• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Help Me Put a Basket Together

In summary, the conversation is about a parent asking for help in deciding what products to include in a basket for a school auction. The suggested amount for the basket is between $75 and $100 and it is recommended to include a gift certificate and a catalog with the products. Suggestions for products to include in the basket are given, such as the prep bowl set, batter bowl, recipe books, and kitchen tools. It is also mentioned to include a letter with information about hosting a party and a special offer for hosting in March.
ilovpc
Gold Member
My son's school is having an auction and they asked parents for donations and I told them I will donate a basket with PC items. I've never done something like this so I am asking you to please help me decide what to include in the basket.

I was thinking that the basket should be worth between $75 and $100 in products. Do you think this is a good amount? Or should I do more or less? Also, I would like to know if I should include a gift certificate (good only with me) and or some type of coupon? And, can I include a new/old catalog or just a business card? Also, how about adding a label with my contact info to the product/boxes?

Below is a list of products I have available for the basket. Which ones would you include in this basket? :)

Kitchen Spritzer - $12.50
1-cup Prep Bowl Set - $21.50
TPC Easy & Impressive Appetizer Recipe Book - $7.50
TPC More Weekday Dinners - Done! - $6.50
Mini-Serving Spatula - $5.50
TPC Season's Best Recipe Book - $1.00
Citrus Peeler - $1.00
Coconut Lime or Cherry Almond Sauce - $10
2 qts. Collapsible Bowl - $16.50
Outdoor Party Sticks - $39.00
Classic Batter Bowl - 15.50
SA Med. Square Plates - $22.00
Cutting Bar Board - $9.50
Food Chopper - $31.00
Citrus Press - $18.50
Measuring Cup Set - $15.00
2-cup Prep Bowls - $15.50

Thank you all for your help!:chef:

I usually just give a gift certificate redeemable thru me...that way you get to talk with the winner and they may want to order additional items!

If it were me..I would go with either the prep bowls or batter bowl. One of the cookbooks and then a gift certificate. I always put a business card in it.

Did they specify the value of the basket? If not....This is just my opinion, but I would do 2 seperate baskets worth $40.00 to $50.00 a piece or 3 baskets each worth $30.00 to $40.00. That way you get your name out there more times and the baskets can be more targeted to a specific grouping.
Here are some groupings of baskets you could put together and add whatever little stuff you want:
1. Both Prep Bowl Sets
2. Chopper, the Cutting Board, and the Measuring Cups
3. Batter Bowl, a Recipe Book, and a sauce if there is a recipe for it in the book
4. Mini-Serving Spatula, Square Plates, and a sauce
The combinations are endless......have fun!!! I would definitely add a catalog and anything else that has your name on it!!!

From the list you have and the amount you listed I think I would do a little less and do the batter bowl, chopper and cutting board with the Seasons Best. That gives anybody our hardest working products. And don't forget to include a catalog with a coupon inside for 10-15% off an order or an extra $$$ amount off when they host.

ilovpc said:
My son's school is having an auction and they asked parents for donations and I told them I will donate a basket with PC items. I've never done something like this so I am asking you to please help me decide what to include in the basket.

I was thinking that the basket should be worth between $75 and $100 in products. Do you think this is a good amount? Or should I do more or less? Also, I would like to know if I should include a gift certificate (good only with me) and or some type of coupon? And, can I include a new/old catalog or just a business card? Also, how about adding a label with my contact info to the product/boxes?

Below is a list of products I have available for the basket. Which ones would you include in this basket? :)

Kitchen Spritzer - $12.50
1-cup Prep Bowl Set - $21.50
TPC Easy & Impressive Appetizer Recipe Book - $7.50
TPC More Weekday Dinners - Done! - $6.50
Mini-Serving Spatula - $5.50
TPC Season's Best Recipe Book - $1.00
Citrus Peeler - $1.00
Coconut Lime or Cherry Almond Sauce - $10
2 qts. Collapsible Bowl - $16.50
Outdoor Party Sticks - $39.00
Classic Batter Bowl - 15.50
SA Med. Square Plates - $22.00
Cutting Bar Board - $9.50
Food Chopper - $31.00
Citrus Press - $18.50
Measuring Cup Set - $15.00
2-cup Prep Bowls - $15.50

Thank you all for your help!:chef:

I just did a basket that was going in a raffle at a Junior League meeting I was going to and put in a Classic Batter Bowl, Itty Bitty Bevs Marg mix, Basting Brush, Quikut knives, Season's Best and a catalog with a letter letting them know the benefits of hosting a party and the Host Special for March.

