• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PoPampered Cheforn in the Classic Batter Bowl?

In summary, Dawn Trudell found that popping popcorn in the batter bowl works and she recommends using a hot pad.
WendyAebi
I *know* I read on here about popping popcorn in the microwave using the batter bowl. I've searched and searched and haven't found it. If you posted it originally (or if you remember what I'm talking about!) could you point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!!

Popping popcorn in batter bowlHmmm...That's a new one on me. I'm just not seeing it, but then again I wouldn't have seen cooking a cake in the rice-cooker either! I did do a search and am not finding anything about it on this site.

popcorn in batter bowl1 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoons popcorn kernals
4 minutes in the microwave...Yes, you keep the lid on.

Wow!What an awesome idea! I love popcorn, and am going to have to try this. It would make a great quick demo!

Wow! And the lid doesn't melt (warp)? Let us all know how it turns out!

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN

Yes, I would love to hear from someone who has tried it. I don't want to sacrifice my bowl :D

I just made some last night!! OH MY GOSH!! It really works! :eek: It makes just a very small portion. My lid did not warp or was damaged in any way. Make sure to use a hot pad, as the Batter Bowl is very hot!

I can not wait to promote this idea! Thanks to whoever brought this idea to the board! ;)

Lee Anne

lids microwavableI have had my batter bowls for over a year and was too scared to put the lids in the microwave. When I went to a party (just before I signed up) this past fall, I asked the consultant (now my director) about microwaving the lids. She said she does it all the time! Since then I use it every time we cook microwave veggies. It sits just loose enough not to explode from the steam! :)

Batter bowls are the best ever! And I'm definately going to try the popcorn! :D

I would not tell customers about popping popcorn in the bowl. The product use and care guide tells you specifically NOT too.
I was ready myself to use that as another selling point.

Well, I just tried it! My son (5) thought it was the coolest thing ever to see it pop. 4:00 turned out to be a bit too long in our microwave, though, so I ended up burning it and now--pee-yew!! Everybody...including the dog...is pouting that the house stinks. :p It doesn't pop fast, the way microwave popcorn in a bag pops and then slows down, so I'm going to just guess that 3:30 to 3:45 would have been right for our microwave.

I checked the Care & Use and you're right, microwave popcorn is verboten. I have been known to mention things like this in a "You didn't hear it from me" kind of way, depending on the crowd. :D

Didn't work for meI tried making popcorn in the Classic Batter Bowl and it was only popping a little bit after like six minutes! I think my microwave is at the end of it's life :(

air popcorn?Does anyone know if you could do air popcorn in the batter bowl instead of the oil? I have a person who would like to know what product to use for air popcorn? Thank you in advance.
Brandy

To be honest, I haven't tried it, and I don't know enough about why popcorn works to know if you could do that. (Shoulda paid closer attention in jr. high science! LOL) I guess a batter bowl is only $13, no harm in trying it without the oil. Let us know if it works!

1. What is the Classic Batter Bowl made of?

The Classic Batter Bowl is made of durable stoneware, which is oven, microwave, and dishwasher safe.

2. How big is the Classic Batter Bowl?

The Classic Batter Bowl has a 2-quart capacity and measures 6 inches in diameter and 4.5 inches in height.

3. Can I use the Classic Batter Bowl for mixing hot ingredients?

Yes, the Classic Batter Bowl is safe to use with hot ingredients and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F.

4. Is the Classic Batter Bowl non-stick?

No, the Classic Batter Bowl is not non-stick. We recommend using cooking spray or oil when working with sticky or greasy ingredients.

5. Can I put the Classic Batter Bowl in the freezer?

Yes, the Classic Batter Bowl is freezer safe and can be used to store and freeze ingredients or leftovers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Deb11
  • ivykeep