• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PBA-Free Plastic Steamers: A Guide for New Users and Old Timers"

In summary, a plastic steamer is a kitchen tool used for steaming food. It is made up of a plastic base, lid, and tray with holes. To use, water is added to the base and the food is placed on the tray, then covered with the lid. It is safe to use in the microwave if labeled as such, but not suitable for use on the stovetop. To clean and maintain, wash with warm soapy water and avoid using abrasive materials. Plastic steamers can be used to cook a variety of foods, but should not be used for foods with strong odors or colors, and should not be exposed to high heat or long cooking times.
jross93
I just had a former co-worker email me with the following question:

"Are the plastic steamers PBA free? I've had mine for about 8 years."

I am relatively new to PC and have NO idea what "plastic steamers" she might be talking about. I'd rather not call her and act clueless, so I thought I'd check here and see if anyone might know what she's referring to....???

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Jen

She's probably talking about the micro-cookers. I believe they're PBA free.

I just called HO yesterday with this same question.. They are PBA free except for the locks on the rice cooker.

Totally OT but you know you're tired when you read it as "plastic streamers and wonder if she's talking about conference!

Thanks for this. I'm assuming we are talking BPA, not PBA. I had a customer ask the other day the same question. HQ told me the RiceCookers were listed to have BPA but didn't see microcookers on the list.

So just the handles on the Rice Cookers have it?
Good to know.

Love it.

1. What is a plastic steamer and how does it work?

A plastic steamer is a kitchen tool used for cooking food through the process of steaming. It consists of a plastic base with holes, a plastic lid, and a plastic tray with holes that sits inside the base. To use, simply add water to the base, place the food on the tray, and cover with the lid. As the water heats up, steam is produced and cooks the food on the tray.

2. Are plastic steamers safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, plastic steamers are safe to use in the microwave as long as they are labeled as microwave-safe. Always check the instructions or packaging before using the steamer in the microwave.

3. Can I use plastic steamers on the stovetop?

No, plastic steamers are not suitable for use on the stovetop as they can melt or warp from direct heat. They are designed for use in the microwave.

4. How do I clean and maintain a plastic steamer?

To clean a plastic steamer, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before storing. It is important to avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals on the steamer as this can damage the plastic. Also, make sure to remove any food debris or residue after each use to prevent buildup.

5. Can I use plastic steamers to cook all types of food?

Plastic steamers are versatile and can be used to cook a variety of foods, including vegetables, fish, chicken, and rice. However, it is not recommended to use them for cooking foods with strong odors or bold colors, as these can stain the plastic. Additionally, avoid using them for cooking foods that require high heat or long cooking times, as this can cause the plastic to warp or melt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • NooraK