I just donated to my daughter's school and I split it into three baskets, included a catalog and $15 gift certificate with each, hoping to generate some leads!

forever their mom said:
Did they specify the value of the basket? If not....This is just my opinion, but I would do 2 seperate baskets worth $40.00 to $50.00 a piece or 3 baskets each worth $30.00 to $40.00. That way you get your name out there more times and the baskets can be more targeted to a specific grouping.
Here are some groupings of baskets you could put together and add whatever little stuff you want:
1. Both Prep Bowl Sets
2. Chopper, the Cutting Board, and the Measuring Cups
3. Batter Bowl, a Recipe Book, and a sauce if there is a recipe for it in the book
4. Mini-Serving Spatula, Square Plates, and a sauce
The combinations are endless......have fun!!! I would definitely add a catalog and anything else that has your name on it!!!

No Judith, they did not specify a value. I like the idea of doing two baskets :D and love the groupings too.
Thank you!!!

I hope I can finished the two basket tonight. I don't have the baskets or the wraping paper yet. All I have is the products :D

More quetions. Do you give the empty boxes in a separate bag? I'm prettry sure the basket has open items only, right?

I have never really thought about it, but I don't think that I would include the boxes....not even in a seperate bag. Most people would probably just throw them in the trash when they get home anyway!!!

ilovpc said:
More quetions. Do you give the empty boxes in a separate bag? I'm prettry sure the basket has open items only, right?

I did not include the boxes when I donated.

I've donated many "baskets". I take the Classic Batter Bowl, and set it inside the square metal baker. Then I attach a mini-serve spatula to the handle of the batter bowl. Inside the CBB, I put a box of brownie mix, a SB, a catalog, business card, and a gift certificate payable through me. I also put all the U&C guides and put them inside the square pan since the items aren't in boxes. I wrap it up with cellophane paper, add a big bow, and it makes a pretty package.

The retail value is $35, but it costs me less. The gift certificate is $25. I've gotten 4 gift certificates back. The first two winners gave me orders for over $100 each. The last two only ordered $25 worth.

I generally think about what my main goal for return on the donation is, which in most cases is always acquiring new contacts in new circles.

I like the idea of including a gift certificate, which I never really thought of doing, it gives the winner of the product a reason to contact you! When they do contact you it gives an opportunity for you to explain how they can turn the $25 gift certificate into $100 of products by hosting a show or a fun, flexible income opportunity.

You never know how many future shows, customers and possible recruits you may get in return for the gift certificate.

You could include a gift certificate or even just a coupon for 25% off anything else that they would want if they use it by x date. As for boxes, I don't include them, but I do tuck the instruction cards/sheets in the bottom of the basket. And yes, include your contact info and a catalog (at least a mini).

I have donated several baskets and items to various events. The last one was a selection of items wrapped together in colored clear wrap with a bow. I set the entire set inside the burgandy shopping bag so it would be easy to carry for the winner. The wrapped items were displayed and then bagged for the winner. Of course, the latest catalog and a business card are always included.

So do you get tp deduct this? Does the organization give a receipt? I just did a basket for our relay for life team. I valued it and am trying to figure out how to deduct it. The team isnt sure how to give me a receipt. If I cant deduct it, no big deal. It was stuff I earned in june sat but still. Would be nice to get a write off.

1. How do I choose the right basket for my needs?

The most important factor when choosing a basket is to consider the purpose and contents of the basket. If you are giving it as a gift, choose a sturdy and visually appealing basket. If you are using it for storage, choose a basket with a lid and the appropriate size for your items.

2. What are some essential items to include in a basket?

Some popular items to include in a basket are food or beverages, kitchen tools, recipe books, and servingware. You can also add personal touches such as candles, bath products, or items related to a specific theme or occasion.

3. How do I arrange items in a basket to make it look presentable?

Start by placing taller items in the back and shorter items in the front. Add layers by using tissue paper or shredded paper to prop up items and create depth. You can also use fabric or ribbon to add color and texture to the basket.

4. Can I personalize the basket for a specific person or occasion?

Yes, you can personalize a basket by adding items that reflect the recipient's interests or creating a theme around a specific occasion. You can also add a personalized message or monogrammed items to make the basket more unique and special.

5. Do you have any tips for wrapping a basket?

To wrap a basket, start by placing it in the center of a large sheet of cellophane or wrapping paper. Pull the edges up and secure them with a ribbon or twist tie. You can also add a bow or other embellishments for a more festive look. Make sure to tuck any excess wrapping underneath the basket for a neat finish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nay62
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
nay62
  • Denise K
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Denise K
Replies