• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for Robin: Leukemia Patient in Need of Bone Marrow Transplant

In summary, the "Pray for Robin" campaign is a way to raise awareness and support for Robin, a leukemia patient in need of a bone marrow transplant. The goal is to gather prayers and positive thoughts for Robin while also spreading information about bone marrow donation. You can help by joining the bone marrow registry, donating to the fund, and keeping Robin in your thoughts and prayers. The process for becoming a donor involves joining the registry, potentially being contacted for further testing, and undergoing a simple procedure. While most healthy individuals can join the registry, there are certain restrictions. You can also support the campaign by sharing Robin's story, organizing fundraising events, or participating in existing ones. Overall, every little bit of support helps in making a difference
MWCOOKIN
Gold Member
Please pray for robin. She is my new consultant who went for regular exam and found out she has leukemia, she has spent 1 month in the hospital getting chemo, it did not help, she is in need of a bone marrow transplant, her brothers are being tested and we await the results. Please keep her family in prayer. They just moved here from n.j. Has no one here but her new cluster mates. Hubby lost job, daughter and son away at college these add more stress on her already exhausted body. I appreciate you thinking of them and lifting them in prayer. Thank you.

Michelle: Prayers definitely! Maybe your cluster could help her by having a fundraiser to help the family.

Wow, had hard! I will pray for them...

How terrible. Cancer is evil--just plain evil. I'll be in prayer for Robin and her family.

We are in the planning FOR A FUNDRAISER FOR ROBIN. Thank you.

Thank you all for your prayers! Please keep her on your prayer list, prayer chains etc.

What is the purpose of the "Pray for Robin" campaign?

The "Pray for Robin" campaign is a way to raise awareness and support for Robin, a leukemia patient in need of a bone marrow transplant. Our goal is to gather as many prayers and positive thoughts for Robin as possible, while also spreading information about bone marrow donation and how it can save lives.

How can I help Robin?

There are several ways to help Robin. You can join the bone marrow registry and potentially become a match for Robin or someone else in need. You can also donate to the "Pray for Robin" fund, which will go towards covering medical expenses and supporting Robin and her family during this difficult time. And of course, you can keep Robin in your thoughts and prayers.

What is the process for becoming a bone marrow donor?

To become a bone marrow donor, you must first join the registry through organizations like Be The Match. This involves filling out a form and providing a cheek swab sample. If you are a potential match for a patient, you will be contacted for further testing. If you are confirmed as a match, you will undergo a simple, outpatient procedure to donate your bone marrow.

Can anyone become a bone marrow donor?

While most healthy individuals between the ages of 18-44 can join the bone marrow registry, there are certain medical conditions and age restrictions that may prevent someone from becoming a donor. It is important to consult with a doctor and the registry organization before joining.

How else can I support the "Pray for Robin" campaign?

You can help spread the word about the campaign and the importance of bone marrow donation by sharing Robin's story on social media and talking to your friends and family about it. You can also organize fundraising events or participate in existing ones to help raise funds for Robin's medical expenses. Every little bit of support helps in making a difference for Robin and others in need of a bone marrow transplant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
nikked
  • SilverCeladon
  • General Chat
Replies