• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I make plain tortilla chips from scratch?

In summary, to make plain tortilla chips, you will need tortilla wraps, olive oil, and salt. You do not need any special equipment, as a baking sheet and oven will suffice. Other types of oil, such as vegetable or canola oil, can be used instead of olive oil. The baking time will vary depending on your oven, but a good rule of thumb is to bake them for 8-10 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown. Additional seasonings, such as garlic powder, chili powder, or cumin, can be added for extra flavor by sprinkling them on before baking.
lisaterwilliger
Gold Member
Hey Everyone!
For the life of me I can NOT find the written directions for just plain tortilla shells..I can find the cinnamon/sugar ones and the zesty ones w/ the peach salsa but just not the regular ones..now I think I know basically all the steps but I have a host who wants the exact steps and I don't wanna mess up!
THANKS everyone!

Just cut flour tortillas into wedges and put them on a stone. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Yum.

Here is a simple recipe for plain tortilla shells:Ingredients:- 2 cups all-purpose flour- 1/2 teaspoon salt- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil- 3/4 cup warm waterInstructions:1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add in the vegetable oil and mix until the flour resembles coarse crumbs.2. Slowly add in the warm water, mixing until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add a little more water. If it's too sticky, add a little more flour.3. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.4. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.5. Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball into a thin circle, about 6-7 inches in diameter.6. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Place one tortilla on the hot surface and cook for about 30 seconds, until small bubbles start to form.7. Flip the tortilla and cook for an additional 30 seconds on the other side. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.8. As each tortilla is cooked, place it on a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep them warm and moist.9. Serve the tortillas warm with your favorite fillings or toppings.Enjoy your homemade tortilla shells!

What ingredients do I need to make plain tortilla chips?

To make plain tortilla chips, you will need tortilla wraps, olive oil, and salt.

Do I need any special equipment to make these tortilla chips?

No, you do not need any special equipment. A baking sheet and oven will suffice.

Can I use other types of oil instead of olive oil?

Yes, you can use any type of oil that has a high smoke point, such as vegetable or canola oil.

How long do I bake the tortilla chips for?

The baking time will vary depending on your oven, but a good rule of thumb is to bake them for 8-10 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.

Can I add any additional seasonings to the tortilla chips?

Yes, you can add any additional seasonings such as garlic powder, chili powder, or cumin for added flavor. Just be sure to sprinkle them on before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
catlwilles
  • msangtorn
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76