• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Planning Your Team's Future: HO Outline & Deviations

In summary, Beth is planning to have a meeting to recognize the end of year accomplishments, to discuss how to change their attitudes for success, to present her 2011 incentive program, and to draw for prizes. She is also going to have a door prize drawing and a bead drawing.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
So, who's working on planning theirs?
What have you got in store for your team?
Are you following the outline from HO or deviating at all?

I am using part of it but am deviating somewhat since I have so many hobbyists. I am trying to change their mindset to shoot for the stars but in the meantime I'm trying to get them to stretch at least through baby steps.

Here's my plan (+ I'm putting in some of the points in the planner - just not spending the amount of time for each thing as HO suggests):

1. End of year recognition - we will celebrate what they did in 2010, concentrating on what their individual goals were and what we did as a group. [this might end up moving to February as there's so much to cover at this meeting]

2. We will read portions of the "Oh, the places you will go" book, then the trip video and then discuss how they can earn it. We'll break things down to # of shows to earn a trip to show that everyone can achieve if they step up. This is the tricky part as some will zone out immediately. I plan to have them tell me their why and what (if not a trip what is your goal for 2011) and we'll discuss their how as a group, then in follow up calls with those who do want to grow.

3. We will discuss how to change our attitudes for success; getting the bookings and how to recognize/what to do with leads.

4. Present my 2011 incentive program which gives everyone opportunities for carrots and awards - even those who do just one show a month.

My incentive program 2011:

PC$$:
$1 PC for top show, per $1000 in sales, sign a recruit, attend outside PC event
(for example, Spring or Fall Kickoff)

$5 PC for qualifying (recruit and recruiter), attend Spring Launch, National Conference

25 Show Challenge:
Every month that we have 25 shows (including mine) we will draw for a $25 gift card or 25 PC$$.
1 entry for each show and 2 for each recruit (or new recruit who qualifies). Any month there are 25 shows without mine the drawing will be for a $50 gift card.

Beads (Must be at meeting to receive this):
Green – $150 in sales
Red – 2 or more shows
Blue – dots on cluster calendar
Purple – $1000+ in sales
Pink – recruit (qualify if new)

Door Prize Drawing (Must be at meeting to win):
Each month we will draw for a prize (varies each month).
Entries earned by: Attend meeting, # shows, every $500 in sales, bring a guest, recruit, qualify (recruit & recruiter), attend a PC event, take online classes, dots on the calendar, bring food for meeting, etc as determined by Director.

Additional incentives/awards for promoting, earn a trip or other PC awards, etc. to be announced.

Beth, LOVE the bead idea. I was going to use them just at the B2B meeting, but I think I am going to incorporate them throughout the year. Just had an add on to that idea... redeem the beads at conference for conference cash. Like 10 pink beads means X $$$ in cash if you attend conference.

I'm doing the meeting planner. I am getting pastel helium-filled balloons to have on the ceiling. I have trip-related giveaways ready to go!I have a bunch of hobbyists as well but I'm not going to decide for them that they don't want to earn the trip. Maybe some of them are ready to step it up and just haven't let me know. I'm going to work the meeting like they were all working their business at an achieving level one level... if that makes sense. If I promote that it's okay to do a show a month, that's all they will do. I want more than that. So if I can inspire some to do more than that, great. The hobbyists are going to be hobbyists no matter what I do. I feel it's my job to inspire them to want more if I can.

finley1991 said:
I'm doing the meeting planner. I am getting pastel helium-filled balloons to have on the ceiling. I have trip-related giveaways ready to go!I have a bunch of hobbyists as well but I'm not going to decide for them that they don't want to earn the trip. Maybe some of them are ready to step it up and just haven't let me know. I'm going to work the meeting like they were all working their business at an achieving level one level... if that makes sense. If I promote that it's okay to do a show a month, that's all they will do. I want more than that. So if I can inspire some to do more than that, great. The hobbyists are going to be hobbyists no matter what I do. I feel it's my job to inspire them to want more if I can.

What are you doing for the give aways?

finley1991 said:
I'm doing the meeting planner. I am getting pastel helium-filled balloons to have on the ceiling. I have trip-related giveaways ready to go!

I have a bunch of hobbyists as well but I'm not going to decide for them that they don't want to earn the trip. Maybe some of them are ready to step it up and just haven't let me know. I'm going to work the meeting like they were all working their business at an achieving level one level... if that makes sense. If I promote that it's okay to do a show a month, that's all they will do. I want more than that. So if I can inspire some to do more than that, great. The hobbyists are going to be hobbyists no matter what I do. I feel it's my job to inspire them to want more if I can.

I'm not deciding for them either, that's why I am presenting the DVD and helping them to see how they can do it but I know my team and many of them just blank out as soon as "trip" or other higher goal things are mentioned. I want them excited about SOMETHING and to have a reason to keep submitting every month. Every one of them is important. You never know when you will have a month that the top performers take a break (ugg) and you need that $150 person. I plan to raise the bar (inspire them) as the year goes by to get them past the "you can do it but I can't" attitude. When they see that they did this then I'll be able to show them what a small stretch can give them. As I said "baby steps". Of course those that want to do more will grab onto the higher things that PC and I offer.

flemings99 said:
What are you doing for the give aways?

