1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Placing Ad in the PennySaver

1. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

Does anybody have any sample ad's they have placed in local papers? I am at a loss for words & creativity this morning.

2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Merrill has an ad generator that creates HO-approved ads for our use. It's a couple of bucks to get access to it, but you can create LOTS of ads and download them, then let it expire.

Apr 24, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I did that, and it works great! I'm going to be using the Yellow-Pages ad for my local paper next month myself.
    (Funny thing is, my ad generate has YET to expire..and I got it 3 months ago! Not knocking it mind you, and no, they aren't billing me.)

Apr 24, 2009
  4. amyscookinggear

amyscookinggear Member Gold Member

So wait. That is what the ad generator is? I couldn't find an explanation of it anywhere on Merril. I was trying to figure out how a website add generator would benefit us if we couldn't post it anywhere.

5. amyscookinggear

amyscookinggear Member Gold Member

Has anyone had success with ads in newspapers?

6. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Yes that is what the add generator is for. Print adds or to use for ourselves in flyers etc...

No I never had success with newspaper adds but had limited success with adds in school programs / local business directories etc...

Apr 24, 2009
  7. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

Great Thanks. Iwill have to look for that when I get home. I love this board it is so helpful

8. I just contacted our penny saver after reading this omg only 46.50 and it runs in like 4 different counties around us

9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There are limits to where we can place ads - they're covered in the Policies. Generally, school/dance/gymnastics programs are fine, as are most local newspapers and pennysaver type publications.

Apr 24, 2009
  10. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

main thing is that they do not also list you in an online-version of the publication. So if you have a paper that runs the print ad AND an online version of the ad- you can't be in the online version. Check the policies to be sure specifically.

Apr 24, 2009
Have something to add?