• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My Son: Overcoming Legal Troubles and Finding Redemption in Christ

he refused to come home and faced the consequences. I think with Sam coming home and facing his consequences, this could be a turning point for him.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
Our 19 year old son, Sam, got into trouble with the law about a year ago (drugs, what else), and instead of completing his community service/one year probation, he moved to California (convinced us that he had worked it all out with his probation officer, and since he was over 18 we weren't able to confirm it with her). Praise the Lord, he has finally come to realize he can't live this way, and has decided to come back and face whatever jail time, etc., the court imposes. I JUST purchased his one-way ticket, and he arrives home on Monday, 6/22 (day after Fathers' Day).

Please pray that Sam comes to peace with this decision, and that his legal issues are not as severe as he fears. Most of all, though, please pray this whole experience brings him back to Jesus, and that he grows in his relationship with Him and has a wonderful testimony to help others.

Sarah,

I'm praying for your Son and your family.

There once was a mother with a lost son for years. She continued praying for him and never stopped. He was finally found and was the writer of "Amazing Grace."

Take Care and keep us posted.

I'll be praying, Sarah!

Luke 15:

The Story of the Lost Son
11-12Then he said, "There was once a man who had two sons. The younger said to his father, 'Father, I want right now what's coming to me.'

12-16"So the father divided the property between them. It wasn't long before the younger son packed his bags and left for a distant country. There, undisciplined and dissipated, he wasted everything he had. After he had gone through all his money, there was a bad famine all through that country and he began to hurt. He signed on with a citizen there who assigned him to his fields to slop the pigs. He was so hungry he would have eaten the corncobs in the pig slop, but no one would give him any.

17-20"That brought him to his senses. He said, 'All those farmhands working for my father sit down to three meals a day, and here I am starving to death. I'm going back to my father. I'll say to him, Father, I've sinned against God, I've sinned before you; I don't deserve to be called your son. Take me on as a hired hand.' He got right up and went home to his father.

20-21"When he was still a long way off, his father saw him. His heart pounding, he ran out, embraced him, and kissed him. The son started his speech: 'Father, I've sinned against God, I've sinned before you; I don't deserve to be called your son ever again.'

22-24"But the father wasn't listening. He was calling to the servants, 'Quick. Bring a clean set of clothes and dress him. Put the family ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Then get a grain-fed heifer and roast it. We're going to feast! We're going to have a wonderful time! My son is here—given up for dead and now alive! Given up for lost and now found!' And they began to have a wonderful time.

25-27"All this time his older son was out in the field. When the day's work was done he came in. As he approached the house, he heard the music and dancing. Calling over one of the houseboys, he asked what was going on. He told him, 'Your brother came home. Your father has ordered a feast—barbecued beef!—because he has him home safe and sound.'

28-30"The older brother stalked off in an angry sulk and refused to join in. His father came out and tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't listen. The son said, 'Look how many years I've stayed here serving you, never giving you one moment of grief, but have you ever thrown a party for me and my friends? Then this son of yours who has thrown away your money on whores shows up and you go all out with a feast!'

31-32"His father said, 'Son, you don't understand. You're with me all the time, and everything that is mine is yours—but this is a wonderful time, and we had to celebrate. This brother of yours was dead, and he's alive! He was lost, and he's found!'"

Prayers going your way...

Oh boy, this is close to home. I will be praying for you Sarah and for Sam. I want to tell you so much but there isn't room here. I do want to highlight part of this scripture that Becky posted: 20-21"When he was still a long way off, his father saw him. His heart pounding, he ran out, embraced him, and kissed him. During a similar situation with our oldest daughter, the fact that this father RAN OUT to his son shows such unconditional love...Jesus used that so clearly for me. One thing I always told her was that she could never do anything that would keep Jesus or me from loving her. My heart aches for you and yet I believe that Jesus is rescuing your Sam and as you stand on the porch and look with longing to see his face again... when you do... RUN to him and love him. Tears flow for you, first for all your pain and then in gladness for your coming reunion. My daughter had to be arrested to be rescued by her Savior and I pray that Sam walks the path to full restoration first with Jesus and also with you! Run...just as our Father runs to us when we fail Him, for His love endures forever! Thank you Jesus!

I will be praying for you and for him.

Prayers hon!!! I am watching my little brother go through something similar.

Praying for you and your son, even as I'm praying for my own wayward teen.

Praying for you and Sam during this time. Prayine he is willing to do what God has asked him to do, no matter what it is!

I am praying for your heart's desire, praying that God use this time to bring your son closer to HIM and the family. Praying that God soften the legal system and the hearts of those who decide, and that mercy is shown to your son.

Praying for the strength and peace you will all need while it takes for this process. Rejoice and praise that your son returns, that he has decided to return and make things right. = )

God is GOOD!

Thank you all for your prayers so far. Please continue to pray, and I will keep you updated as things progress.

Reading the responses to this thread brought tears to my eyes - partly for all the love you are showing me and my family, but also for those of you who have gone or are going through similar circumstances. Satan is trying to get a foothold through our children, isn't he? We need to become strong prayer warriors against him.

God's blessings on all of you.

Sending prayers

1. What inspired the creation of "Prayers for My Son"?

The author, a mother, was inspired to write this book after her son faced legal troubles and she turned to prayer for guidance and strength. Through her personal experience, she found that praying for her son's redemption in Christ brought her peace and helped her overcome the difficult situation.

2. Is this book specifically for mothers with sons facing legal troubles?

While the book is written from a mother's perspective, the prayers and reflections in this book can be applied to any loved one going through a difficult time or struggling with legal issues. The author's words of hope and faith can provide comfort and encouragement for any reader.

3. Are there specific prayers for different stages of the legal process?

Yes, the book is divided into sections that correspond to different stages of the legal process, including arrest, court hearings, and imprisonment. Each section contains prayers and reflections to help guide and support both the reader and their loved one during that specific stage.

4. Can this book be used as a daily devotional?

Yes, "Prayers for My Son" can be used as a daily devotional. Each prayer and reflection is concise and can be read in a short amount of time. The book also includes a scripture index for those who want to incorporate Bible verses into their daily prayer routine.

5. Is this book only for Christians?

While the book is written from a Christian perspective and includes Bible verses and prayers, the author's message of hope and redemption can be appreciated by readers of any faith or belief system. The book focuses on the power of prayer and trusting in a higher power during difficult times, which can be applicable to anyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • momoftwins
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • dannyzmom