• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pleasantville Nj Sales Tax Question

In summary, the speaker lives in PA but did a show in NJ where everyone insisted the sales tax was 3%. However, when the speaker did a direct ship to this host a few months ago, P3 only allowed them to use 7%. Upon checking the PC website, it shows the sales tax as 7%, but upon googling the question, it was found that in Pleasantville NJ, the sales tax is actually 3.5%. The speaker is unsure of what to do about this discrepancy and is considering using 7% for most of the orders, but doesn't want to overcharge the customers. They are wondering if contacting PC would help resolve the issue or if they should just use 7%. The speaker also
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I live in PA but I did a show in NJ on Saturday. The show is being shipped to Pleasantville NJ. Everyone insisted that the sales tax is 3%. But I knew that when I did a direct ship to this host a few months ago P3 would not let me use the 3% it made me use 7%. So I just checked and on the PC website it shows at the sales tax is 7% however. I googled the question and it says that sales tax in most of NJ is 7% but in Pleasantville it is 3.5%. What should I do about this. Because of the issue I figured 7% for most of the orders..but I don't want to charge them more than I should. And since they all used CC it is not like I have too much money if it is in fact 3.5%. Would PC be able to fix this if I contacted them. Or should I just use the 7%. Does any of this question make sense to anyone but me. I feel like I am rambling but I have never run into this issue before.

Contact HO. You can manually enter the correct tax rate but it might flag the show and you would be charged the difference if they think you put in the wrong tax amount. If you had already checked with HO they will have a record and it will be easier to fix if the system changes it or holds up your show.

BethCooks4U said:
Contact HO. You can manually enter the correct tax rate but it might flag the show and you would be charged the difference if they think you put in the wrong tax amount. If you had already checked with HO they will have a record and it will be easier to fix if the system changes it or holds up your show.

Thank you. I was hoping that it would be something that easy.

HO told me once that they can't get the little "details" of that sort of thing to update automatically. We live in Colorado Springs which has a tax rate of 7.4% - but our actual house, therefore shipping address is on Fort Carson Army Post. The tax rate is lower here but because it is listed as Colorado Springs, it comes up with Colorado Springs tax rates online through CC. They told me for items being shipped to one of these special locations to just manually override the tax rate and it would be fine. It doesn't happen a lot but it is a nice savings and I can see why they would want to have it correct. That tax rate is probably one of the big reasons they have chosen to live there.

Hi there,Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It can definitely be confusing to navigate different sales tax rates in different areas. I would recommend reaching out to PC customer service for clarification on the correct sales tax rate for Pleasantville, NJ. They will be able to guide you on the correct amount to charge for the orders. In the meantime, it's always better to err on the side of caution and charge the higher sales tax rate. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Best of luck with your show!

What is the current sales tax rate in Pleasantville, NJ?

The current sales tax rate in Pleasantville, NJ is 6.625%. This includes the state sales tax rate of 6.625%, with no additional local sales taxes.

What items are subject to sales tax in Pleasantville, NJ?

All tangible personal property, including goods and merchandise, is subject to sales tax in Pleasantville, NJ. This includes clothing, electronics, furniture, and other taxable goods.

Are there any items exempt from sales tax in Pleasantville, NJ?

Yes, there are some items that are exempt from sales tax in Pleasantville, NJ. These include groceries, prescription medications, and certain types of clothing, such as children's clothing and footwear.

Do I need to pay sales tax on online purchases in Pleasantville, NJ?

Yes, you are required to pay sales tax on online purchases in Pleasantville, NJ if the seller has a physical presence in the state. If the seller does not have a physical presence in NJ, you may still be responsible for paying use tax on the purchase.

When are sales tax returns due in Pleasantville, NJ?

Sales tax returns are due on the 20th day of the month following the end of the reporting period. For example, if your reporting period is the month of January, your sales tax return is due on February 20th.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • kdoc
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jessicafawn