• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Testing the Pineapple Upside Down Cake in Microwave

In summary, a recipe calls for 1 stick butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1 medium can of crushed pineapple. This goes in the pan first. Then the cake mix is mixed and 3 eggs and 16 oz of sour cream are added. It doesn't say anything about oil, but I would guess that it would not be necessary because of the fats in the butter and sour cream. I've never made this, but it sounds like it would be a delicious and easy recipe to follow.
ajnewchef
I want to test the pineapple upside down microwave cake in the fluted stone. the recipe I have calls for 1 stick of butter 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 medium can of crushed pinapple. This goes in the pan first. then the cake mix 3 eggs and 16 oz of sour cream. It doesn't say anything about oil. Has anyone tried this recipe? I was wondering if I should add oil to the cake mix or not.

Never made this, but my guess is that you may not need oil. You have butter and sour cream which are both fats and may eliminate the need for oil.

never tried it but this is what I got from here. I don't see anything about sour cream. Just to make the cake mix as directed except using pineapple juice instead of water. Hope this helps:pineapple upside down cake in the microwave:1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) melted
1 cup brown sugarMix the two together, spread evenly in the bottom of the stoneware fluted pan
top with pineapple slices (did this at all my shows in feb. and used the Pineapple wedger and FRESH PINEAPPLE!) BIG HIT. Arrange the pineapple wedges together to form circles. Place 1 marracino cherry in the middle of each one.Mix cake mix according to package directions substituting the water with pineapple juice.
Pour over top of pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture.Microwave on high 10-12 minutes............
flip out onto serving platter

I often use sour cream in place of the oil and water and the cakes turn out great.

General cake mixture: dry cake mix, 3 eggs, 16 oz sour cream (no oil). I don't see why it wouldn't work for a pineapple upside down cake.

Thanks everyone!! I am going to give it a try today at work. :) I'll let you know how it turns out. I made a strawberry cheesecake microwave cake and a chocolate lava cake at work last week. :) They were awesome!!!

I've never made it in the fluted stone, but I just posted a recipe for this using the DCB.

Ok I just made it!! It turned out AWESOME and LOOKS great. I didn't need any oil!! Here is the recipe I used:

Pineapple upside down Cake

1 Stick butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 medium siz can crushed pineapple

Compine these ingredients in the 8" or 10" saute skillet (I put it in batter bowl and microwaved it) until butter is melted and brown sugar dissolved. In 2 qt Batter bowl, mix a duncan heinz pineapple cake mix with 3 eggs and 16 oz sour cream. Pour tepid mixture of skillet into fluted pan and spoon cake mixture on top. Microwave for 12-13 minutes. Let rest 10-15 min and unmold and serve with whipped topping if desired.

1. Can I use any type of pineapple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use either canned pineapple rings or fresh pineapple slices for this recipe. Just make sure to drain the canned pineapple well and pat the fresh pineapple slices dry before using them in the recipe.

2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Just make sure to use a blend that is specifically designed for baking and follow the recommended measurement conversions for substituting all-purpose flour.

3. How long should I microwave the cake for?

The cooking time may vary depending on your microwave's wattage, but on average, it should take about 8-10 minutes for the cake to cook through. You can check the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center - if it comes out clean, the cake is done.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a variety of fruits for this recipe, such as peaches, cherries, or apples. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly if using different fruits. You can also add some cinnamon or other spices to enhance the flavor.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave. Just store it in an airtight container and reheat it for about 30 seconds to a minute, depending on the size of the slice, until it is warm and gooey again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • raebates