• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Pork Chop Ideas and Recipes: Get Creative with Your Chops!

1) Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the stuffing is cooked through; or 2) Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes per side. Thanks for the recipes!
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi everyone! (I feel like Doctor Nick from the Simpsons when I say that) LOL

I have a package of pork chops thawed out in my fridge and am not in the mood for a boring shake-n-bake chop or for grilling them. Do any of you have any fun pork chop recipes? I do not have many of the PC seasonings, so the few tenderloin recipes in our cookbooks won't work for us- and I don't have a tenderloin, I have chops. :)

Any ideas would be great- TIA!

Oh Kacey great minds think a like, we are having pork chops tonight too and I have trying to decide what to do with them.....

I have been thinking about frying them a bit, then deglazing the pan with some bv then pouring fresh salsa over them and finishing them in the oven..

Bake them in BBQ Sauce....Stuff them with something...

Marinated Baked Pork Chops (from Allrecipes.com)

INGREDIENTS

* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons ketchup
* 6 pork chops, trimmed

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a small bowl, thoroughly blend soy sauce, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and ketchup.
3. Place pork chops in a medium baking dish, and spread with 1/2 the sauce.
4. Bake pork chops 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn, and spread with remaining sauce. Continue baking 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chops has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

Honey Pecan Pork ChopsINGREDIENTS * 1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin, pounded thin
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 cup chopped pecansDIRECTIONS 1. In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge pork cutlets in the flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chops, and brown both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
3. Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over cutlets.

Stuffed Pork Chops

INGREDIENTS

* 4 thick cut pork chops
* 3 cups day-old bread cubes
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons chopped celery
* 2 tablespoons chopped onion
* 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1/3 cup water

DIRECTIONS

2. In a skillet, heat the oil and brown the pork chops. Place the pork chops in a baking dish.
3. In a bowl, toss the bread cubes, melted butter, chicken broth, celery, onion, and poultry seasoning together. Put heaping mounds of the bread crumb mixture onto the pork chops.
4. Combine the cream of mushroom soup with the water, and pour this mixture over the stuffing and pork chops.
5. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. The meat thermometer should read 160 to 170 degrees.

I usually make them with ketchum, coke, brown sugar, and pork chops. I believe the receipe is on allrecipes.com

JoLynn

Becky your on a roll!! Thanks these all sound great.

We are having pork chops tonight as well! LOL! I will be breading and baking. I use 1 cup of bread crumbs (the flavored kind-garlic and herb) + 2 T melted butter...mix together in one med SA. In another med SA, I whip up 2 eggs..to make an egg wash. Then I dip the pork chops in the egg wash and then roll in bread crumbs. Bake @ 325 until they smell and look done (can't explain...that is just how I cook!).

We make apple stuffed pork chops (or pork loin), but I don't have a "real" recipe for it...Basically, peel an apple, grate it coarsely, mix it with about a cup and a half of Pepperidge Farm Seasoned Stuffing mix and add about a Tablespoon or so of melted butter and then add just enough apple juice (or water) to moisten it all. Stuff the pork chops and then either Rotisserie them, Forman them, or (my favorite for pork CHOPS instead of tenderloins cook in DCB (with rest of stuffing underneath - or all of the stuffing if they are thin or bone-in pork chops).A bit before they are done, "glaze" with apple jelly. Cook for another 10 minutes or so.

This is my favorite way to fix pork chops (other than grilling)

Brown them in a skillet with some seasoning salt and pepper. Add a can of Golden Mushroom soup (you can use cream of mushroom too and even add a can of French Onion soup for more flavor....pick the sop you like or what you have in the pantry), fresh (or canned or frozen) sliced mushrooms, and a sliced onion. Put a lid on it and let it simmer for @ 45 mins. Serve with rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.

Kitchen Diva said:
Hi everyone! (I feel like Doctor Nick from the Simpsons when I say that) LOL
He says, "Hi, everybody!" not everyone.

"Everyone" is in the Professor's catchphrase from Futurama: Good news, everyone!

