• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering the Unique Benefits of Color Coated Knives

In summary, the color coated knives are popular for their trendy appearance and affordability, making them great for college students. They also have a coating to prevent browning and are a good introduction to the brand's knives. While the coating may eventually wear off, the knives still come with a warranty. There are resources available for comparing the different knife collections and for accessing past catalogs. The coating also adds a non-stick feature to the knives, as mentioned in the catalog.
maddy123
I am wondering if anyone can explain to me why are the color coated knives color coated, what makes them special?
I had a customer ask me and had no idea how to respond to her.
thank you so much

maddy123 said:
I am wondering if anyone can explain to me why are the color coated knives color coated, what makes them special?
I had a customer ask me and had no idea how to respond to her.
thank you so much

They are colored to be trendy! Thats all, they are also reasonably priced so so they are good for kids going off to college etc.....HTH

I think they are coated so that your veggies aren't exposed directly to the metal, so they don't brown. I don't think they are as high quality as the forged cutlery, and also the coating will eventually flake off.

The tomoato knife is awesome!

I get asked that all the time. I tell people it's so that they'll look cute. They're also a great introduction to our knives--a great starter set.The coating won't flake off, but it will wear off with time. That's why they don't have a lifetime warranty.

I tell people it's so they're easier to find in your drawer (or Tool Turn About!)

I am trying to upload page 9 from the Sept 08 CN - it's all about the 3 knife collections and the differences and features of each but the upload keeps failing. If you still have that CN the info is there.

There is a download called "Anatomy of a Knife" behind CC that compares all three lines and shows how they are different. That will help you greatly.Or, the page in the CN that Carolyn referenced is also available behind CC.

I am almost sure that our little trick to get the specials ahead of time, also works on CN, go to a Sept. & change 09 to 08 & it should caom up. Sometimes when I'm thinking about an old host/guest special I'll do that....:)

Ginger, I don't get the little trick...don't see a place on CN where we can actually type something in to change the date...

I thought the coating was also to make them non-stick (at least that's what it says in the catalog - that they are non-stick, not necessarily that that's the reason they are colored).

True. I always forget that that's also part of the appeal.

1. What makes color coated knives unique?

Color coated knives are unique because they not only have a sharp blade for precision cutting, but they also come in a variety of vibrant colors. This not only adds a fun and stylish element to your kitchen, but it also helps with food safety by reducing the risk of cross-contamination.

2. What are the benefits of using color coated knives?

Aside from the aesthetics, color coated knives have many practical benefits. The color coding makes it easy to quickly identify which knife to use for specific types of food, such as red for meat and green for vegetables. This helps to prevent the transfer of flavors and bacteria from one food to another. Additionally, the non-stick coating on the blade helps food slide off easily and makes for easy cleaning.

3. Are color coated knives dishwasher safe?

Yes, our color coated knives are dishwasher safe. However, to maintain the sharpness of the blade and the vibrant color, we recommend hand washing them with warm, soapy water and drying them immediately after use.

4. Can color coated knives be used for all types of food?

While color coated knives are suitable for most food types, they may not be the best option for cutting through hard or frozen foods. Using them on hard surfaces, such as cutting through bones, can also damage the non-stick coating. We recommend using a separate knife for these types of tasks.

5. How long do color coated knives typically last?

The lifespan of color coated knives depends on how well they are cared for and how frequently they are used. With proper care, they can last for many years. However, regular sharpening may be necessary to maintain their sharpness over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Kenzie09
  • Products and Tips
Replies