• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Poached Apple Recipe Ingredient Help

In summary, the best apples to use for poaching are Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Gala. You can use a variety of liquids for poaching such as apple cider, white wine, or cranberry juice, and add spices for extra flavor. It is up to personal preference whether to peel the apples or not, and the cooking time can vary from 15-20 minutes. Poached apples can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
babywings76
Gold Member
My niece contacted me to ask what a good substitute for the Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend would be. She wants to make the Poached Apple recipe that is in the Cooking for 2 cookbook. Any ideas? I own the spice, so I see the list of ingredients, but it would be expensive for her to purchase all those individual spices. Ideas?

At least three PC recipes that use CPSB state that pumpkin pie spice can be used instead.

Okay, thanks! Do most stores sell that in the spice isle? I've never noticed it before.

babywings76 said:
Okay, thanks! Do most stores sell that in the spice isle? I've never noticed it before.

they sure do!

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely help you and your niece out with some suggestions for a substitute for the Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend. One option could be to use a combination of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, which are all common spices found in the blend. Another option could be to use a pre-made pumpkin pie spice, which typically contains similar spices. I hope this helps and your niece is able to enjoy the delicious Poached Apple recipe! Let me know if you have any other questions or need any further assistance. Happy cooking!

What are the best apples to use for poaching?

The best apples to use for poaching are varieties that hold their shape well when cooked, such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Gala. These apples have a nice balance of sweetness and tartness, which pairs well with the poaching liquid.

Can I use any type of liquid for poaching the apples?

Yes, you can use a variety of liquids for poaching apples. Some popular options include apple cider, white wine, or even cranberry juice. You can also add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for extra flavor.

Do I need to peel the apples before poaching them?

It is up to personal preference whether to peel the apples or not. Leaving the skin on can add texture and nutrients to the dish, but peeling the apples will result in a smoother texture. If you choose to leave the skin on, make sure to wash the apples thoroughly before poaching.

How long does it take to poach apples?

The cooking time for poaching apples will vary depending on the size and variety of the apples. Generally, it takes about 15-20 minutes for the apples to become tender, but it is best to check the apples every few minutes to ensure they do not overcook.

Can I make the poached apples ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the poached apples ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat them in the poaching liquid over low heat until warmed through. You can also freeze poached apples for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • whiteyteresa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Intrepid_Chef