I have a PC conference tote and 2 other things they gave us at conference (keychain and change purse) that are still in their boxes. Over the last 10 days I've given them the opportunity to earn tickets and will do drawings in between each training segment. Then after the trip reveal, I have two things to give them depending on what trip want to earn so they can keep them as reminders of their goal.

finley1991 said:
I have a PC conference tote and 2 other things they gave us at conference (keychain and change purse) that are still in their boxes. Over the last 10 days I've given them the opportunity to earn tickets and will do drawings in between each training segment. Then after the trip reveal, I have two things to give them depending on what trip want to earn so they can keep them as reminders of their goal.

PM me with what you got for the trip reveal prizes. I watched the video and have looked for something but haven't been able to find anything.

flemings99 said:
PM me with what you got for the trip reveal prizes. I watched the video and have looked for something but haven't been able to find anything.

PMing you now! :)

Trip reveal prizes? Huh? Fill me in!

This year, my 1st and 2nd gen. directors are having their own meetings and since my personal cluster is not attending meetings in this area, I will partner with one of them. The second gen director is moving in the spring so will try to get her team familiar with me and the 1 st gen. director so they know they have support when their director leaves the area.

So, I am going to do a meeting north of where I live but it will have to wait until the week after :(. Just have too much going on this first week back to school as well.

My head is spinning with ideas and wishes right now so focus is my mission. And I am taking some of my poor habits with my PC business and trying to better them one by one.

Ann - what part of NY state are you from?

Colleen, I am going this afternoon or tomorrow, can you PM me what you found?
thanks

Teresa Lynn said:
Colleen, I am going this afternoon or tomorrow, can you PM me what you found?
thanks

PMing you now! :)

Melissa78 said:
Ann - what part of NY state are you from?

I am located about 100 miles north of Syracuse in a small tourist town of Alexandria Bay. Canada is about 1 mile away ("as the crow flies") and to drive to Canada would take about 20 minutes by the time you went over the US and Canadian bridge spans. (then there is customs!)

And you are located where in NE PA?

I got beads today and I think I am going to give a necklace for every 5000 pts that each person on the team earns. Each meeting they are going to wear their beads and get awarded more as they earn them. That way everyone will see who is working their business. At the end of the year they will be able to redeem the beads for something if they earn the trip. Not sure what the prize will be yet though.

baychef said:
I am located about 100 miles north of Syracuse in a small tourist town of Alexandria Bay. Canada is about 1 mile away ("as the crow flies") and to drive to Canada would take about 20 minutes by the time you went over the US and Canadian bridge spans. (then there is customs!)

And you are located where in NE PA?

Ann I have camped in A-Bay and somewhere up around there is the greatest mini golf course I have ever found! (It had 2 sides, American and Canadian - so fitting, 'eh?) Yes I did the touristy things - such as the tour of 1000 Islands etc. I live about 2hours from Syracuse, 1 hour below Binghamton, NY (45mi)to be more specific. A-bay is a very cute little quaint town. Your cold though must make ours feel warm since you get all of the lakefront winds/storms.

Sorry all for interrupting the thread. My apologies.

Melissa,
I live about 45 minutes north east of Binghamton towards Oneonta :)
who's your director?

ttyl.
Anne

I've been to Oneonta too! :) My grandfather used to go fishing there when I was a wee-wittle one. hehe Funny you list yourself as 'upstate' NY and I wouldn't ever think of that as upstate. To me 'upstate' is everything above Syracuse - more like Albany and Rochester. hehe

My AD is Grace Bott.

Well, my meeting turn out was low this time (not our normal day) but it all went over well. They were excited about the trips and my new program.

:chef:

As a follow-up, I JUST finished my meeting! IT WAS AWESOME! I did the meeting planner entirely and exactly and it ROCKED! Only one of the 12 who RSVPed didn't show and 2 brought guests!!!!I have a TEAM of hobbyists (although some would tell you otherwise! :p) with the best one doing $10k in sales in 2010. NONE OF THEM thought the trip reveal and goal setting was uninteresting or not for them. They all felt everything was VERY achievable and they are into it! We'll see if they do anything or not, but what matters to me is they were all at least interested.Hope everyone has a rocking BTB meeting!!!! :)

1. What is an HO outline and why is it important for planning my team's future?

An HO outline is a plan that outlines the specific steps and goals for your team's future. It helps to provide a clear direction and focus for your team, and ensures that everyone is on the same page and working towards the same objectives.

2. How often should I update my team's HO outline?

We recommend reviewing and updating your team's HO outline at least once a year. However, it is important to regularly assess and adjust your outline as needed to reflect any changes or shifts in your team's goals and objectives.

3. What should be included in a team's HO outline?

A team's HO outline should include a clear mission statement, specific goals and objectives, a timeline, and a plan for achieving those goals. It should also incorporate feedback and input from team members to ensure that everyone is invested in and aligned with the plan.

4. What are some common deviations from an HO outline and how can I address them?

Common deviations from an HO outline may include changes in team dynamics, unexpected challenges, or shifts in company goals. It is important to regularly review and update your outline to address these deviations and make necessary adjustments to ensure your team is still on track to achieve its goals.

5. How can I get my team on board with our HO outline?

To get your team on board with your HO outline, it is important to involve them in the planning process and communicate the goals and objectives clearly and effectively. Encourage open communication and collaboration, and provide support and resources to help your team achieve the outlined goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• OhmyDLM
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • OhmyDLM
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
OhmyDLM
  • chefbilyeu