This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

OH MY GOSH! I HAVE THE ABESOLUTE BEST PORK CHOP RECIPE! :sing:

PARMESAN CRUSTED PORK CHOPS

Ingredients needed:
Pork chops
fresh grated parmesan cheese
eggs (lightly beaten with a fork)
italian style bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
a little extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
1.) Take pork chops and sprinkle them with a little salt and fresh pepper. Then press the fresh grated parmesan on all sides. Dip the parmesan-crusted pork chop in the beaten egg. Then dip the pork chop in the italian style bread crumbs. I always cover it very well until there is no more egg showing.
2.) Put some EVOO in a pan and heat on medium (adjust temp if it seems too hot or if oil is smoking!) Then put in the pork chops. Cook for approx 8 minutes on each side-- flip only once so that the breading stays in tact.

Cooks Tip: I use pork chops that are about 1 inch thick, so you may have to adjust the cooking time according to how thick your chops are.

Serving suggestions: I also serve it with a lemon wedge. Squeeze lemon juice on top of pork chop.

Make it once and you will never cook your chops any other way! I promise you this! It is simple, quick and delish! Yum. :chef:

Wow, these recipes sound awesome! Now I have to choose which one to make. Hmmmm- the marinated ones sound really good!

Thanks for the recipes- and for those of you that will be having pork chops tonight as well- enjoy your new recipes! :)

PS- Ann thanks for the trivia! :)

I have pork chops out also and I put them in my DCB with some BBQ sauce, put in the micro and they are yummy :)

I don't have a DCB- I borrowed my directors for a while, but sadly she turned out to be a back stabbing twit, so I don't borrow things from her any more.

:)

We are also having pork chops tonight. Here is the recipe I will be making.

Peppered Citrus Pork Chops

1 egg
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1 env. GOOD SEASONS Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
4 bone-in pork chops (4 oz. each), 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
Juice of 1 small lime

BEAT egg with milk in shallow dish or pie plate; set aside. Mix salad dressing mix, flour and pepper in separate shallow dish or pie plate.

DIP both sides of chops into egg mixture, then into dressing mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides.

HEAT large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chops; cover. Cook 6 minutes; uncover. Continue cooking 5 minutes on each side or until chops are cooked through. Drizzle with lime juice before serving.

Kitchen Diva said:
I don't have a DCB- I borrowed my directors for a while, but sadly she turned out to be a back stabbing twit, so I don't borrow things from her any more.

:)

Gotta watch for those back stabbing twits, know a few of those myself ( but not my director)
I love my DCB, not sure how I ever got along before without it, use it 3-5 times a week :)
I have a recipe for pork chops with cola, but I need to go find it, DH and DS are installing our new microwave so I don't want to get in the way. BRB :)

Ok, I have 2 and one is in the crock pot and it is probably too late for you now, but:
4 pork chops well trimmed
1 envelope onio soup mix
10 oz can ready to serve chicken broth
place pork chops in crock pot, mix soup mix and chicken borth and stir until well blended. Pour over pork chops, cover pork chops and cook on low 6-8 hours.
These come out sooooo tender~ yum yum

Cola pork chops
INGREDIENTS
1 cup ketchup
1 cup cola-flavored carbonated beverage ( I use diet coke or pepsi)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
8 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Mix together the ketchup, cola and brown sugar.
Place pork chops into a baking pan and pour cola mixture over, coating well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for about one hour depending on the thickness of the pork chop.

I usually do oven fried pork chops...scramble an egg with some milk and pepper, dunk your pork chops in that, roll them around in crumbled Stove Top stuffing mix (I'm sure any kind of stuffing mix will do, but I use cornbread flavored). THEN you lay them in a baking pan with melted butter. Bake at 425 for ten minutes, then flip them over, add a little more melted butter, and bake for ten more minutes. Adjust bake time according to the pork chops' thickness. Serves great with mashed potatoes and veggies! And it's a great way to make use of the coating trays and tool... :)

My favorite way to do pork chops is to put them in a baking dish and pour a bottle of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing over them. You can do them in a crockpot this way too.

ChefBeckyD said:
Honey Pecan Pork Chops

INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin, pounded thin
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS

1. In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge pork cutlets in the flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chops, and brown both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
3. Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over cutlets.

Choose this one for dinner, delish !!!! DH said to say thanks Becky:chef:

rennea said:

Tell him he is very welcome! My DH loves this - and it's so easy to do! It's also good with chicken breast!

