• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What happened to my dad? Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

In summary, my mom just called to say that dad's in the hospital. He fell and has no feeling on the left side of his body. They're scheduled to have surgery to take care of the narrowing of his carotid artery. They're positive he'll be okay, but we'll keep everyone in our prayers.
raebates
Staff member
My mom just called. Dad's in the hospital.

About 5 a.m. Dad woke up from a nightmare. He fell getting out of bed and called out to Mom. (They sleep in separate rooms.) He said there was someone in bed with him. She assumed that was part of his dream. It wasn't. He has no feeling on the left side of his body. He had reached over with his right hand and felt his left arm, but since there was no feeling in that arm it seemed to belong to someone else.

He can walk, and he can lift his left arm. He can't really use his hand, though. She took him to the ER, and they've put him in a room. They don't know if he's had a stroke, is getting ready to have a stroke, or is experiencing heart trouble.

He's in good spirits--joking with the nurses. He's 86 years old with a history of small strokes and coronary problems, so it could be just about anything. No one seems overly concerned, though.

Thanks for the prayers.

BIG Prayers that this is a minor blip and will easily be healed. (((Hugs))) for you too Rea!

He's in my prayers, Rae!

Prayers to you and your family!

Thanks! This is one of the reasons I love CS.

Prayers for your family, Rae! That must have been frightening to him!

prayers being sent.....

Oh, Rae. Praying for your father and the rest of your family!

Praying for your father, mother, you, & your family!

I will definitely keep your family, especially your dad, in my prayers. Hopefully they will find out what is going on and all can breath a little easier.

Our prayers are with you and your family. Let's hope it is nothing that can't be helped.

Thanks for the prayers. Talked with Mom and Dad both. They have an MRI schedule for later today. They know he has some narrowing of the carotid artery. They're scheduling surgery for tomorrow to take care of that. Everyone is sure he'll be just fine. I'd appreciate your continued prayers, though. As I said before, he's 86 and in good, but not excellent, health. He's beginning to get feeling back in his arm, which is a really good sign and makes him feel much better.

Prayers to you and your family!

May the Lord guide the hands of all in the operating room.

Don't know how I missed your thread earlier Rae but I am sending oodles of good thoughts your way for you and your family. Your Dad sounds like a real trooper!!!

Praying for your Dad and Mom and you too! HUGS!

Prayers coming your way Rae that your dad has a quick and smooth recovery!

Praying for your dad and loved ones....a speedy recovery, no lingering issues.

Sending prayers to your Dad, and to you as well

Just heard from Mom. Dad's surgery went well. The doctor told her that during the procedure the nurses were telling him some of the jokes Dad had been telling. He could be home tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayer.

Rae: That is awesome...thank you for the update. More prayers answered!!

Rae,
I'm sorry to hear about your dad's problems. Glad the surgery went well. Prayers for his continued rebound.

raebates said:
My mom just called. Dad's in the hospital.

About 5 a.m. Dad woke up from a nightmare. He fell getting out of bed and called out to Mom. (They sleep in separate rooms.) He said there was someone in bed with him. She assumed that was part of his dream. It wasn't. He has no feeling on the left side of his body. He had reached over with his right hand and felt his left arm, but since there was no feeling in that arm it seemed to belong to someone else.

He can walk, and he can lift his left arm. He can't really use his hand, though. She took him to the ER, and they've put him in a room. They don't know if he's had a stroke, is getting ready to have a stroke, or is experiencing heart trouble.

He's in good spirits--joking with the nurses. He's 86 years old with a history of small strokes and coronary problems, so it could be just about anything. No one seems overly concerned, though.

Thanks for the prayers.

Rae, I will totally pray for your Dad, and for you- haven't read the whole thread yet...(please feel free to PM me on Facebook so I can pray for you about these things, since I rarely come to CS) :)

May god guide those who care for your dad to use their knowledge and god's guidance to heal him.

I will be praying for your dad.

Thanks for the prayers. Dad's recovering well. He'll need to do some therapy to get full use of his hand back. It's a little weak. Other than that he's good.

1. What is the "Please Keep My Dad in Prayer" campaign?

The "Please Keep My Dad in Prayer" campaign is a fundraising effort by Pampered Chef to support fathers who are currently battling cancer. We believe in the power of prayer and want to show our love and support to these dads and their families during this difficult time.

2. How can I participate in the campaign?

You can participate in the campaign by purchasing specific Pampered Chef products marked with a "Please Keep My Dad in Prayer" sticker. For every qualifying purchase made, a portion of the proceeds will go towards supporting the campaign and the families in need.

3. Can I make a donation without purchasing a product?

Yes, you can make a direct donation to the "Please Keep My Dad in Prayer" campaign through our website. Simply click on the "Donate Now" button and follow the instructions to make a contribution of any amount.

4. How will the funds be used?

All funds raised through the "Please Keep My Dad in Prayer" campaign will be used to provide financial and emotional support to the families of fathers battling cancer. This may include covering medical expenses, providing meals, or offering other forms of assistance as needed.

5. Can I nominate a dad to receive support from the campaign?

Currently, we are not accepting nominations for individual families to receive support from the campaign. However, we are continuously looking for ways to expand our reach and help more families in need. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • PC For Me 2 Move Out
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PC For Me 2 Move Out
  • esavvymom