• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please help.

maddy123

Novice Member
May 31, 2009
I am wondering if anyone can explain to me why are the color coated knives color coated, what makes them special?
I had a customer ask me and had no idea how to respond to her.
thank you so much

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
I am wondering if anyone can explain to me why are the color coated knives color coated, what makes them special?
I had a customer ask me and had no idea how to respond to her.
thank you so much

They are colored to be trendy! Thats all, they are also reasonably priced so so they are good for kids going off to college etc.....HTH

niclowther

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2009
I think they are coated so that your veggies aren't exposed directly to the metal, so they don't brown. I don't think they are as high quality as the forged cutlery, and also the coating will eventually flake off.

The tomoato knife is awesome!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I get asked that all the time. I tell people it's so that they'll look cute. They're also a great introduction to our knives--a great starter set.

The coating won't flake off, but it will wear off with time. That's why they don't have a lifetime warranty.

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
I am trying to upload page 9 from the Sept 08 CN - it's all about the 3 knife collections and the differences and features of each but the upload keeps failing. If you still have that CN the info is there.

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
There is a download called "Anatomy of a Knife" behind CC that compares all three lines and shows how they are different. That will help you greatly.

Or, the page in the CN that Carolyn referenced is also available behind CC.

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
I am almost sure that our little trick to get the specials ahead of time, also works on CN, go to a Sept. & change 09 to 08 & it should caom up. Sometimes when I'm thinking about an old host/guest special I'll do that....:)

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
Ginger, I don't get the little trick...don't see a place on CN where we can actually type something in to change the date...

MLinAZ

Gold Member
May 7, 2009
I thought the coating was also to make them non-stick (at least that's what it says in the catalog - that they are non-stick, not necessarily that that's the reason they are colored).