• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Truth: Do People Really Eat at Parties? | Party Poll Results

In summary, most people do not eat at parties they are attending. However, there are a few who do eat, either out of tradition or because they know the host well.
PCChristy
How many of you actually eat at a party that you're doing? Just curious!

It depends on who the host is! If it's a friend or relative then I will sit down with everyone else...if it's not then I am usually too busy fretting over everything staying tiddy so I don't eat. The hosts usually ask me to but, I usually tell them that the fam is waiting at home to eat with me.

I do not eat at my shows. The host has usually purchased the food and I just do not feel right about eating her food. I do not know if it is really a big deal to eat at the show, my Director just mentioned it to me when I first started so that is the way I have always handled it.

Lisa

I am the same, I don't eat. I feel the food is not for me, but for the host and her family and friends.

I never eat at my shows. I'm thrilled if the host offers me a glass of water.

I would, but there is never anything left!:rolleyes:

sometimesIt depends on how well I know the host. If I know her well, then I usually know some of the attendees - so yes, I do fix a small plate and converse a little with them (I always rave about something that the host has fixed!). Occasionally, I have a host who has fixed something really interesting or that looks irresistable, so I always try a sample and let her know how delicious it is (I usually ask for the recipe too....) So far, my hosts have all asked me to fix a plate or offered to fix one for me. I don't want to appear snobbish either so I do accept a small plate.

My hosts have always offered me to have a bite but it just depends. If it is a big show I just don't have the time to eat. I hate to have someone ask me a question and my mouth be full:eek: . I just kind of play it by ear. I also don't like to eat late at night and all my parties are at night.

I don't eat at shows either , I'm to busy cleaning up taking orders, I want to get home too ,not hang around. I feel this is a time for the guest to have fun ect so I clean up take the orders and try to get home a decent time .

That's what I thought....I usually don't eat at my parties also. The exceptions have been when I know the host really well and wasn't busy--usually a very small party. I was just curious as to what others are doing! :) Thanks!

Eating At ShowsYes I do eat at Shows and the reason I do this is because in the part of the country I live in if you do not then you offend the host. This is a tradition . I do not want to offend anyone who could be possible hosts in the future. Just a small plate.:)

I have had guests ask me why I was not eating the food, do I know something they do not ? LOL. It depends on the show. Sometimes I do, and some times I do not.

;) Like the above posts, I don't eat at shows unless its part of my family or how well I know the host. I had a party on Friday night ($825 in sales!:D That's just so far, I know I will get her to the thousand dollar mark!) and I was too busy to eat and I really would have felt funny eating since I don't know the host too well. I went thru a drive-thru on my way home because I was starving! That's not good either. I really should eat before shows but I find that I'm too busy getting stuff in the car and saying bye to my kids that I forget about myself. Oh well!

Good thread!:)

I don't eat at my shows as well. The only time I did eat is when I did a show for my sister. Even then I waited for her guests to be finished with the food.

I normally don't even have time to think about eating. The only times I have is if the host brings me a plate with the food.

I dont eat at my shows, I eat something before. I am too busy taking orders when they eat. If they offer I usually say I had it a few times that week testing it out to make sure I had it right for their party!

I eat at my shows. When just depends on the feel of the show? I have joined the guest to eat when i was very comfortable with them or waited until I was finished totaling everyone's orders. I do not think it is rude to eat the host's food even though she purchased the ingredients. I do not want to offen them by not eating what I prepared for them to eat.

I do not eat at my shows mostly because I do not have the time to eat. I want to be available to everyone for whatever they need while I am there.
I learned a long time ago to always have something even if it is a PB&J before I walk out the door!

Some time after I had become a consultant, I was invited to a PC show by an neighbor. She knew I was a PC lady but invited me anyway. After checking with the consultant...whom I of course knew, I decided to go and observe the show.
Here is what I observed.....it was a very hands on show. After all the food was prepared, the consultant loaded (LOADED) up a plate and announced that she would now take orders at her laptop. She proceeded to sit down at her laptop and eat while taking orders. I personally found it very distasteful.

I was mortified that anyone would see that and set in their mind that all PC consultants behaved in this manner. Every consultant has the absolute right to eat or not eat based on each individual situation. I do not eat....and I always remind my hosts and guests that if I ate everything I made I would either have to spend ALL my free time in the gym or weigh 400 lbs!

Just my two cents..
Have a Pampered Day!!

another vote...for no eating at shows. I never eat at my shows, no matter who it is. I feel that I am too busy trying to clean up and take orders to be munching away! I always hear "don't you eat your own cooking?" I comment...of course not, why would I want to eat what I cook? Now, when you join my team, I will come to your shows and eat your food! They always laugh!:D

Usually I do not. But there were times (when my close freinds were hosts and they offer and I am starving so I have a few bites just to tide me over until I get home). But any other host no! Don't feel comfortable and am really busy doing orders and cleaning up.

I do however accept drinks from them if they offer, whether it's soda or alcohal and I am quenched, I have no problem saying sure!

mostly notUsually I do not. But there were times (when my close freinds were hosts and they offer and I am starving so I have a few bites just to tide me over until I get home). But any other host no! Don't feel comfortable and am really busy doing orders and cleaning up.

I do however accept drinks from them if they offer, whether it's soda or alcohal and I am quenched, I have no problem saying sure!:D

I only eat at shows that I know the host well, close friends and family. I will ask for a glass of water before everone get there so I am not bothering the host while the show is going on.

Wow, I'm really in the minority here! I almost always eat at my shows...I can only think of one that I didn't. My hosts have always treated me like a friend, and I usually end up sitting down after the demo with the guests as they're eating and going over catalogs. I guess subconsciously I am eating so I can blend in with them & their conversations...it would feel like hovering and interrupting if I didn't have that plate

Never. My job is to make the recipe--the guests' is to eat. I am working.

I'll eat after the guests leave if it is a good friend hosting. Otherwise just water for me.

1. What is the purpose of the "Discover the Truth: Do People Really Eat at Parties?" party poll?

The purpose of the party poll is to gather data and insights on people's eating habits at parties in order to better understand their preferences and behaviors.

2. Who was included in the party poll results?

The party poll results included a diverse group of individuals of different ages, genders, and backgrounds who have attended parties in the past year.

3. What were the key findings from the party poll?

The key findings from the party poll showed that the majority of people do indeed eat at parties, with appetizers and desserts being the most popular options. It also revealed that people tend to eat more at parties with a variety of food options and where they feel comfortable.

4. How can these party poll results benefit Pampered Chef customers?

These party poll results can benefit Pampered Chef customers by providing them with valuable information and insights on what types of food to serve at their parties, how to create a welcoming atmosphere, and how to cater to their guests' preferences.

5. Are there any other resources available to help customers plan successful parties?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources such as recipes, tips, and tools to help customers plan and host successful parties. Customers can also reach out to their independent Pampered Chef consultant for personalized support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jabis68
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies