• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Recipe for Chocolate Cake & Peanut Butter

In summary, you can use any type of chocolate for the cake, but using high-quality chocolate will result in a richer cake. You can substitute almond butter for peanut butter, use gluten-free flour, and any type of cake pan as long as it is the correct size. You can also make this cake ahead of time and freeze it for up to 2-3 months.
sweetl74
Hi all,

I'm looking for the recipe for the chocolate cake and peanut butter on the front page of the new catelog. I had one but lost it and I was going to make it today for our traditional christmas tree decorating party. If anyone has it please email it to me at [email protected] with the ingredients and the directions. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Laurie

Hi Laurie,I don't have the exact recipe, but here's a similar one that you can try:Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butterDirections:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the water, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top.
6. In a small bowl, microwave the peanut butter for about 30 seconds, or until it becomes a pourable consistency.
7. Drizzle the peanut butter over the cake batter and use a toothpick or knife to swirl it into the batter.
8. Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool before serving. Enjoy!Hope this helps and happy holidays!

Hi Laurie,

I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and I would be happy to help you with the recipe for the chocolate cake and peanut butter. I'm sorry to hear that you lost the recipe, but don't worry, I have it right here for you!

Chocolate Cake & Peanut Butter Recipe:

Ingredients:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate cake mix, peanut butter, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
3. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let the cake cool before serving.

I hope this helps and that you have a great time at your Christmas tree decorating party! If you have any other questions or need more recipes, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Happy cooking!

Best,
- Pampered Chef Consultant

1. Can I use any type of chocolate for the cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the cake. However, using high-quality chocolate will result in a richer and more decadent cake.

2. Can I substitute almond butter for the peanut butter?

Yes, you can substitute almond butter for the peanut butter if you have a nut allergy or prefer the taste of almonds. Just be sure to use the same amount of almond butter as the recipe calls for peanut butter.

3. Can I use gluten-free flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use gluten-free flour for this recipe. However, the texture and taste of the cake may be slightly different than if you use regular flour.

4. Do I need to use a specific type of cake pan for this recipe?

It is recommended to use a 9-inch round cake pan for this recipe. However, you can use any type of cake pan as long as it is the appropriate size and the batter is evenly distributed.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time and freeze it?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and freeze it for up to 2-3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • smartcookie