• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Navigating Political Correctness: Tips for Speaking About Gender and Region

when I was there with my friend back in the mid 80s. is was so bad, 99% of the town knew I was there within 2 min. of my arrival. and 1/2 came by to see me..She is not a 'TWO-BIT HOOKER' - She is a' LOW COST PROVIDER.'
tlag1986
Gold Member
I saw this and thought of KG:cool:

Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America

Kentuckians, Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred
to as'HILLBILLIES.' You must now refer to them as
APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS .

And furthermore

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:
1. She is not a 'BABE' or a 'CHICK' - She is a
' BREASTED AMERICAN.'

2. She is not 'EASY' - She is
'HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE.'

3. She is not a 'DUMB BLONDE' - She is a
'LIGHT-HAIRED DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY.'

4. She has not 'BEEN AROUND' - She is a
'PREVIOUSLY-ENJOYED COMPANION.'

5. She does not 'NAG' you - She becomes
' VERBALLY REPETITIVE.'

6. She is not a 'TWO-BIT HOOKER' - She is a
' LOW COST PROVIDER.'

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT MEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. He does not have a 'BEER GUT' - He has developed a
'LIQUID GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY.'

2. He is not a 'BAD DANCER' - He is
' OVERLY CAUCASIAN.'

3. He does not 'GET LOST ALL THE TIME' - He
' INVESTIGATES ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS.'

4. He is not 'BALDING' - He is in
'FOLLICLE REGRESSION.'

5. He does not act like a 'TOTAL A**' - He develops a case of
RECTAL-CRANIAL INVERSION.'

6. It's not his 'CRACK' you see hanging out of his pants - It's
'REAR CLEAVAGE.'

HA! HA! These are so funny! Thanks for sharing!

http://lc2.boe.loga.k12.wv.us/manhigh/index.html.

my best friend in the Army was from Man, WV.. from many years ago...

I've been there - you have to want to go to Man because it isn't really on the way to anywhere. However, WV Highway 10 is being rebuilt into a superslab, so I suspect Man will be more than a sleepy crossroads soon.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
http://lc2.boe.loga.k12.wv.us/manhigh/index.html.

The WV high school I graduated from used to play Man High School.. Our mascot was The Lumberjacks & Jills... Is that much better?

when I was there with my friend back in the mid 80s. is was so bad, 99% of the town knew I was there within 2 min. of my arrival. and 1/2 came by to see me..

WLMcCoy said:
The WV high school I graduated from used to play Man High School.. Our mascot was The Lumberjacks & Jills... Is that much better?

Well, a hillbilly is actually a goat. The last 'jack I met was an old goat. lumberjill? Somehow, I can't imagine that at a lumber camp. (I'm reading a book right now about the lumbering in Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota and believe me, there weren't any Jills in those places!)

colegrovet said:
when I was there with my friend back in the mid 80s. is was so bad, 99% of the town knew I was there within 2 min. of my arrival. and 1/2 came by to see me..

I made a wrong turn and stopped at a gas station/convenience store. I'm pretty sure the whole town knew in minutes that there was some foreigner in town. I assured the gas station guy that I was't a narc or revenooer. :)

What is political correctness?

Political correctness refers to the practice of using language or behavior that avoids offending or marginalizing certain groups of people, particularly those who are historically disadvantaged or discriminated against.

Why is political correctness important?

Political correctness is important because it promotes inclusivity and diversity, and helps to create a more respectful and tolerant society. It also allows individuals from marginalized groups to feel safe and valued in their communities.

Does political correctness limit free speech?

No, political correctness does not limit free speech. It simply encourages individuals to be mindful of their words and actions, and to consider the impact they may have on others. Free speech is still protected, but it is important to use it responsibly and respectfully.

What are some examples of politically correct language?

Examples of politically correct language include using gender-neutral terms, avoiding racial slurs or stereotypes, and using person-first language (i.e. saying "person with a disability" instead of "disabled person"). It also involves being mindful of cultural and historical sensitivities.

Is political correctness always necessary?

While political correctness is important, it is not always necessary in every situation. It is important to use common sense and consider the context when determining the appropriate language or behavior. It is also important to have open and respectful dialogue with others to better understand their perspectives and how to communicate effectively with them.

Back