• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Have These PC Show Recipes? Hot Crab Dip & Coca-Cola Cake

In summary, the ladies are looking for a crab dip recipe and a cake that uses Coca Cola to make it. Neither recipe has been found on the site, but the ladies have seen them at PC shows and would like to try them. The crab dip recipe is called Cheesy Crab Dip and the cake is called a cake made in the microwave that you use Coca Cola to make. The cake mix can be either a chocolate or a yellow cake and the whipped topping can be either a dollop of Cool Whip Free or powdered sugar.
k1tchng0ddess
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had the following recipes that 2 prospective hosts have requested:
1) Hot Crab Dip
2) A cake made in the microwave that you use Coca-Cola to make???

Both ladies told me that they had these items at PC shows and would like to make them. Has anyone ever heard of these? I did a search on the site, but I came up empty.
Thanks in advance,
Barbara;)

Guessing here....
Crab Rangoon Dip

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
1/2 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat
1 green onion with top (about 1/4 cup thinly sliced)
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

Crispy Wonton Chips (optional)

Directions:
1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and garlic pressed with Garlic Press using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Add Swiss cheese; mix until well blended. Spread cream cheese mixture over bottom of Mini-Baker.

2. Spoon sweet and sour sauce over cream cheese mixture. Coarsely chop crabmeat using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-6 minutes or until outside edges of dip are bubbly and dip is heated through.

3. Meanwhile, thinly slice green onion using Santoku Knife. Sprinkle dip with green onion and almonds. Serve dip warm using Small Bamboo Spoon with Crispy Wonton Chips, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings (about 3 1/2 cups)

Nutrients per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If your microwave oven does not have a turntable, rotate baker halfway through microwave time.

To toast almonds, place almonds in Small Micro-Cooker(R); microwave 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely.

Crispy Wonton Chips

32 square wonton wrappers
Vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut wonton wrappers in half diagonally; arrange half of the wontons in a single layer on Large Round Stone. Spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
2. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove chips from baking stone; cool completely. Repeat with remaining wontons. Serve with Bamboo Tongs.
Yield: 64 chips (16 servings)

Nutrients per serving: Light (4 chips): Calories 45, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 90 mg, Fiber 0 g​

Here's the Hot Crab Dip I have used. It was in the SB Fall/Winter 2003.

It is called Cheesy Crab Dip. This is the one I have been using for years (before I became a consultant).

It is better with real crab meat (I think), but the last time I made it, I used imitation and everyone still liked it.

Attachments

• Cheesy Crab Dip.doc
    21 KB · Views: 316
The cake with coke would be this. You take any kind of cake mix and add a can of diet pop and mix it and bake (or microwave) for a low fat cake. Like chocolate cake mix with diet coke/pepsi, or a yellow cake with diet sprite/7-up, pineapple upside down with diet sprite... the possibilities are endless. It also figures up to 2 points for Weight Watchers (depending on the size of pieces). HTH!

Thanks Ladies, you've all been very helpful! Does the soda cake really taste good???? The person I spoke to was raving about it! LOL

Yes, the recipe w/the soda does taste good. I originally heard of that recipe when I was doing weight watchers.

Ooooohhhh... I've never heard of the soda cake. I wonder how chocolate cake w/diet Dr. Pepper would be... I love chocolate/cherry cake. I might have to try this one tonight!

do you still put in the oil, water, and eggs?

No you do not have to use any of the other ingredients. Just the cake mix and diet soda. When I use the microwave in the fluted bunt pan, I will cook it for about 9 to 10 minutes though

The cake is a little denser (I think that's the right description) than normal cake, but very good and low in fat and calories (that's why you don't use the other ingredients).... You can also use a spice cake mix with a can of pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix) and put it in muffin pan and each muffin is either 1 or 2 points (weight watchers) and it's very good. And the Cool Whip Free whipped topping is 0 points, so you can just put on a dollop of that and you're good to go! or sprinkle a little powdered sugar... Very good! I'm feeling the need for dessert now!

What type of recipe can I find on Pampered Chef's website?

At Pampered Chef, we have a wide variety of recipes available on our website. From appetizers and main dishes to desserts and drinks, we have something for everyone. You can also find recipes for specific dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or vegetarian options.

How do I search for a specific recipe on Pampered Chef's website?

To search for a specific recipe on our website, simply click on the search bar at the top of the page and type in keywords related to the recipe you are looking for. You can also filter your search by ingredients, meal type, and more to find the perfect recipe for your needs.

Do I need to create an account to access recipes on Pampered Chef's website?

No, you do not need to create an account to access recipes on our website. However, creating an account will allow you to save your favorite recipes, create shopping lists, and access exclusive content and promotions.

Can I submit my own recipe to be featured on Pampered Chef's website?

Yes, we love to see and share new recipes from our customers! You can submit your own recipe on our website by clicking on the "Submit a Recipe" button on the recipe page. Our team will review and potentially feature your recipe on our website and social media.

Are the recipes on Pampered Chef's website tested and approved?

Yes, all of the recipes on our website have been tested and approved by our team of culinary experts. We only feature recipes that meet our high standards for taste, quality, and ease of preparation. You can trust that any recipe you find on our website will turn out delicious and reliable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MomsKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jessamary
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies