• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning the Perfect Team Mtg: Tips for Directors & Newbies Alike

In summary, Lisa's director prefers to use the meeting planner, but does not always follow it. Lisa is thinking of ways to make her meetings more useful for her consultants. Lisa is also considering using the cook and book training format from CC, using a cooking demo, highlighting rewards and recognizing those working their biz, and sending out a newsletter.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
For those that are directors or just hold their own meetings - how do you plan it? Do you use the meeting planner as is? Change it up a little? I've got 3 new team members & I'd like to have informational, motivational monthly meetings. I've got one scheduled for October 24th. Should I gear it towards the forged cutlery or do something else?

Crystal: Good for you!!! I use something from the meeting planner if it looks fun--if not--I do my own. I have a small team (last night I had 7 show up, including 2 guests), and I usually do welcome, announcements, training, recognition (I do it at the end in case anyone shows up late they don't miss it) and a team challenge.

Last night for training I had all the knives out and a couple of cutting boards and some veggies and a baguette--they played when they got there with the knives. Then we did a welcome, and divided into two teams--we did a recipe relay and made one of the recipes from the appetizer cookbook. After that we each team took a bunch of the Simple Additions and I had some fake greenery for fall and Christmas and each team built a display with SA. A little recognition, Then we talked about our WHY bags and made a list of what could go in them. Then we kicked off our Step Up Program. Start to finish 90 minutes. Have fun at your meetings, no matter how many show up.

Hope you do well!

Hey Nancy, can I participate in any way in your Step Up?

Personally as a consultant, if your meeting is the 24th, I as a consultant might want to hear a little recap about FC, but I would hope my director would focus on helping me sell/book for Nov. and Dec., as by Oct. 24th you're really probably not going to add anymore shows to your Oct. calendar.

Of course, that's just my humble opinion.

My director doesn't really do much at her shows personaly with SA, she's told us that. So I'm trying to come up with ideas and things to focus or do at my shows in Nov. I'm not one to take my PC things and fill with flowers etc and than want to reuse with food, so I'm not good at showing that either. I am goign to be takng my 3tiered stand to my fundraiser shows, so show how I can get lots more desserts out on a buffet while taking up less room.

HTH,

Lisa

Lisa, I was kind of thinking the same thing about the meeting being the 24th & the forged cutlery.

Nancy - thanks for your help! We'll probably only have 3-5 people there, so I'm not sure about the teams, but we can definitely brainstorm ideas. I want to do something useful for my consultants since they're all brand new. Meaning that I want to make the meetings worth coming to!

Sometimes I follow the planner, but most of the time we don't.
We always open with introductions and sharing a success from the past month. We do training, recognition, and challenges. We almost always prepare a recipe together and talk about what we say about the products as we go through them.
We always have a good time and my consultants who attend regularly really do have more successful businesses than those who don't.

In a similar thought... Do you all have motivational emails that you send to your team? I'd like something that I could format through I-Contact but wasn't sure what was available. My director has one that she sends out weekly but I'm not crazy about it.

You may want to consider using the cook and book training format from CC. Since they're all fairly new, you can do a cooking demo using only tools from their new kit. You can talk about booking, out & about contacts and the 3-2-1 model.

For a newsletter, you can highlight the rewards and recognize those working their biz. Include updates on specials and incentives, share a recipe or tip that can help them.

Just some ideas....

1. How can I make sure my team meeting is productive?

One of the most important things for a productive team meeting is to have a clear agenda. Make sure to set specific goals and topics to cover, and stick to the schedule to keep the meeting on track. Also, encourage active participation and discussion from all team members to make sure everyone's ideas are heard.

2. How can I keep my team engaged during the meeting?

Engaging team members during a meeting can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do to keep their attention. Consider using interactive activities or icebreakers to start the meeting off on a fun note. You can also try to switch up the format of the meeting, such as incorporating a group discussion or a hands-on demonstration.

3. What is the best way to handle conflicts during a team meeting?

Conflicts are bound to arise during team meetings, but it's important to address them in a professional and respectful manner. Encourage open communication and active listening from all team members involved in the conflict. If necessary, take a break to allow everyone to cool off before coming back to the discussion.

4. How can I make sure all team members are on the same page after the meeting?

After the meeting, it's important to recap the key takeaways and action items. Consider sending out a meeting summary or follow-up email to all team members with a list of action items and deadlines. This will help ensure that everyone is clear on their responsibilities and what was discussed during the meeting.

5. How can I make the team meeting environment more welcoming for new team members?

It's important to make new team members feel included and comfortable during team meetings. Consider assigning a mentor or buddy to new members to help them integrate into the team. You can also make sure to introduce new members and give them a chance to share a little bit about themselves during the meeting. Additionally, be mindful of using inclusive language and avoiding jargon that may be unfamiliar to new team members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
envitegencese
  • pamperedlinda