• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Struggling to Find Hosts for My HWC Show!

In summary, new consultant is having a hard time booking shows for the summer due to the kids out of school and vacations. She suggests hosting a show at your house and implementing a pre-shop and giving away gifts as host benefits. She suggests contacting businesses you've dealt with in the past and asking them to help you network. She also suggests doing a mystery hostess show and two regular hostess shows.
dme.grant
EEK! I need a little help please!

I don't have any shows booked this month and it's like pulling teeth to get people to commit to anything at all for the next two months. I'm still pretty new, so is it just the time of year?
I keep hearing, "I have finals", "the kids schedule is crazy right now", "we're going on vacation", "everyone I know is going out of town", etc., etc.

I've put together a HWC fundraiser online, and emailed all my contacts and facebooked about it too. I was hoping that would drum up a little something, but so far...zilch. I'm new to our area, and haven't held a show here yet, so I don't have any past customers I can call and ask to host again. My neighbor has said she'll do something at the end of the month, but I haven't been able to get hold of her since we talked to finalize a date, and another friend said she would ask friends to see what the interest is before she commits to hosting.

I thought about hosting a re-grand opening/new to the neighborhood open house, but I've never had much luck with those in the past.

I'm at my wits end!!! I really want that tote!!! :)

Please help!!! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely do a show at your house. New neighbor, HWC... Invite the neighbors (personally) and everyone you have met so far. Do prizes. Give tickets for bringing a friend or outside order, ordering, booking a show...Do you buy Christmas, birthday, etc gifts? Any weddings coming up? Pre shop and put together a catalog show. My family are all getting MFPs, veggie weevers and mini mix n scrapers. Any month I NEED sales I will put orders in their names for their gifts. If I don't need to before that they'll be a catalog show in November.Another idea is Pamper a Business. Take catalogs to a local business and ask them to shop. Tell them you'll be back in a few days with a treat for them.Call your realtor or any other businesses you've dealt with since moving and ask them to help you network by hosting.

Do 2 shows and try to do it in the next 7-10 days. Do a night HWC mystery hostess show and a day HWC mystery hostess show. It's what I would tell my very newest consultants. Friday and Saturday work well because everyone has money in their pockets on the weekends. Let everyone know that the sale of the Pink HWC items will go to...(ACS)...

Then ask EVERYONE to bring guests because you want this to be low pressure and lots of fun! Obviously the guests will probably book shows. Then a few days later draw a name from each show and give away all or part of the host benefits. Go to seach and type in Mystery host for more details.

You can do this:)

Thanks so much for the great ideas! And today I got two orders placed via facebook and over the phone, so I'm getting there!
It's always so nice coming on here and getting wonderful ideas from some great people.
Thank you and I hope you both have a great weekend!

I Just wanted to say that I'm new to Pampered Chef also but from past experience with other home-based business companies that I've been a part of - the summer months are the hardest to get bookings! DO NOT aim for weekend bookings because you probably will not get them. The kids are out of school and vacations will be happening and most likely those vacations will begin mid to end of week and end at the end of the weekend or the beginning of the following week. Offer up week day parties and if the host wants a weekend party he/she will tell you... but also try to remind your host that just because his/her weekend is free his/her friends/neighbors/other family may not be available so he/she may have to chase people around for orders because they may be to busy to show up. And also, people love to cook out in the summer so if it gets down to the point where you have no other choice just do a grilling show! Nice way to book those June parties since the grilling tools are on host special.

Have you checked your local papers for craft fairs/festivals/ booths/ I tend to do well with those at getting leads and sales. Last weekend I had over $200 in sales. But mostly it is great for bookings! I don't have time to make 3 calls a night and am able to submit my two shows a month. Good luck!

OK, so I've had a bit of a break. My fundraiser is at $137.50 and I still have several orders coming in on that. And my neighbor has set a date for her show.
When I first started PC we were down in Virginia, and I used to do booths A LOT!! That was how I got most of my business. But, up here, I don't find out about things until after they're already full of vendors. It's so frustrating. I think maybe a lot of the organizers already know the vendors they want and don't even have to publish anything, they just call who they know. I did manage to get a table at a local fair through our library in August though, so I'm excited about that one

On a VERY good note, one of my recruits is over $1300 on her first show (up in Alaska!!), and I'm so excited for her!!!

1. How can I find hosts for my HWC show?

One of the best ways to find hosts for your HWC show is to reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances who may be interested in hosting a party. You can also post on social media or reach out to your network through email or phone calls. Don't be afraid to ask for referrals or to offer incentives for hosting a party.

2. What can I do if I am struggling to find hosts?

If you are having trouble finding hosts, try reaching out to local organizations, community groups, or even schools. You can also consider hosting a virtual party or collaborating with other consultants to co-host a show. Don't give up, and keep actively promoting your business and the benefits of hosting a party.

3. How can I make hosting a show more appealing to potential hosts?

One way to make hosting a show more attractive is to offer incentives for hosting, such as free products, discounts, or exclusive offers. You can also highlight the benefits of hosting, such as trying new recipes, earning free products, and spending quality time with friends and family.

4. What should I include in my pitch to potential hosts?

When pitching to potential hosts, be sure to emphasize the benefits of hosting a party, such as trying new products, earning free products, and having a fun and interactive event. You can also mention any special offers or incentives you are offering, as well as the convenience of hosting a virtual party.

5. How can I follow up with potential hosts who have expressed interest?

Following up with potential hosts is crucial in securing a booking. Be sure to stay in touch with them through email, phone calls, or social media, and remind them of the benefits of hosting a party. You can also offer to answer any questions they may have and provide them with more information about the products and party planning process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • donnajocooper