• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Couples' Dinner Party: Need Recipe Ideas

In summary, the conversation includes plans for a couples' show with 20 expected attendees, with an interactive cooking competition between men and women. The suggested recipes are a grilled main dish and Colossal Chopped Salad for the women, and chocolate truffle brownie cups and a trifle for the couples' show. There is also discussion about finding a suitable appetizer for a large group.
jrny2001
Silver Member
Have my first one on the 19th. Expecting about 20 couples to attend.

Need recipe ideas. I though of doing a main dish and dessert.
Any suggestions?

That one that I did, I took grilling tools and let the mean grill whatever meat the host had outside while I demo'd the Colossal Chopped Salad for the women inside. Everyone seemed to like it. The host had tons of food that she did on her own.

I've found that chocolate recipes go over well with couples too. You could do the truffle brownie cups... make the cups and ganache ahead of time and then assemble there. Bring the ganache in one of the S/S bowls, fill the cups and use the EAD to add whipped topping, knives (w/cutting board) to slice strawberries, and the microplane to garnish with chocolate shavings.

I'm doing one in June where the hubby and wife are competing. She is only inviting women and he is only inviting men. Then we are doing two interactive recipes and the men will be making one while the women make the other one. They are going to race to see who can do it the fastest. It should be a fun show!

Have fun. Sorry I totally did NOT answer your question!

khergatt said:
I'm doing one in June where the hubby and wife are competing. She is only inviting women and he is only inviting men. Then we are doing two interactive recipes and the men will be making one while the women make the other one. They are going to race to see who can do it the fastest. It should be a fun show!

Have fun. Sorry I totally did NOT answer your question!

That's what we are doing too! What recipes are you making?

Kristy

That sounds like a lot of fun & its an awesome idea!

I have a couples show in two weeks. The host seems to think all 15 couples will attend. Let's say only 10 show up, that's still 22 people, including the host and her dh. The host also wants an appetizer and dessert. She wants them big enough to feed everyone. Also wants it to be interactive, which works for me. One group will make the dessert and one will make the appetizer. I'm having trouble thinking of what will work as interactive and be large enough for even 20 guests.

I was thinking maybe a trifle would work if we double it and place the other trifle into one of our other bowls. Or is there was a really rich trifle that wouldn't need to be doubled because a small amount would be filling? Not sure about an appetizer.

1. What are some easy but impressive appetizer ideas for a couples' dinner party?

Some easy but impressive appetizer ideas for a couples' dinner party include:

• Bruschetta with a variety of toppings such as tomato and mozzarella, roasted vegetables, or prosciutto and fig jam.
  • Stuffed mushrooms filled with a mixture of cream cheese, herbs, and bread crumbs.
  • Antipasto platter with a selection of cured meats, cheeses, olives, and marinated vegetables.
  • Mini quiches or tarts with a variety of fillings such as spinach and feta, caramelized onion and goat cheese, or bacon and cheddar.

2. What are some crowd-pleasing main course recipes for a couples' dinner party?

Some crowd-pleasing main course recipes for a couples' dinner party include:

• Grilled steak with chimichurri sauce.
  • Roasted chicken with lemon and herbs.
  • Shrimp scampi with pasta.
  • Pan-seared salmon with a honey soy glaze.
  • Mushroom risotto with truffle oil.

3. What are some vegetarian options for a couples' dinner party?

Some vegetarian options for a couples' dinner party include:

• Vegetable lasagna with layers of roasted vegetables, marinara sauce, and cheese.
  • Quinoa stuffed bell peppers with black beans, corn, and salsa.
  • Eggplant parmesan with marinara sauce and melted cheese.
  • Grilled vegetable skewers with a balsamic glaze.
  • Portobello mushroom burgers with avocado and cheese.

4. What are some make-ahead side dishes for a couples' dinner party?

Some make-ahead side dishes for a couples' dinner party include:

• Mixed green salad with homemade dressing that can be prepared ahead of time.
  • Roasted vegetables such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes.
  • Garlic mashed potatoes that can be reheated in the oven or microwave.
  • Orzo salad with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and a lemon vinaigrette.
  • Wild rice pilaf with dried cranberries and pecans.

5. What are some easy but impressive dessert ideas for a couples' dinner party?

Some easy but impressive dessert ideas for a couples' dinner party include:

• Individual fruit tarts with a homemade crust and vanilla pastry cream.
  • Fruit platter with a variety of seasonal fruits and a chocolate dipping sauce.
  • Chocolate lava cakes with a gooey center.
  • Tiramisu with layers of ladyfingers, coffee, and mascarpone cheese.
  • Cheesecake topped with fresh berries and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
caroladams
  • towerbabel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
towerbabel
  • hlynn424