1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Please help.

1. maddy123

maddy123 Novice Member

I am wondering if anyone can explain to me why are the color coated knives color coated, what makes them special?
    I had a customer ask me and had no idea how to respond to her.
    thank you so much

Jul 12, 2009
  2. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

They are colored to be trendy! Thats all, they are also reasonably priced so so they are good for kids going off to college etc.....HTH

Jul 12, 2009
  3. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I think they are coated so that your veggies aren't exposed directly to the metal, so they don't brown. I don't think they are as high quality as the forged cutlery, and also the coating will eventually flake off.

The tomoato knife is awesome!

Jul 12, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I get asked that all the time. I tell people it's so that they'll look cute. They're also a great introduction to our knives--a great starter set.

The coating won't flake off, but it will wear off with time. That's why they don't have a lifetime warranty.

Jul 12, 2009
  5. KristinS

KristinS Member

I tell people it's so they're easier to find in your drawer (or Tool Turn About!)

Jul 12, 2009
  6. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

I am trying to upload page 9 from the Sept 08 CN - it's all about the 3 knife collections and the differences and features of each but the upload keeps failing. If you still have that CN the info is there.

Jul 12, 2009
  7. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

There is a download called "Anatomy of a Knife" behind CC that compares all three lines and shows how they are different. That will help you greatly.

Or, the page in the CN that Carolyn referenced is also available behind CC.

Jul 12, 2009
  8. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I am almost sure that our little trick to get the specials ahead of time, also works on CN, go to a Sept. & change 09 to 08 & it should caom up. Sometimes when I'm thinking about an old host/guest special I'll do that....:)

Jul 12, 2009
  9. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

Ginger, I don't get the little trick...don't see a place on CN where we can actually type something in to change the date...

Jul 13, 2009
  10. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

I thought the coating was also to make them non-stick (at least that's what it says in the catalog - that they are non-stick, not necessarily that that's the reason they are colored).

Jul 14, 2009
  11. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

True. I always forget that that's also part of the appeal.

Jul 14, 2009
Have something to add?