southwestern pork fajitas.
supplyhoarder
Can someone help me? I have never cooked a pork tenderloin in the oven or micro. I have heard alot about a BBQ pork tenderloin but I have no idea what to do or where to start with this. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

10-Minute Barbecue Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:

1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub

Directions:

1. On Large Grooved Cutting Board, trim fat and silver skin from pork tenderloin using Utility Knife. Brush pork with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Place pork into Deep Covered Baker, tucking smaller end under to create a uniform thickness. Even rub pork with Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub.

2. Cover baker; microwave on HIGH 6-10 minutes, checking temperature at 6 minutes and at every 2-minute interval or until Pocket Thermometer registers 150°F. Remove baker from microwave; let stand, covered, 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 160° for medium doneness).
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories, 190; Total Fat, 10 g; Saturated Fat, 2.5 g; Cholesterol, 75 mg; Carbohydrate 0 g; Protein, 23 g; Sodium, 300 mg; Fiber 0 g.

Cook’s Tip: This recipe can be doubled easily. Place two tenderloins in Deep Covered Baker; microwave on HIGH 8-12 minutes as directed above.

Use the recipe above to make the following tasty meals:

Miniature Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
Cut 1 medium onion into ¼-inch thick slices. Arrange onion slices over bottom of baker. Prepare pork as directed above. Cut pork into ¼-inch thick slices. Arrange sliced pork evenly on 8 small rolls; top with onions. Spread about 1 teaspoon Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub over top half of each roll; top sandwiches and serve.

An excellent topping for these sandwiches is Onion-Cranberry Marmalade from the Pampered Chef’s Cooking for Two & More cookbook.

Yield: 8 mini sandwiches

Nutrients per serving (I mini sandwich): Calories, 200; Total Fat, 6 g; Saturated Fat, 1.5 g; Cholesterol, 35 mg; Carbohydrate 20 g; Protein, 15 g; Sodium, 380 mg; Fiber 1 g.

Barbecue Pork Salad
Prepare pork as directed above. For dressing, combine ¼ cup ranch salad dressing and 1 teaspoon
Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub. Cut pork into strips. Thinly slice half of a medium red onion. In Simple Additions® Dots Large Round Bowl, combine 1 package (7 ounces) iceberg lettuce mix and 2 cups cole slaw mix; top with onion, 1 cup thawed frozen corn and pork. Drizzle with dressing.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories, 320; Total Fat, 18 g; Saturated Fat, 3.5 g; Cholesterol, 80 mg; Carbohydrate 15 g; Protein, 26 g; Sodium, 500 mg; Fiber 3 g.

Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Rice
Slice 1 medium red bell pepper into thin strips, arrange evenly over bottom of baker. Prepare pork as directed; substituting Jamaican Jerk Rub for the barbeque rub. Slice pork; serve over rice. Sprinkle with sliced green onions.

Southwest Pork Fajitas
Slice one medium onion and one medium green bell pepper; arrange evenly over bottom of baker. Add 1 pressed garlic clove to baker. Prepare pork as directed; substituting Southwestern Seasoning Mix for the barbeque rub. Slice pork into strips; return to baker and toss with onion and pepper. Serve with warm tortillas. Garnish with shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole, if desired.

Do you think its better in the micro or the oven? Just wondering....

it is great in the Microwave and I have been selling ther bakers like hotcakes when i demo the pork loin. Good luck!

I make a pork tenderloin in the micro at least once a week! I've done the Jamaican and teh Smokey BBQ and this week I bought one of the pre-marinated tenderloins from my grocery store and did that... I usually throw in some quartered baby red potatoes, YUMMY!

DH LOVES it, it's one of his favorite meals and takes me about 15-18 minutes start to finish :)

What is the best way to cook pork tenderloin?

The best way to cook pork tenderloin is to sear it on all sides in a hot skillet before transferring it to the oven to finish cooking. This will help create a crispy exterior while keeping the inside juicy and tender.

How long does it take to cook pork tenderloin in the oven?

The cooking time for pork tenderloin in the oven depends on the size of the tenderloin. As a general rule, it takes about 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit for safe consumption.

Can I marinate pork tenderloin?

Yes, marinating pork tenderloin is a great way to add flavor and tenderness to the meat. It's recommended to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but you can also marinate overnight for maximum flavor. Be sure to discard the marinade after use to avoid any potential food safety risks.

What are some good seasoning options for pork tenderloin?

Pork tenderloin pairs well with a variety of seasonings, including garlic, rosemary, thyme, and honey. You can also use a pre-made spice rub or marinade for added convenience. Just be sure to not over-season the meat, as the natural flavor of the pork is delicious on its own.

How do I know when pork tenderloin is done cooking?

The best way to determine if pork tenderloin is done cooking is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the tenderloin, making sure not to touch bone. The internal temperature should reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit for safe consumption. Another way to check is by cutting into the tenderloin and ensuring the juices run clear and there is no pink in the center.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • brendaziz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies