• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Platter Guarantee?

LilChefBeth

Novice Member
Dec 15, 2009
So I just got this e-mail from a lady who placed an outside order at one of the shows I had:

Hi Bethany!
I'm a friend of [host] and ordered a big white platter from you. I
just pulled it out of the box tonight and while I was washing it, I
barely bumped it against the sink and a piece broke off. Does the
warranty cover something like that? I love the platter, and didn't
even use it once.
Thanks,
[Customer]

The warranty wouldn't cover that would it? I assume it doesn't because she broke it...but I just want to make sure.. I've never dealt with this before.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Was the show within the last 30 days?

If so, do an online adjustment on it....and just check that it broke in use. They'll probably want a piece of it back though...but will send a call tag for it.

Whatever you do - don't call for the adjustment - do it online!

ShelbyMichalek

Veteran Member
Dec 20, 2009
I agree, just because she broke it doesn't mean anything. For something as simple as bumping on the sink, it shouldn't have broken at all.

I also agree about doing the adjustment online.

LilChefBeth

Novice Member
Dec 15, 2009
Thanks! I didn't know I could do that. I would have felt bad because I know the platter is not cheap and because she hasn't used it yet. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have this website, haha. :)

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Thanks! I didn't know I could do that. I would have felt bad because I know the platter is not cheap and because she hasn't used it yet. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have this website, haha. :)

If you go to Consultants Corner - in the "Frequently Visited Links" you'll see the link to online product adjustments. Go there!

LilChefBeth

Novice Member
Dec 15, 2009
So you said that it has to be within the last 30 days? Is the 30 days counted from the show date or when the show was submitted?

mrshamel3808

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2009
From when the show was submitted.

Actually, this JUST happened to me too, it was sitting in the sink and a full bottle of dish soap slipped out of my soapy hands and kinda see-sawed it in the sink and chipped the edge. I just did a online adjustment and they didn't require I send it back.

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
So you said that it has to be within the last 30 days? Is the 30 days counted from the show date or when the show was submitted?

It's 30 days from when the show was shipped.

urbnk8

Sep 10, 2007

It doesn't have to be within 30 days to do it online. It's still covered under warranty, but she may have to pay to send the old one back if it is not within 30 days.

cincychef

Advanced Member
Jul 18, 2007
Also the Simple Additions are supposed to be chip resistant so it really should not break when hand washing. My guess is that it had a hairline crack in it when she got it.

Chef Gilles

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
Honesty is the best policy... HO should know what happened. Was qualifies a small bump? In my book, a bump is a bump when I'm talking about dishes. But there is no harm in trying if HO would replace it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
naekelsey
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
Replies
Views