ChefBeckyD said:
Marinated Baked Pork Chops (from Allrecipes.com)

INGREDIENTS

* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons ketchup
* 6 pork chops, trimmed

DIRECTIONS

2. In a small bowl, thoroughly blend soy sauce, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and ketchup.
3. Place pork chops in a medium baking dish, and spread with 1/2 the sauce.
4. Bake pork chops 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn, and spread with remaining sauce. Continue baking 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chops has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

Okay, this turned out alright, but the chops were dry and they were thick chops and I only cooked them to 150 degrees, but they were cooked through. Also, any of the sauce that drips to the bottom of the pan burns and gets nice and black and crispy, so I'm soaking the pan right now...been soaking it for almost 3 hours and it still won't come off. No- I didn't use stoneware.

Just thought I'd give my reviews. DH and my sister liked the bbq type sauce this made, but I was ticked that my chops were dry... I won't cook them as long if I make this again.

rennea said:

Aww man, I chose the wrong recipe! Bummer...

merego said:
Ok, I have 2 and one is in the crock pot and it is probably too late for you now, but:
4 pork chops well trimmed
1 envelope onio soup mix
10 oz can ready to serve chicken broth
place pork chops in crock pot, mix soup mix and chicken borth and stir until well blended. Pour over pork chops, cover pork chops and cook on low 6-8 hours.
These come out sooooo tender~ yum yum

Cola pork chops
INGREDIENTS
1 cup ketchup
1 cup cola-flavored carbonated beverage ( I use diet coke or pepsi)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
8 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Mix together the ketchup, cola and brown sugar.
Place pork chops into a baking pan and pour cola mixture over, coating well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for about one hour depending on the thickness of the pork chop.

Thanks Meredith, I will try the slow cooker one for sure. What does the sauce taste like on the cola recipe?

Kitchen Diva said:
Okay, this turned out alright, but the chops were dry and they were thick chops and I only cooked them to 150 degrees, but they were cooked through. Also, any of the sauce that drips to the bottom of the pan burns and gets nice and black and crispy, so I'm soaking the pan right now...been soaking it for almost 3 hours and it still won't come off. No- I didn't use stoneware.

Just thought I'd give my reviews. DH and my sister liked the bbq type sauce this made, but I was ticked that my chops were dry... I won't cook them as long if I make this again.

They probably wouldn't have been dry if you'd used a stone.;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Aww man, I chose the wrong recipe! Bummer...

Must have;) I think I'll be calling on Becky for recipes from now on:p

rennea said:
Feel free to call! Recipes are the only thing I collect.....not only is cooking my job, it's also my hobby. The kitchen is where I am creative; it's where I go to relax, to vent, to celebrate, to mourn, to process life.....I am happiest when I am cooking. I think I realized this for the first time at the ripe old age of 14. I was furious - so so angry - with my Dad, and I went in the kitchen, and just started cooking, and before I even realized what had happened, I had created a feast for 12, and I felt so much better!

Gheesh - it's a wonder I don't weigh 500 lbs!

ChefBeckyD said:
They probably wouldn't have been dry if you'd used a stone.;)
I've had dry items on stonewear too. :p

My gripe was more that the sauce (due to the sugar in it) burned to the pan, and would have done so on stoneware too...and I cooked it per the instructions. After the hour in the oven was up the temp of the chops was only 150 degrees not the 170 degrees the recipe requested- and they were over done and dry. These chops were about 1.5 inches thick, too!

Oh well, I tried something new, everyone else liked them- I'm not a real fan of pork chops, but I LOVE ham and bacon. Go figure!

rennea said:

I used one of her recipes, silly- I just picked the first one, and you picked another one!:rolleyes:

Kitchen Diva said:
I've had dry items on stonewear too. :p

My gripe was more that the sauce (due to the sugar in it) burned to the pan, and would have done so on stoneware too...and I cooked it per the instructions. After the hour in the oven was up the temp of the chops was only 150 degrees not the 170 degrees the recipe requested- and they were over done and dry. These chops were about 1.5 inches thick, too!

Oh well, I tried something new, everyone else liked them- I'm not a real fan of pork chops, but I LOVE ham and bacon. Go figure!

