• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deciding Between Two Pizza Stones? Advice Needed!

In summary, using a pizza stone has several benefits such as creating a crispy crust, distributing heat evenly, and being versatile for other foods. When choosing a pizza stone, consider the difference between ceramic and cordierite, as well as the size that best fits your oven. Properly caring for your pizza stone involves gentle cleaning and avoiding harsh chemicals. And finally, a pizza stone can be used on the grill, but make sure to use a durable stone and preheat it before cooking.
beepampered
What do you order a guest that tells the host she wants the Pizza Stone? Do you get the new one with handles? The old one since that was what she was thinking? Make the host go ask and delay the show?

This has happened several times and I have a host that has gotten two requests for the stone but has no clue that there are two different ones. I dread having to drag this closing out anymore so just want to make an executive decision. Thanks for your thoughts....

I would just order the one with handles. Apparently the guest has no clue either. I prefer the one with handles over the regular one and it's only a couple bucks more.

But if you have a phone number for the guest, you could always call and try to upsell a pizza cutter or cookbook onto the order.

You're going to have to call and ask. I had a customer tell me yesterday that she was ordering a "pizza stone" for a friend, and it turns out she ordered the rectangle stone. I had another guest tell me she had a "pizza stone" and when she described it to me, she was describing the Large Bar Pan. Our customers don't know that they all have a different name - it's like "Kleenex" - that's just one brand of tissues, but people use it as the name of all tissues. Or, my favorite is "tennis shoes" - hello, little white sneakers with little to no support are not for playing tennis in! ;)

What are the benefits of using a pizza stone?

Using a pizza stone helps create a crispy crust by absorbing excess moisture from the dough. It also helps distribute heat evenly, resulting in a more evenly cooked pizza. Additionally, a pizza stone can be used for other foods such as bread and cookies.

What is the difference between a ceramic and a cordierite pizza stone?

Ceramic pizza stones are generally less expensive and lighter in weight, making them easier to handle. However, cordierite stones are more durable and can withstand higher temperatures, making them great for high-heat cooking methods like grilling.

What size pizza stone should I get?

The size of the pizza stone you need depends on the size of your oven and the size of the pizzas you typically make. It's important to measure your oven and choose a pizza stone that will fit comfortably inside. As a general rule, the pizza stone should be at least an inch smaller than the oven on all sides to allow for air circulation.

How do I properly care for my pizza stone?

To care for your pizza stone, allow it to cool completely before cleaning. Use a damp cloth or scraper to remove any excess food or debris. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as they can be absorbed into the stone and affect the flavor of your food. Instead, use a baking soda and water mixture to gently scrub the stone. Allow it to air dry completely before storing.

Can I use my pizza stone on the grill?

Yes, you can use a pizza stone on the grill. However, it's important to choose a durable stone like cordierite that can withstand high temperatures. Make sure to preheat the stone on the grill before placing the pizza on top. You may also want to use a pizza peel for easier transfer of the pizza onto the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slapsappyhappy
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
clshirk
  • Malinda Klein