• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Policy Question About a Networking Group

In summary, it's important to clarify with the group leader what is allowed in terms of business listings, and to always respect their guidelines and any potential conflicts of interest within the group.
esavvymom
Staff member
I am looking at joining a local http://mompackages.com/ group and was wondering about what I am allowed to list in their member list?

I know I'm not supposed to put that I'm a PC consultant or my website. The lady in charge said that once I pay, she'll put my information on the website. I'm sure I can ask her not to put my website, but what about the Pampered Chef logo? In a few other area groups where there is a PC Consultant, she has the PC Logo (they use the logos of all the other DS vendors that have one- like Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc) and the name/contact info/website of the consultant.

The weird thing is...I've looked at lots of the other states in the US, and only MY state has listings of who is in the group, and logos, etc for the company they are with. So I think this is a new group and based in NC.

I'm not sure if she'll just list my name, title (??), phone/email if I ask- and have her leave off the Logo so I'm not violating rules.

What do you think??

No on the logo. I'm part of a networking group. Online I simply list myself with my title. Under the business information I list myself as a direct sales company dealing with quality kitchen tools. Hope that helps.

It's always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to listing your business information in any group or directory. In this case, it would be best to ask the group leader what is allowed in terms of business listings. If they have allowed other direct sales companies to list their logos and contact information, then it would be appropriate for you to do the same. However, if they have a strict policy against logos or website listings, then it would be best to adhere to those guidelines. It's also important to consider any potential conflicts of interest with other members or businesses in the group. Ultimately, it's up to the group leader to determine what is allowed in their member list, so it's best to communicate openly with them about your concerns.

1. What is the purpose of a networking group?

A networking group is a gathering of professionals with similar interests and goals, who come together to build relationships, share knowledge and resources, and support each other in achieving professional growth and success.

2. How can I join a networking group?

The process of joining a networking group varies depending on the group. Some groups may require an application or membership fee, while others may be open to all. You can find networking groups through professional organizations, online platforms, or by asking for referrals from colleagues.

3. What are the benefits of joining a networking group?

Joining a networking group offers numerous benefits, such as expanding your professional network, gaining access to valuable resources and information, and learning from the experiences of others. It can also provide opportunities for career growth, mentorship, and collaboration.

4. How often do networking groups meet?

The frequency of networking group meetings can vary, but most groups typically meet once a month. Some may have more frequent or less frequent meetings, depending on the group's structure and goals.

5. Can I start my own networking group?

Yes, you can start your own networking group if you have a specific interest or niche that is not currently being served by existing groups. You can reach out to potential members, set up a meeting schedule, and establish guidelines and goals for the group. It can be a great way to connect with like-minded individuals and build a community around a shared interest or profession.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • RMDave