You know, when I think about it, I don't think I've ever baked them for a full hour.....maybe 40-45 minutes....

Kitchen Diva said:
I used one of her recipes, silly- I just picked the first one, and you picked another one!:rolleyes:

I know!!!:p

pamperedlinda said:
This is my favorite way to fix pork chops (other than grilling)

Brown them in a skillet with some seasoning salt and pepper. Add a can of Golden Mushroom soup (you can use cream of mushroom too and even add a can of French Onion soup for more flavor....pick the sop you like or what you have in the pantry), fresh (or canned or frozen) sliced mushrooms, and a sliced onion. Put a lid on it and let it simmer for @ 45 mins. Serve with rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
Did this tonight, Linda, inspired by you! It was very good!

Kitchen Diva said:
After the hour in the oven was up the temp of the chops was only 150 degrees not the 170 degrees the recipe requested- and they were over done and dry.
Personally, I find 170 to be overdone for pork. Heck, it's overdone for everything.

chefann said:
Personally, I find 170 to be overdone for pork. Heck, it's overdone for everything.

I agree, there hasn't been a case of Trichinosis in years, right? At least that's what my husband tells me when I accuse him of not cooking the chops long enough :p

Exactly. Livestock nowadays is immunized and medicated against everything. And pigs are bred to have less fat, too, so cooking pork to a higher internal temp (as advocated many years ago) will dry it out.

chefann said:
Exactly. Livestock nowadays is immunized and medicated against everything. And pigs are bred to have less fat, too, so cooking pork to a higher internal temp (as advocated many years ago) will dry it out.

Recently, I read an article about this online somewhere - but now I can't find it......drats for all my web-surfing!

chefann said:
After the fact that sand fell out of those pork chops when I bit into them, I'd agree that 170 is a temp that renders everything overdone... I was just following a recipe. :)

Normally I don't get boneless, thick chops, but this time there was a special so I got that type. I was unsure of how long it would take for them to bake, so I stuck by the recipe...I won't do that again!

Next time you have thick chops you must try the Parmesan Crusted ones... :D I made them for my hubby on valentines and he always asks for them now. I also made them for a group of gals and they said it was the best porkchops they had ever tasted- doesn't even tasete like porkchop, but a juicy steak-like gourmet treat! Mmmmm......

bsaxman said:
Next time you have thick chops you must try the Parmesan Crusted ones... :D I made them for my hubby on valentines and he always asks for them now. I also made them for a group of gals and they said it was the best porkchops they had ever tasted- doesn't even tasete like porkchop, but a juicy steak-like gourmet treat! Mmmmm......

Thanks, I will do that. I didn't opt for these last night because I only have a tiny hunk of parmesan in the fridge and let's face it...the stuff in the green canister just isn't the same.

1. What are some creative ways to cook pork chops?

There are many delicious and unique ways to cook pork chops! Some ideas include marinating them in a tasty sauce or dressing, stuffing them with a flavorful filling, or breading and frying them for a crispy texture. You can also try grilling them with a variety of seasonings or slow cooking them in a savory broth.

2. Can you recommend any pork chop recipes that don't require Pampered Chef seasonings?

Absolutely! There are plenty of tasty pork chop recipes that don't require specific seasonings. Some options include honey mustard glazed chops, garlic and herb rubbed chops, or a simple salt and pepper seasoning with a side of homemade applesauce.

3. I'm not in the mood for a traditional shake-n-bake or grilled pork chop. Any other ideas?

There are endless possibilities when it comes to cooking pork chops! You can try making a creamy mushroom sauce to top your chops, or slice them up and use them in a stir fry. Another option is to bread and bake them with a delicious parmesan crust.

4. Can I use pork chops in recipes that call for tenderloin?

While pork chops and tenderloin are different cuts of meat, you can often substitute one for the other in recipes. Just keep in mind that tenderloin is typically leaner and may require less cooking time than pork chops. You can also ask your local butcher for advice on substituting cuts of meat.

5. Do you have any tips for cooking tender and juicy pork chops?

To ensure your pork chops come out tender and juicy, it's important to not overcook them. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature and remove them from the heat when they reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Let them rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute. You can also try brining your pork chops beforehand for added moisture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies