• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Tell Me What You Would Do.....it's September 22. I Just

So, it's possible that they'd still get the money if they turn it in 1 week late, but I wouldn't risk it.In summary, the conversation is about a fundraising opportunity for the 3Day Susan G Komen walk where the proceeds have to be mailed to Texas by October 22nd. The consultant is trying to figure out a timeline for the fundraiser and is considering doing a catalog show instead of a cooking show due to time constraints. The consultant is also unsure about how to respond to a request for a show next weekend. Other consultants offer advice and suggestions, and the conversation also includes talk about promotions and past experiences with the 3-Day walk.
DonnaYork
Please tell me what YOU would do.....

It's September 22. I just got an email from someone wanting a fundraiser for the 3Day Susan G Komen walk. The proceeds from the fund raiser have to be in Texas (we are in Georgia and you can't overnight) by October 22nd. Checks are mailed out 'within 10 days of order shipment' according to HO. The way I figure it I would need to close and submit the fundraiser/show by October 9th to have any prayer of it getting to me then to Texas on time.

I thought I'd just overnight the catalogs and order forms in the next day or so (the fund raiser people are 2 hours away from me) they can start getting orders ASAP. I guess, in my mind I figured it would be more of a catalog show type thing than a cooking show especially with the time contraints.

NOW, I get an email asking if I can do the 'show' next weekend. I can't/don't want to (family plans and, as I said, these folks are almost two hours away so it would take the whole day...). I don't know what to say to the guy. I thought about offering to come do a show or just bring some food or something on the day they are to turn in the orders. UGH!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any advice ANYONE could offer would be MOST appreciated!!!!

(Oh, and I am fairly new to the PC family...been a consultant since February.)

Thanks SO much!!

Donna

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you can, please email me with your comments at [email protected] as I am a fulltime paralegal in a law firm and I can't keep the Chef Success window open....;o)

Thanks!

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you have a number to call them? I would pick up the phone and discuss your constraints, and find out what they're looking for. A kickoff with catalog orders after would probably be better, but collecting orders and having a closing party would work too.

Calling and talking about the options is much easier than email.

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Noora! I do, but they just dropped this on me and we both work full time...I will try to call him tonight.

Where in Georgia are you? Will you make Team Leader next week? (I saw that in one of your previous posts. :eek:)

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm in Woodstock, which is currently half covered in water :D

Not Team Leader yet, need another recruit for that, but my new consultant just submitted her $1250/4 shows in her first 30 days.

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG! I KNOW!! I have family in Paulding and Gwinnett!!! We are in Griffin. We are all OK down here.

Congrats on your Senior Consultant status!!! :eek:)

My second recruit is working towards her $1250 which will make me a team leader. It's exciting, but scary too! LOL

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I don't really understand the issue about the check. Just have HO mail it to them directly. Usually the products and check are sent to the same address. You just need to submit it so that it arrives during their time frame (close the show at least 1 to 1 1/2 weeks before and you should be fine).

As far as the show date I would just talk with the organizer and come up with a plan that works for both you and the group.

Congrats on the opportunity.

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!From experience products and checks come about a week apart. If she needs to get it to TX, she can't send the products there. You need to explain to them that the check will come about a week after their order is shipped so to keep that in mind when turning in the order. They may want it to be a September 30th Show at that rate. Is there some way you can go there this Saturday since that is what they want? Just think of the commission if it hits $1,000 (which will boost your sales for the month to the next bracket probably)!

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Also, if the 3-Day still works the same way as before, they actually have 30 days after the walk to come up with the rest of their donation. When I walked several years ago, we had to give a credit card if we hadn't raised the minimum amount, but they wouldn't charge it for 30 days, and we could continue sending in donations after that.

1. What recipes would you recommend for September 22?

For September 22, I would recommend trying out some fall-inspired dishes such as butternut squash soup, apple cider glazed pork chops, or pumpkin spice muffins.

2. Can you suggest any meal ideas for a busy weeknight on September 22?

On a busy weeknight, a quick and easy meal idea for September 22 could be a one-pot pasta dish, stir-fry with your favorite vegetables and protein, or a sheet pan dinner with roasted vegetables and chicken.

3. What are some seasonal ingredients to incorporate into meals on September 22?

Some seasonal ingredients to use for meals on September 22 include apples, pears, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and Brussels sprouts. These ingredients are perfect for fall-inspired dishes.

4. Do you have any suggestions for a special occasion dinner on September 22?

For a special occasion dinner on September 22, I would recommend making a stuffed chicken dish with cranberry and sage, roasted root vegetables, and a decadent dessert like apple crisp or pumpkin cheesecake.

5. Are there any new kitchen gadgets or tools that would be helpful for cooking on September 22?

There are a few new kitchen gadgets that can make cooking on September 22 easier, such as a slow cooker or instant pot for hands-off meals, a vegetable spiralizer for making zucchini noodles, or an air fryer for healthier versions of your favorite fried foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• devilnme
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies