• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Budget-Friendly Open House Tips: Expert Insights from Cheryl

In summary, Cheryl is considering doing an open house without refreshments, but is worried about the perception of the event. She is also considering hosting the party at her home with help from her co-hosts.
mom2kr
Has anyone done an open house without offering some type of refreshment?

Unfortunately, I have lost my regular job and now I figure maybe I should really try a little harder with PC. But I truly cannot afford to spend extra money on things for refreshments. I just wanted other peoples input on this type of open house.

Thanks,

cheryl

are you going to do an actual party? if so, I would not call it an open house. my director pointed out that if you call it an open house, people assume they can just drop by whenever they want, instead of when you want to do your party.

if you are doing an actual open house, then yes, I would expect some type of refreshment

I would expect some type of drink as well, but that doesn't mean it has to be expensive. You could just serve water and lemonade...it might cost $1 for the lemonade concentrate. I know what it's like to be hard pressed, be creative and you will find that a lot can be done cheaply.

You could do a "party on a budget" theme...let's think, ladies and gents, of how to do this...Everything GENERIC!!!
>Lemonade - idea from above
>Water - pretty much free :)
>Popcorn is usually inexpensive - if you have an air popper
>Asian Beef Noodles is made with ramen...maybe make it without the beef and add lots of cheap Napa cabbage?
>make rice crispy treats in the cookware as guests mingle
>make your own pb&j with the cut 'n seal
>curly fries made with the APCS and then baked on a stone
>mashed potatoes in the rice cooker and then piped with the EAD
>grilled cheese in the stoneware bar pan
>potato chips made with USG and baked on a stoneMake sure to make things you would eat - you will probably have leftovers. Check through your cupboards to see what non-perishable items you have on hand and do a recipe search on the website. Everything that is hands-on is a big draw and usually helps with sales.I wonder if you could have a HWC open house and ask your local grocers to donate a few items in lieu of purchasing? I would go with a few recipes and/or ingredient lists for the GM to choose from. And make sure to invite him/her to the party!We need a "cheap recipe" option on the Recipe Search section on the website!Also, don't forget that all this is a tax write-off as a business expense! That won't help you now, but it will when taxes come around next year.Whew...I'm exhausted. Can anyone think of anything else?

Invite 2 or 3 people to act as "co-hosts" and ask them to supply a few ingredients or needed supplies.

Now I had a host, who was on a tight budget so she asked everyone to bring one item for the pc party, everyone that had an item came to the show.
It worked well for her, people are always glad to help!:D

What are some budget-friendly open house tips?

Some budget-friendly open house tips include using inexpensive decorations, offering simple yet delicious appetizers, and utilizing natural lighting instead of expensive lighting fixtures.

How can I make my open house more inviting without spending a lot of money?

You can make your open house more inviting by decluttering and deep cleaning your space, setting up comfortable seating areas, and adding personal touches such as fresh flowers or scented candles.

What types of food should I serve at my open house?

It's best to serve easy-to-eat finger foods such as cheese and crackers, fruit platters, and mini sandwiches. These options are not only budget-friendly, but also require minimal preparation.

Should I offer drinks at my open house?

Yes, offering drinks such as water, coffee, and tea is a nice touch for guests. You can also save money by serving homemade punch or iced tea instead of purchasing pre-made beverages.

How can I create a welcoming atmosphere for my open house?

Creating a welcoming atmosphere for your open house can be achieved by playing soft background music, providing a warm and friendly greeting to guests, and ensuring that the space is well-lit and comfortable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Replies
Views
lkprescott
Replies
Views