• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Send Some Good Thoughts This Way

In summary, our dog had to be put to sleep tonight because she was 16 1/2 years old and it was her time. My children (10 & 7) are really hurting and this just sucks. I know we'll get through it but it's really hard right now.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
We had to put our dog to sleep tonight. She's 16 1/2 years old and it was her time. My children (10 & 7) are wrecks -- it's really hitting them hard. I know we'll get through it, but to be honest, this just sucks.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. We had to put down 2 dogs almost 5 years ago 2 weeks apart from each other and in the middle of all of that our rabbit died as well. So, 3 animals in 2 weeks. That was so hard! One dog, my hubby's dog (lab mix) was almost 17 and was slowly deteriorating. Couldn't eat w/o leaning against the house. The other, my baby (pomeranian/cocker mix) was I think almost 15 and started all of a sudden bleeding internally.

Let them express their feelings and openly talk about it. Did they get to help bury her or go with when you put her to sleep?
I'm so sad for you and I'm a huge animal lover so I hate to hear about that. My prayers are with you and your family!

Janetupnorth posted this in another thread, I thought it beautiful and perfect for you. I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you and your children. It is so hard on them.

Carol

The Rainbow Bridge

'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'

Oh, Joy! I'm so sorry. I understand your heartache.

(((((hugs)))))

Losing a pet is hard. You're in my thoughts.

I am so sorry Joy. Pets are such a huge part of our families. The pain will pass, but the memories will never fade! You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts.

Joy you and your family are in my prayers. Losing pets is very difficult. They truly love unconditionally, and we need more of that kind of love in out lives.

Oh, Joy, I'm so sorry! We had to put our 12-year-old black lab to sleep in January this year, and I know how hard a decision that is. Our kids are the same ages, and we were all deeply affected by the loss of our family member. I'm thinking of you and hope that you remember her fondly for the wonderful pet she was. ((HUGS))!

My heart is breaking for you and your family.... I know how you are all feeling...We have had to put 2 of our pets down and it is hard. Prayers and hope for your family...

Joy, I'm SO sorry for your loss. It's never easy to say goodbye to a long time friend. I'm sure you will hold her in your heart forever. I'm sending prayers and positive energy for you and your family. Maybe planning a small memorial for her would help your family with the grieving process?

I'm so sorry Joy for your loss. Our other dog passed away 4 1/2 years ago and I still miss him so. We have his great niece who is 4 1/2 who is great but I still have to remind myself that they are not the same and never will be. To this day we still think of our Dusty and talk about him. Saying goodbye is never easy.

Hugs to you and your family.

Oh Joy - I'm so sorry for your loss. May memories of your dog always give you joy - it's such a hard thing to lose a member of your family.

It is so heartwarming to hear there are so many people who truly love their pets -- we had a 12 y.o. dog put down a few years ago and it still saddens me -- could it have really been 10 years ago? I remember Babe" like it was yesterday. Be happy that you were able to share so much of your life with your dog.

Sorry for your loss Joy, it's so sad to lose an important member of your family.

Joy, I am sorry you have lost one of your loved ones. I can only imagine the grief you and your family are experiencing. I am praying GOD gives you comfort and strength during this stormy time.

So sorry for your loss.

I have had to put 6 dogs down in my life and it is never easy. They are like family members, and it's hard. Thoughts and prayers coming your way

Joy, so sorry for your loss. I know it is especially hard on kids. I'm praying for your family.

1. What is "Please Send Some Good Thoughts This Way"?

"Please Send Some Good Thoughts This Way" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that is filled with delicious and easy recipes for all occasions.

2. Who wrote "Please Send Some Good Thoughts This Way"?

The cookbook was written by the team at Pampered Chef, including our talented chefs and recipe developers.

3. What types of recipes can I expect to find in "Please Send Some Good Thoughts This Way"?

The cookbook features a variety of recipes for appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts, all using Pampered Chef's high-quality kitchen tools and ingredients.

4. Can I purchase "Please Send Some Good Thoughts This Way" in stores?

No, "Please Send Some Good Thoughts This Way" is only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website.

5. Are there any special dietary considerations taken into account in "Please Send Some Good Thoughts This Way"?

Yes, the cookbook includes a variety of recipes for special dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • kam