• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Placing Flyers Around Apartment Complex??

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of posting flyers in an apartment complex to promote Pampered Chef products. The speaker asks for suggestions and ideas on what to include in the flyer and receives positive feedback from others who have had success with this method. They also mention the importance of following up with potential leads and offer tips on how to do so effectively. The conversation ends with the speaker expressing optimism about the potential success of their flyer.
ChefRiGuy
So I live in an apartment complex, as I am sure others do. And I always have flyers from pizza, chinese, etc on my door. So I thought why not do that for PC. I know there would be a little cost but the office max discount for black and white copies its great. Has anyone ever done this? I know I may need to ask my complex first, but I think it may be nice. We have no newsletter or info board and you can't post by the mailboxes, so I figure this is a better choice to at least get the word around the complex.

If you have done this or even if not, please give me some ideas of what to include on the flyer:chef:

Check out the flyer Julie posted in "walking the streets" on here - I don't know how to post a link (sorry).

Good luck chefRiGuy! I've had one call from it. I say go for it!

Here is another flier that you can use..I found it in the files..

Attachments

• nieghborhood flyer-1.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 490
ChefRiGuy - go for it. Like I am figuring too with street walking or driving - it can't hurt to try! No action, no result. Even if it fails, you get a result. You get knowledge. And who knows, the result may not come immediately. My up-line always says that what you do today takes 90 to show a result. Don't hold your breath but don't discount it either. Best of luck! You know, if you have a common room, do not invite them to host but maybe rather to attend a party. Then do a mystery host party to introduce them to you and your product line.

My personal experience with apartments was 1 response to 300 units. Not something I would choose to do again, but really good exercise. You do get better response walking in an upscale development.

FedEx Office (Kinko's) has a discount copy card you can buy through Ccorner.

Apartments - singles, young families, not as much expendable income
Upscale houses - older marrieds, established families, more expendable income

Anyway, here are some other flyer possibilities and some booking ideas. More than anything, call. Call past hosts, call friends, do the 'out of the blue' script. Ditto on the karma thing... energy now = business later. I've found it to generally be about 6-weeks out.

Good luck; let us know how it goes!

Flyers attached - Grocery as it looks. Neighborhood consultant - works for men and women. PC Consultant - I think has a female on the clip art. Get Bookings and 85 ways to dating a show are good ideas.

Attachments

• grocerystore flyer.doc
    148.5 KB · Views: 627
  • am your neighborhood consultant.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 596
  • let me be your PC consultant.doc
    46 KB · Views: 470
  • get bookings.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 793
  • Dating-85 Ways.doc
    29 KB · Views: 413
Nice info, thanks Scott.

I hung an ad at our local pharmacy two nights ago along with a flyer of what January's monthly host sale is. Hopefully that nets a booking or two. I'm really struggling getting some bookings. I have a few that said they would book, but just not at this moment. I have one catalog that is about ready to finish, but not a huge catalog sale. Just enough to get my head above water for the month.

Thakns you all for the input! I am hoping it works, I knwo the odds may only net a few responses. But with the discount card at Office Max I will only be out around $15 and the walking. I am not sure how to post flyers on here but I did make one myself, and I think it turned out pretty good. I need to wait until my next paycheck to buy the copies but am staying optimistic.

I don't remember where I read this suggestion. But they suggested telling the people about pc and ask "if someone in the neighborhood were having a party, would they like to be invited." Then take their name and info, when you get someone who wants to host but doesn't have enough friends, you can hand them the list, or keep the list and have your own show. But of course that only works if you talk to people in person. Maybe you can have on your flyer an email address where they can sign up to be invited, or to join your newsletter. It seems less committal to people and you get their name for the future. My downline handed out fliers and got a lady who called to tell her she would never order anything so she should skip her house in the future - Yikes! But even one order/show will most likely make up for the money and time spent. Good Luck. Mara

Duh! That was mine Mara from the Walking the streets thread. I never thought to suggest that here. Stupid of me not to. The same holds true, the only differenc eis that you would be walking a hallway instead of a street.
What you do is knock on each door. Introduce yourself then ask if they would be interested in attending a party. After about 20 yeses, simply ask the next person if they would like to get free stuff by hosting party and then tell them you know of at least 20 people who would be interested in helping them get that free and discounted stuff. Then you simply set it in your date book, offer to bring a recipe and you do the invites and hand them out. Make sure you have order forms and catalogs and YOUR contact info as well as the hosts so they can place that order if they can not make it to the party. BEFORE YOU DO THIS, go ask your building management about a common room in the complex. The biggest argument I can see you getting for "Well, I'm not sure. I don't have a lot of room for all those people". Be prepared with a response to that! You could offer your place too if you wanted to. Then you could set it up just like you want it and take your time doing so. It is not like any of the guests would need to drive anywhere! Also you could do the recipe(s) ahead so you can do it more as an open house thing so having room would not be that much of an issue. Then people could come and go as they please. In fact there is another idea. Simply pick a night, knock on doors and tell the people who do respond that your are hosting a Pampered Chef party at such and such a time on such and such a date. "Would you be interested in coming?" Make sure to write down who said yes, even if it is just the apartment number. Do the knocking so you know you might have enough "guests" to make it worth your while. In fact, this just gave me an idea! No just dropping an invite! I could also knock on doors for a personal invite! That would be much better than just dropping off fliers! And even if you do not get a lot of yeses, you just put your name out there!

1. How many flyers am I allowed to place in each apartment unit?

As a general rule, we recommend placing no more than one flyer per apartment unit. This ensures that all residents have a chance to see the flyer without feeling overwhelmed.

2. Can I place flyers in common areas such as the lobby or mailroom?

Yes, you can place flyers in common areas as long as it is allowed by the apartment complex management. Please check with the management before placing any flyers in these areas.

3. Is there a specific time or day that I should place the flyers?

We recommend placing the flyers during the weekend or in the evening when residents are more likely to be at home. However, it ultimately depends on the apartment complex's policies and the best time to reach their residents.

4. Can I include my contact information on the flyers?

Yes, you can include your contact information on the flyers. This will make it easier for interested residents to reach out to you for more information or to place an order.

5. Are there any restrictions on the content or design of the flyers?

While we do not have any specific restrictions, we recommend keeping the flyer simple and easy to read. Use eye-catching images and a clear call-to-action to grab the attention of potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Savannah_Peach
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • blueikaos